Hold It Against Me was a cultural reset and you will deal

I loved the concept and actual implementation of the MV and how they played on a cheesy pick up line and turned it into something dark. 

"if I said I want your body" with Britney literally stuffing her eyeless dancers in her foof, the references to being possessed with the double pupil in her eye, the two Britney's fighting... EPIC.

I even liked THE silhouette breakdown scenes in the MV so cool... FF had fantastic visuals and I miss it :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Mayenaise said:

I loved the concept and actual implementation of the MV and how they played on a cheesy pick up line and turned it into something dark. 

"if I said I want your body" with Britney literally stuffing her eyeless dancers in her foof, the references to being possessed with the double pupil in her eye, the two Britney's fighting... EPIC.

I even liked THE silhouette breakdown scenes in the MV so cool... FF had fantastic visuals and I miss it :wontcry_tears_crying_sad:

Yeah the whole era had amazing visuals.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, leviathan said:

Yeah the whole era had amazing visuals.

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

4 minutes ago, Mayenaise said:

We didn’t appreciate it back then for what it was… A masterpiece! I’m happy that we got it for the FFT! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, BritneyLVR2.0 said:

:yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

We didn’t appreciate it back then for what it was… A masterpiece! I’m happy that we got it for the FFT! :queenflopga_walk_sass_pink:

I stanned HIAM all the way back to the day 1 teasers.. I was hooked when I first saw the full MV... definitely one of her best MVs ever, despite what your personal opinions are of Britney at that time. 

• Like 1

I really loved HIAM at the time. It has aged ok over the years. The only thing that gets me about HIAM and Femme Fatale in general is that it was the album where she either started to blend in with all of the other girls or rehash things she's already done before. 

HIAM was Kesha + Shattered Glass combined. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not as fresh as Blackout, In the Zone or even Circus. 

• Like 1

I love it!!! My favorite part is the break... I prefer the MV version though cause it's extended!!

This part still scares me to this very day 04114329871424.gif

It's one of the MVs we know less infos for, right?

This is when she arrived on set (?) Pictures-Britney-Spears-Studio-After-Hol

This is on set with the director 166c4f5a-b3a0-4903-8c90-9e49eef86477_222

And apperentely this is after she's done shooting the MV 534132_31040_2_bf804905e50a01a2f954e15e9

Other than that we don't know much about the MV right? I think a "making the video" on her official YouTube channel would have been great, but knowing her ex team and everything they done to her especially during this era, I doubt they even recorded something...

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Stefani said:

It was a quick lil hit that fell off the charts almost as fast as an Xtina single. :billie_eilish_green_chuckle_cackle_lol_lmao_haha_hehe_laugh: TTWE had staying power and was the superior FF era hit. :girlbye_walking_away_leave_get_out_leaving_chair_okay:

TTWE over HIAM?? I mean, yes it was definitely CATCHIER, but superior??? Absolutely not sis :nonono_britney_nope_head_shake:

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Yeah no it was clearly a frontloaded disaster and a sign of what was to come. FF was sustained by an entire ALBUM of songs better than HIAM. Honestly I’m starting to believe Inside Out or How I Roll would have been better lead singles, just because TTWE, IWG, and Criminal were going to SMASH  anyway. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block