Britney fans need to accept that she’s done with music and owes us absolutely nothing

1 minute ago, Jaiden said:

"she owes us anything" its so annoying reading this like, we are the ones who helped her life situation... Is it bad asking some recognition by slaying us artistically? 😂

Umm… your motivation for helping her should’ve been the fact she was being abused and was having her basic human rights violated, not because you expected to get something in return.

If your main priority was freeing her so she could provide with you with more music and entertainment, that’s a very selfish, inhumane, and unsympathetic attitude to have.  

• Love 5

I don’t think it’s fair to put words in her mouth, she hasn’t used the word retire yet, so it’s not really fair to say she’ll never make music or perform ever again but at the same time, she has made it clear she ain’t ready to resume her career and wants to focus on her life esp. with a new baby on the way, she deserves to be able to raise this child the way she couldn’t before, so fans shouldn’t be hurling their career wishes or ideas at her or doing things like what I just saw in a Facebook group, the person wants fans to leave comments to the NFL for her to be the next half time show, not cool, don’t be trying to make decisions for her.

So with all that said, I plan to focus on my own life and just take Brit’s world as it comes.

• Love 1

The fact that she even entertains coming back one day is enough for me. She lost 13 years of her life being forced to work and missed out on so much of her babies lives I’m so happy she will finally have that experience with her new baby. She deserves the world for all that she has done for so many.

• Love 3

To say a celebrity owes their fans nothing is a pretty ridiculous things to say.  They have made millions off of their fans and everything they have is because of us giving them money.  It would be like saying Apple owes us nothing when we pay for iphones.  That being said, Britney can do whatever her heart desires.  Do I think she might release new music?  Probably.  Do I think she will ever have another residency?  Probably not.  She is done performing in my opinion.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Urbanney said:

Umm… your motivation for helping her should’ve been the fact she was being abused and was having her basic human rights violated, not because you expected to get something in return.

If your main priority was freeing her so she could provide with you with more music and entertainment, that’s a very selfish, inhumane, and unsympathetic attitude to have.  

This :mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Urbanney said:

***** YES!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MikeMasi said:

Wanting new music or her to be involved in her career is not bad. There is a difference between wanting and making someone do something. We can stop the whole “she doesn’t owe you anything.” 

This is me saying Britney should make a video and talk to her fans and make an official announcement on what she really is doing. That’s not asking for much. At the end of the day, she can chose to do what she wants but requesting that from her should not make me wrong 

Agreed. Wanting new music, new material or a new “era” of artistry from her is not a bad thing at all. If not for fans wanting to consume her artistry, she’d have no empire. She’d be a no one without consumerism. She would have no millions to kick back and relax and take a break from working like everyone else must do on a daily basis. I personally don’t think a singing career really is as exhausting as other careers. You write. You sing. You record. Producers do heavy lifting making some tracks. I hate to minimize the amount of work an artist does but they aren’t performing surgeries on patients on a daily basis like let’s have a reality check. She does owe her new found freedom to her fans who advocated for her. She does indeed owe her empire of millions and millions of dollars to her fans and consumers. To not be willing to indulge her fans whom worked so hard for her in so many ways to help her would be disrespectful to the fans to be honest and kind of a slap in the face. It would be a gesture of good will and a thank you. A farewell album would be a thoughtful gesture to the fan base and people across the globe who bought into her brand and supported her throughout her career and through supporting her during her battle with the conservatorship. I think the OP serves as divisive rhetoric that is not helpful to anyone. For a celebrity who made their career, their fortune, their freedom on the backs of willing consumers to walk away immediately wouldn’t be a kind or thoughtful thing to do. No matter who it was. She can do that and that’s her right but it wouldn’t make it any less rude for lack of a better word. 

She must distinguish between punishing the industry and punishing indirectly the people who stuck by her through it all. Punishing the latter just doesn’t seem right. 

Either way I wish her the best. The OP fails to address the fact she has teased a new era with the Get Na*ed song and dance routine she posted with the caption “what’s to come” and that she’s explicitly mentioned a “break” not a permanent hiatus. So this thread is merely click bait really to stir things up. Imo. With all due respect to the author. 

• Love 2

Here’s an unpopular opinion:

Britney has nothing to prove to us. I agree with that much. But I do feel she has something to prove to herself as an artist. Now that she’s finally “able” to “control” her creative process, it would be a good time for her to show us who she is. Besides the pop princess who revolutionized music at an early age, the longest chapter of her career has been overcast by this whole ordeal. I might be wrong but I’m left wondering how much of her projects were “her” and how much of it was coerced upon her. As a fan, I will always love her but a part of me wants to know what a Britney project would look like today if she took the reins. Do I believe it will be lackluster? kinda. Will I still love it? Ya boy is still dancing to all things Glory on the regular.
She has already transcended the part where she needs to aim for sales and all those shenanigans that come with the industry. But go on now, show us what they’ve been “holding back” :)

• Love 2

Some of the replies in this thread is disgusting. Yes Britney has made millions from this "great" career of her's, but its also because of this career she was abused. Im personally not expecting her to come back. why would she? Would you? Most of you all leave ya'll jobs if you dont get enough break time. Just imagine after everything britney has been.......to return to the same job. Girl is OVER it & I dont blame her.  Take ALLLLLL the time you want, Brit!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, OutofKontrol said:

Some of the replies in this thread is disgusting. Yes Britney has made millions from this "great" career of her's, but its also because of this career she was abused. Im personally not expecting her to come back. why would she? Would you? Most of you all leave ya'll jobs if you dont get enough break time. Just imagine after everything britney has been.......to return to the same job. Girl is OVER it & I dont blame her.  Take ALLLLLL the time you want, Brit!

:mimiclap_mariah_clapping_applause_proud_yes_Yas:

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block