On 3/5/2022 at 9:29 AM, Rik said:

My country didn’t have a britney per say, but we had an anti-Britney of sorts, idk if you’ve ever heard of her overseas in the US? I’m not sure how big she got tbh…………..  but she had a song that did pretty well I guess

Are you trolling? Avril is a worldwide legend

On 3/6/2022 at 1:03 AM, HereIgoOnMyOwn said:

in my country (Portugal), I don't remember seeing an artist who imitates Britney, but I do remember seeing some influenced by the fashion that Britney helped to popularize, such as blonde hair, low-waisted jeans and belly button. But I remember a video clip of a duo called "Anjos" who continue to have success here today, which was totally inspired by the video for "Sometimes".

“Continue to have success here today”?

Ahahah onde? Não é no mesmo Portugal que o meu. 

On 3/4/2022 at 10:58 PM, Void said:

There were a lot of Britney clones in the early 00s

we all know Jessica Simpon, Willa Ford, Mandy Moore, Xtine etc but there were Britney clones in other countries too lmao

Here is when France tried to find their own Britney lmao

This girl was way ahead of her times. Look at her playing in the metaverse 20 years ahead of it’s time. 🤪

never heard of her tho. She’s copying Britney but face looks more like Mandy.

Btw, this a great topic and an idea for a Britney document on how she impacted the world. Everyone wanted to be her. And it would be a great idea to have all of these little wanna bees she influenced put in a nice documentary about the Britney Spears impact. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, limezd said:

This girl was way ahead of her times. Look at her playing in the metaverse 20 years ahead of it’s time. 🤪

never heard of her tho. She’s copying Britney but face looks more like Mandy.

There's also an interesting fact to know,  Britney's record label was JIVE Records back then

and Priscilla got discovered/signed by JIVE France 

You can really tell that JIVE tried the export the Britney Spears business model outside of america 

there were quite a few singers who tried to replicate this style in France at the time like Alizée and Jenifer too but Priscilla is an interesting case cause it's JIVE themselves that took care of her and they even organized a meeting with Britney to promote Priscilla's debut album, there's a video on YouTube

On 3/5/2022 at 5:01 PM, breathe0022 said:

Kalomoira referenced Britney a lot and she used some of Britneys antics but i think at the end she manged to create her own image and i know her as a hardcore Britney stan like myself :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

I totally agree with you but in her early days Heaven music tried really hard to market her as a Britney Copycat (I adore her)

On 3/16/2022 at 9:29 PM, amax said:

“Continue to have success here today”?

Ahahah onde? Não é no mesmo Portugal que o meu. 

Desculpa lá, mas os Anjos das bandas/cantores que surgiram nos finais dos anos 90/inicio dos anos 2000 são dos poucos que ainda se conseguem destacar hoje em dia. Basta procurares por musicas recentes deles no Youtube por exemplo, e vais reparar que já ouviste essas músicas, quanto muito que não seja como musica dos genéricos das novelas da SIC. No Natal, ouves sempre "nesta noite branca" em todo o lado a que vás em Portugal e essa musica tem mais de 20 anos. 

28 minutes ago, Chloe321 said:

I remember this song.  It was playing in the united states in late 90's  Wow haven't heard it since I was like 10 years old

Late 90s? The song is from 2003, although it got released in the US in 2004.

Listening to Bounce, it reminded me of Mary J Blige's Family Affair but apparently it samples that song?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block