11 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

Mandy aged the best out of the Britney/Christina/Jessica/Mandy girls, she’s so beautiful. I don’t think she should have apologized for her first two albums, a lot of people loved them, it was a different time, that’s what was in.

I think she apologised because she's made it clear that it wasn't really the type of music she wanted to do, she was a teenager at the time so didn't have much creative control. Her recent albums have been independent releases. Still though, I really like teen pop Mandy. Well, I haven't heard her first two albums but I think those are the ones I'd like the most based off the singles. 

Mandy is a great actress too, and I'm glad she's been able to find success through that field (as music-wise she didn't have very many hits) :) 

It's crazy how none of these broads actually hold a candle to Britney. All of them are trash(y).

Even the over***ualizing of Britney was way more put together and professional. Not just a blonde broad swinging her tracks around doing goofy dance moves in some cheap *** sneakers :| These labels should be ashamed. /endkaren

11 minutes ago, Malaysia said:

It's crazy how none of these broads actually hold a candle to Britney.

It was always a matter of hubris and a slight towards Britney that they thought her success was completely manufactured. But this pop graveyard shows there's an authenticity to her that can't be replicated.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, HereIgoOnMyOwn said:

in my country (Portugal), I don't remember seeing an artist who imitates Britney, but I do remember seeing some influenced by the fashion that Britney helped to popularize, such as blonde hair, low-waisted jeans and belly button. But I remember a video clip of a duo called "Anjos" who continue to have success here today, which was totally inspired by the video for "Sometimes".

How can you not associate Ruth Marlene To Britney? :)

And we got Ana Malhoa that covered gimme more:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jaime Jean said:

Naw she believes she’s Carrie Underwood...the only thing Carrie Underwood about her is her stuck up awful attitude

I knew a girl who would probably be Jamie Lynn’s bestie. :ugh_britney_disgust_gross_ew: Her name was Charlotte and she harassed me all the time (And made mean jokes about Britney) but anyway this has nothing to do with the thread :pieceofwhat_britney_awkward:

On 3/5/2022 at 4:58 AM, Void said:

There were a lot of Britney clones in the early 00s

we all know Jessica Simpon, Willa Ford, Mandy Moore, Xtine etc but there were Britney clones in other countries too lmao

Here is when France tried to find their own Britney lmao

This was my childhood. Especially Lorie and Alizeée.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, warioaddams said:

Danna Paola from México reminds me of Britney.

LOL Mexico had their Britney copycat back in the day. Her name was "Gloria Aura" and the copy was just shameless. I remember it was hilarious to see her in interviews talking about how much she was NOT Britney but like.......GURL :plzexplain_britney_karaoke_carpool_confused_oh_okay_hmm_nod_eyebrows_raised:

She was so cringe, the singing was atrocious and the songs even worse

https://vlex.com.mx/vid/ooops-britney-mexicana-358776182

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, Jaime Jean said:

Yes, in the song I linked...she goes “thought I was making music but I was only filling seats” I love this introspective look back on her career. I understand she didn’t have creative control to do what she wanted and she was young. I don’t think she should be so hard on herself though, I think those comments about her first two albums were made before the song “fifteen” so I think with that song she’s made peace with hear”road” and it’s all apart of her. I love teen pop Mandy too, but really enjoyed this last album it was mature, soft and highlighted her song writing talent.

Yeah I see! I agree she shouldn’t be so hard on the music, as long as the fans like it then it doesn’t matter. I don’t think I’ll like her newer stuff though. 

On 3/5/2022 at 1:39 AM, Jaime Jean said:

I often wonder if this video inspired Britney with I love R&R also Darkchild remix and just to s** up her image more in general, Willa was like ITZ Britney in 2001 also was doing the urban hip pop thing before Brit all the way back in 2001. 
Time-wise it would make sense. No pop star on the scene was as overtly ***ual as Willa then.

anyways, this is a bop:bparty_piece_of_me_pom_britney_clubbing_blackout_2007_dancing_dance:

This has and always will be a bop! She’s iconic! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block