Was Britney Railroaded into Rehab? : A Research Thread

12 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

@RebellionSparkles @Steel Magnolia @Tar_isa

Do you know anything about this guy, John Nazarian?  He was apparently interviewed for the Netflix doc because he was hired by "Britney's legal team" in 2007. He's been blogging for a while at his personal site, desperateexes.com 🙄.

There are three entries that are kind of interesting:

https://desperateexes.com/2008/03/10/britneys-legal-tab-runneth-over/

"On the other hand, no one could have ever guessed that a court-appointed conservator was coming! Brit’s first lawyer Wasser was billing $159,000.00 and then Trope and Trope billed $650,000.00…and god knows what the security detail is billing…anyway, these were the approximate numbers that were being thrown around that the Britster had already paid! When there was, of course, NO CONSERVATOR! Yeah for these guys! It was mentioned that Trope and Trope was showing up with three lawyers! Yes! Money, Money, Money, billable hours!"

https://desperateexes.com/2012/10/29/let-there-be-no-threat-to-the-conservatorship-can-sam-lutfi-prove-the-defamation-claims/

"This is also a classic case of what is it, 10 or 12 lawyers representing the conservatorship? Britney Spears is paying for all of these lawyers and Lynne Spears and Jamie Spears lawyers too. There is NO WAY IN HELL this is ever going to stop, too many folks be getting rich, lawyers and moms and dads. Check out this thought, if it had been left to Sam Lutfi, none of these people would be getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars….DO YA THINK? This has been one hell of a financial landslide for many and the 5 year anniversary is coming up on February 1, 2013….I remember it like it was yesterday. (I was to be brought in to handle many of the issues that would eventually cause this whole thing to slide into never never land…but I think I got ‘side busted’ by one of the lawyers at Trope and Trope. Not a question that with my knowledge and staffing we could have got this under control. Lutfi knew what he needed to do and do to what I think was bad lawyering got SLAMMED. I know the lawyer and I am good with it, Trope and Trope also had a short life span on this case and some feel that it was Anne Kiley that may have not realized ‘THE’ light at the end of the tunnel was a Locomotive. That is the rumor in the jungle)."

https://desperateexes.com/2012/11/02/sam-lutfi-good-guy-screwed-britney-spears-and-parents-walk-money-talks/

"For me it seems like poor lawyering and again this is my opinion. First, Sam finds Anne Kiley, Esquire (I am guessing) who it would appear is asleep at the wheel and Miss Spears ended up dropped kick into a conservatorship. Now that took some great lawyering! Then Sam hires his legal team for this event and he gets dropped kicked right out of Judge Goetz’s courtroom! Ooops, I meant to say Judge Bruguerra’s (over 20 years on the bench) courtroom."

I checked my emails...

Carmela Kelly wrote to me about him back in 2012:

"...Anyway, he's on Fink's list of those to be deposed re non-payment to Courtney.  Low and short a quick search reveals Nazarian has ties back to Trope and Trope and he is obviously pro-Lutfi.  Nazarian thanks Sorrell Trope as some sort of special friend or mentor. Let's think back to something you haven't thought of.  A **** ring.  Center of the hub?  Maybe attorneys... I don't know. Far fetched.  Possible though.  Anna Nicole Simpson, Britney, Courtney.  "Talk to my friend over here....." ....  who and in which darkened corner?  Am I being too dramatic?  Maybe.  Add ***** to your money-chase trail.  Maybe you were there years ago ... but you just never said. 

Then Nov. 2nd Nazarian or some guest "staff writer" writes:

http://desperateexes.com/2012/11/02/sam-lutfi-good-guy-screwed-britney-spears-and-parents-walk-money-talks/

I checked Nazarian's credentials. Ugh. He reminds me of Herzog but at least Nazarian has some licenses .... but not his gun permit anymore.  So here we go again ... cross over.  Courtney, Britney, Sam. 

BUREAU OF SECURITY AND INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES

Licensee Name:NAZARIAN AND ASSOCIATES

License Type:Private Investigator

License Number:16365

License Status:CLEAR Definition

Expiration Date:January 31, 2013

Issue Date:June 25, 1993

City:BEVERLY HILLS

County:LOS ANGELES

Actions:No

Business Owners

No records returned

Qualified Managers and Principals

MANAGER/PRESIDENT NAZARIAN JOHN

Related Licenses/Registrations/Permits

NumberNameTypeStatusActions

239967NAZARIAN JOHN JAMESFirearm PermitCANCELLEDNo

4610NAZARIAN AND ASSOCIATESPrivate Investigator - BranchCANCELLEDNo

5302NAZARIAN AND ASSOCIATESPrivate Investigator - BranchCANCELLEDNo

Disciplinary Actions

No information available from this agency

Public Record Action(s)"

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Ghoulia said:

@RebellionSparkles @Steel Magnolia @Tar_isa

Do you know anything about this guy, John Nazarian?  He was apparently interviewed for the Netflix doc because he was hired by "Britney's legal team" in 2007. He's been blogging for a while at his personal site, desperateexes.com 🙄.

There are three entries that are kind of interesting:

https://desperateexes.com/2008/03/10/britneys-legal-tab-runneth-over/

"On the other hand, no one could have ever guessed that a court-appointed conservator was coming! Brit’s first lawyer Wasser was billing $159,000.00 and then Trope and Trope billed $650,000.00…and god knows what the security detail is billing…anyway, these were the approximate numbers that were being thrown around that the Britster had already paid! When there was, of course, NO CONSERVATOR! Yeah for these guys! It was mentioned that Trope and Trope was showing up with three lawyers! Yes! Money, Money, Money, billable hours!"

https://desperateexes.com/2012/10/29/let-there-be-no-threat-to-the-conservatorship-can-sam-lutfi-prove-the-defamation-claims/

"This is also a classic case of what is it, 10 or 12 lawyers representing the conservatorship? Britney Spears is paying for all of these lawyers and Lynne Spears and Jamie Spears lawyers too. There is NO WAY IN HELL this is ever going to stop, too many folks be getting rich, lawyers and moms and dads. Check out this thought, if it had been left to Sam Lutfi, none of these people would be getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars….DO YA THINK? This has been one hell of a financial landslide for many and the 5 year anniversary is coming up on February 1, 2013….I remember it like it was yesterday. (I was to be brought in to handle many of the issues that would eventually cause this whole thing to slide into never never land…but I think I got ‘side busted’ by one of the lawyers at Trope and Trope. Not a question that with my knowledge and staffing we could have got this under control. Lutfi knew what he needed to do and do to what I think was bad lawyering got SLAMMED. I know the lawyer and I am good with it, Trope and Trope also had a short life span on this case and some feel that it was Anne Kiley that may have not realized ‘THE’ light at the end of the tunnel was a Locomotive. That is the rumor in the jungle)."

https://desperateexes.com/2012/11/02/sam-lutfi-good-guy-screwed-britney-spears-and-parents-walk-money-talks/

"For me it seems like poor lawyering and again this is my opinion. First, Sam finds Anne Kiley, Esquire (I am guessing) who it would appear is asleep at the wheel and Miss Spears ended up dropped kick into a conservatorship. Now that took some great lawyering! Then Sam hires his legal team for this event and he gets dropped kicked right out of Judge Goetz’s courtroom! Ooops, I meant to say Judge Bruguerra’s (over 20 years on the bench) courtroom."

Ohhh wow!!! This is great info! I’m really excited to read that blog. I ran across this person’s name briefly when I was reading about the “Hollywood fixer” and private investigator hybrid business model.but I didn’t dive deeper—I’m glad you did 🤗
It sounds like Nazarian is one of the more respected private investigators and has an interesting perspective on B’s case. This must have been the person who blessed us with the intel “kfed returned $15k of clothing, gifts from Brit, and was trying to sell the store credit for cash.” 😆 This means Nazarian is a fellow super sleuth! ❤️

@Steel Magnolia it sounds like Nazarian was the PI for Wasser or B’s second divorce attorney, who’s name is escaping me right now. If that is true then it seems more likely that Lutfi was working for one of the opposing sides…MVK?

• Love 2
  • Like 2
34 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I checked my emails...

Carmela Kelly wrote to me about him back in 2012:

"...Anyway, he's on Fink's list of those to be deposed re non-payment to Courtney.  Low and short a quick search reveals Nazarian has ties back to Trope and Trope and he is obviously pro-Lutfi.  Nazarian thanks Sorrell Trope as some sort of special friend or mentor. Let's think back to something you haven't thought of.  A **** ring.  Center of the hub?  Maybe attorneys... I don't know. Far fetched.  Possible though.  Anna Nicole Simpson, Britney, Courtney.  "Talk to my friend over here....." ....  who and in which darkened corner?  Am I being too dramatic?  Maybe.  Add ***** to your money-chase trail.  Maybe you were there years ago ... but you just never said. 

Then Nov. 2nd Nazarian or some guest "staff writer" writes:

http://desperateexes.com/2012/11/02/sam-lutfi-good-guy-screwed-britney-spears-and-parents-walk-money-talks/

I checked Nazarian's credentials. Ugh. He reminds me of Herzog but at least Nazarian has some licenses .... but not his gun permit anymore.  So here we go again ... cross over.  Courtney, Britney, Sam. 

BUREAU OF SECURITY AND INVESTIGATIVE SERVICES

Licensee Name:NAZARIAN AND ASSOCIATES

License Type:Private Investigator

License Number:16365

License Status:CLEAR Definition

Expiration Date:January 31, 2013

Issue Date:June 25, 1993

City:BEVERLY HILLS

County:LOS ANGELES

Actions:No

Business Owners

No records returned

Qualified Managers and Principals

MANAGER/PRESIDENT NAZARIAN JOHN

Related Licenses/Registrations/Permits

NumberNameTypeStatusActions

239967NAZARIAN JOHN JAMESFirearm PermitCANCELLEDNo

4610NAZARIAN AND ASSOCIATESPrivate Investigator - BranchCANCELLEDNo

5302NAZARIAN AND ASSOCIATESPrivate Investigator - BranchCANCELLEDNo

Disciplinary Actions

No information available from this agency

Public Record Action(s)"

Wow y’all were years ahead of your time.

• Like 1

@Ghoulia @Steel Magnolia @Tar_isa

This guy is pro Lutfi in a colleague type sense.

Sam Lutfi had a hill to climb especially when you are talking about, ‘ADDERALL‘, LMAO, “IT KEEPS YOU THIN BABY“. This crap was never in Sam Lutfi’s bags of tricks, now for ‘others’, hmmmm, maybe, “baby“.”

Now here is an area I am concerned with, Judge Bruguerra made it very clear not once but twice that her honor is friends with Reva Goetz, Dept. 9 and the judge that is handling the conservatorship of ALL things Britney Spears. Whose idea was it to let this judge sit and judge this suit? And was that maybe the source of someone mumblings, ‘I have this judge in my back pocket?’…..Hmmmmm said the little mouse? It is a little disturbing at the rate that Judge Bruguerra is ‘objecting’ before that gauntlet of lawyers protecting conservatorship has a chance to object…..and why is it so difficult for Sam Lutfi to get a word in edge wise???? Anyone else find this odd or a little strange?”

• Love 2

More from Nazarian blog:

”This is also a classic case of what is it, 10 or 12 lawyers representing the conservatorship? Britney Spears is paying for all of these lawyers and Lynne Spears and Jamie Spears lawyers too. There is NO WAY IN HELL this is ever going to stop, too many folks be getting rich, lawyers and moms and dads.”

”This has been one hell of a financial landslide for many and the 5 year anniversary is coming up on February 1, 2013….I remember it like it was yesterday. (I was to be brought in to handle many of the issues that would eventually cause this whole thing to slide into never never land…but I think I got ‘side busted’ by one of the lawyers at Trope and Trope. Not a question that with my knowledge and staffing we could have got this under control. Lutfi knew what he needed to do and do to what I think was bad lawyering got SLAMMED.”

YUP!

this gels re: Sam Ingham

” Britney Spears lawyer, Sam Ingham has had some nice pay increases. Sure, at one point making about $45,000.00 a month and since 2009 in the area of $60 to $65,000.00. Is that really possible…..that is again in the rumor mill, I have not been able to verify it but you see, no one wants to stop helping this poor girl.“

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RebellionSparkles said:

More from Nazarian blog:

”This is also a classic case of what is it, 10 or 12 lawyers representing the conservatorship? Britney Spears is paying for all of these lawyers and Lynne Spears and Jamie Spears lawyers too. There is NO WAY IN HELL this is ever going to stop, too many folks be getting rich, lawyers and moms and dads.”

”This has been one hell of a financial landslide for many and the 5 year anniversary is coming up on February 1, 2013….I remember it like it was yesterday. (I was to be brought in to handle many of the issues that would eventually cause this whole thing to slide into never never land…but I think I got ‘side busted’ by one of the lawyers at Trope and Trope. Not a question that with my knowledge and staffing we could have got this under control. Lutfi knew what he needed to do and do to what I think was bad lawyering got SLAMMED.”

Is it fair to say that Nazarian was likely hired by Trope and Trope?

(Sorrell Trope, Tara Scott and Lori Howe)

Edited by Steel Magnolia
  • Love 2
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Yes!  Check this out: https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-2006-jun-13-et-nazarian13-story.html

"He is the only investigator used by 79-year-old attorney Sorrell Trope -- often referred to as the dean of L.A. divorce lawyers."

I've just entered Britney's various custody lawyers into the Chronological Timeline, and this jives.

This explains why the Netflix gang interviewed Lutfi...In addition to Jenny Eliscu, they have Nazarian vouching for him as well.

Notice that Lutfi didn't appear in the NY Times docs? 

I wonder if that in any way hints at how they may feel about him?

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I've just entered Britney's various custody lawyers into the Chronological Timeline, and this jives.

This explains why the Netflix gang interviewed Lutfi...In addition to Jenny Eliscu, they have Nazarian vouching for him as well.

Notice that Lutfi didn't appear in the NY Times docs? 

I wonder if that in any way hints at how they may feel about him?

I did notice that, and he is painted as a villain (not saying he isn't, but I just went back and read the transcript/watched the part with him, and it's archival footage from back in the day, paired with "Sam Lutfi just sort of came out of nowhere....He’s one of these self‐invented guru types who is constantly attaching himself to celebrities, often at vulnerable moments for them... Sam was her sort of advisor, trying to be her manager... So Sam Lutfi was basically, you know, seen by her parents as the architect of a lot of Britney’s downfall... They file for a restraining order against Sam Lutfi. They allege in court documents that Lutfi had taken control of Britney’s life, her house, and her finances, and even had been drugging her...Lutfi denies the allegations... But the court grants a restraining order... But Lutfi never seems to really exit the picture.")

Was Lutfi interviewed for the NYT docs?  I assumed I'd be able to find an answer to this question quickly and easily but it's proving more challenging than I expected.  He has commented on Liz Day and Samantha Stark's tweets, but all I can find other than that is a quick mention that he declined an invitation to appear on camera.  https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a35472804/did-britney-spears-know-about-framing-britney-documentary/ "The Times also tried to get commentary from the following people in Britney's life but their representatives allegedly didn't respond and/or declined requests to be interviewed on camera:...Sam Lutfi."

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Ghoulia said:

Was Lutfi interviewed for the NYT docs?  I assumed I'd be able to find an answer to this question quickly and easily but it's proving more challenging than I expected.  He has commented on Liz Day and Samantha Stark's tweets, but all I can find other than that is a quick mention that he declined an invitation to appear on camera.  https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/life/entertainment/a35472804/did-britney-spears-know-about-framing-britney-documentary/ "The Times also tried to get commentary from the following people in Britney's life but their representatives allegedly didn't respond and/or declined requests to be interviewed on camera:...Sam Lutfi."

"Since Britney has such a tight circle around her, in part because of the conservatorship — or it's allowed to be that way because of the conservatorship — journalists haven't really been able to interview her freely. We, as The New York Times, haven't interviewed her, because we want to be able to do it freely with no one trying to adjust what she says or anything," Samantha explained. "It just feels like you can't ask Britney."

By the wording of this response, do you think they could have been given the oportunity to talk to her with the usual conditions (pre-approved questions, rehearsed answers, team con present in the interview ready to shut it down...) and they refused?

• Love 3

4 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

It's not entirely fair to say "smart enough" because Wasser's strategy was to show the court Brit's immense earnings power. most of the publicity about B's "partying" was during paid gigs. She got $400k for being at that club on New Years 2007 in Vegas-->thats almost the same as performing for a night in Vegas.

I'm sure kevin was partying the same amount, but his partying was private without constant publicity.

Wasser made a huge mistake. She chose a lazy strategy and vastlllyy underestimated the misogyny surrounding Britney.

I moved this comment over to this thread @RebellionSparkles because it fits so well.

What do you think of Susan Bassi's theory about Laura Wasser and JAMS?

She thinks Wasser was working with Kaplan, in a court system designed to keep things private so that they could purposely throw the case.

She's also picked up on the fact that Jamie Spears moved the 2019 RO against Lutfi over to JAMS as well.

Key date:

Aug. 3, 2018 - During an ex parte hearing in family court, Britney's private visitation deal with Kevin is modified from 50/50 to 70/30. It is not formalized by the probate court until August 28, 2019. Britney is represented in the hearing by Laura Wasser.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I moved this comment over to this thread @RebellionSparkles because it fits so well.

What do you think of Susan Bassi's theory about Laura Wasser and JAMS?

She thinks Wasser was working with Kaplan, in a court system designed to keep things private so that they could purposely throw the case.

She's also picked up on the fact that Jamie Spears moved the 2019 RO against Lutfi over to JAMS as well.

I don’t think I believe Bassi’s theory. Why would a lawyer ever want to throw a case? Especially this one that should have been so cut and dry. I would believe that Wasser wanted to bring it to private judging once it became obvious she was losing…it’s embarrassing to lose a case this big.

On 2/27/2022 at 7:56 PM, RebellionSparkles said:

I mean…they aren’t actually going to be disbarred because this IS the system and they are above the law…it’s more of a race to the bottom…who can point fingers at whom fastest.

Laura Wasser might be the first ally for the B movement, if she were willing to point fingers at the more nefarious players in the LA legal system that caused B’s conservatorship.

B’s divorce case and Wasser’s strategy was a catastrophic failure—a consensus opinion…it’s only a matter of time before this begins to impact Wasser’s reputation in LA. More scrutiny will be on her as the Kimye divorce proceeds, Britney tells her story, and the investigative journalists looking into Cali family family court uncover more info.

If Laura Wasser is paying attention at all to the multiple channels and movements that are exposing the LA family court system—the thousands of people they have harmed— she’ll make a proactive move to throw other lawyers/players under the bus in order to protect her reputation. Scott Gordon, Reva Goetz, Sam Ingham, the entire Cali probate system, Jamie and Lynne Spears are the easiest targets.

It seems she was lazy with this case because it was supposed to be open and shut. MVK is the equivalent of Johnny Cochran and R. kardashian with the OJ case. 

Always had the facts! You should be a lawyer bestie!

• Love 1
57 minutes ago, RebellionSparkles said:

I don’t think I believe Bassi’s theory. Why would a lawyer ever want to throw a case? Especially this one that should have been so cut and dry. I would believe that Wasser wanted to bring it to private judging once it became obvious she was losing…it’s embarrassing to lose a case this big.

In a custody case, is there ever one big payout for the attorney or is the money made via continual motions being filed and details being hammered out? I’m wondering if it matters all that much if Wasser or Kaplan “win” or “lose” since it’s a contentious custody battle and the clients are providing plenty of opportunities for billable hours no matter whether they get the results they wanted or not. Perhaps Wasser and the other bigwig celebrity divorce attorneys move their cases to JAMS because they know it ensures a consistent stream of “work” versus pushing a case along through the traditional court. 

• Like 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block