Was Britney Railroaded into Rehab? : A Research Thread

9 hours ago, RebellionSparkles said:

By late 2001, the Taylors had arrived in Brentwood, Tenn. Mr. Taylor started a chapter of Calvary Chapel, an independent network of churches. He was the pastor; she was the “ladies ministry leader” and joined the board.

Ms. Taylor also incorporated Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group. “I wanted to create a business management firm that would service athletes and artists and make a difference by upholding morality and integrity,” she later said on a podcast.

In 2002, Ms. Taylor co-founded Stonebridge. Her business partner was Mitchell S. Martin, who had been chief financial officer for the televangelist Inspirational Network and a finance manager at Motorola."

Hmmmm.

This tells me the connection is not likely to be Dan Dymtrow and/or Vivek Gupta...Lou had departed Boca Raton by late 2001, and Dan didn't become Britney's manager until January of 2005.

That is, unless Dan or Vivek had a solid connection to Lou...Are either of them Christians who may have run in the same Boca Raton church circles?

Do we have a full list of Lou's early clients after landing in Brentwood, Tennessee?

Perhaps a Nickelodeon executive or one of JL's co-stars on "All That" or "Zoey 101" or was the connection?

For instance...

"Paul was raised alongside his brother Mark in Los Angeles, by their parents Paul Sr. and Jacqueline Butcher; his father is a former American Football player, who competed in the National Football League (NFL) for 11 seasons, spending his time playing for the Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts and Los Angeles Rams."

https://biographypost.org/what-is-paul-butcher-zoey-101-doing-now-age-net-worth-gay/

February 28, 2002...That fits.

Name:TRI STAR SPORTS AND ENTERTAINMENT GROUP, INC.
Principal Office:11 MUSIC CIR S
NASHVILLE, TN 37203-4312 USA 
Initial Filing Date:02/28/2002

https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingDetail.aspx?CN=215170192061227084081064229139164036062224192196

Key Dates:

Sept. 21, 2002 - Jamie Lynn Spears makes her debut in the Season 8 premiere of Nickelodeon's scripted series "All That."

Aug. 29, 2002 - Tri-Star Sports and Entertainment Group, Inc., a Florida corporation, undergoes an Article of Amendment. Director Louise M. Taylor is removed and replaced with Director/President Shawne Blair, and the name is changed to Tri-Star Management Group, Inc.

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Hmmmm.

This tells me the connection is not likely to be Dan Dymtrow and/or Vivek Gupta...Lou had departed Boca Raton by late 2001, and Dan didn't become Britney's manager until January of 2005.

That is, unless Dan or Vivek had a solid connection to Lou...Are either of them Christians who may have run in the same Boca Raton church circles?

Dan’s mom is quite active in the church but I don’t have anything to show that she attended Lou’s Christian chamber of commerce.

https://www.brrh.com/Newsroom/2014/October/Boca-Raton-Regional-Hospital-Staff-Member-Earns-.aspx

39 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Do we have a full list of Lou's early clients after landing in Brentwood, Tennessee?

Perhaps a Nickelodeon executive or one of JL's co-stars on "All That" or "Zoey 101" or was the connection?

For instance...

"Paul was raised alongside his brother Mark in Los Angeles, by their parents Paul Sr. and Jacqueline Butcher; his father is a former American Football player, who competed in the National Football League (NFL) for 11 seasons, spending his time playing for the Detroit Lions, Indianapolis Colts and Los Angeles Rams."

https://biographypost.org/what-is-paul-butcher-zoey-101-doing-now-age-net-worth-gay/

Good call. I will look into that. First pass over it got me to Victoria Justice -https://www.justjared.com/2009/11/20/victoria-justice-larry-rudolph/

Can anyone get Adobe Flash Player to work in their browser?

Key Date:

Nov. 27, 2002 - Around this time, Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group, based in Brentwood, Tennessee, launches a new website at https://www.tristarse.com.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20021127163840/https://www.tristarse.com/

EDIT:

The "Flash Player Emulator 2022" extension will allow it to play somewhat in Chrome.

By 2007, there are tabs for "Client List," "Client Profiles," and "Staff," but I can't get the body of the site to play. Ugh.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Can anyone get Adobe Flash Player to work in their browser?

Key Date:

Nov. 27, 2002 - Around this time, Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group, based in Brentwood, Tennessee, launches a new website at https://www.tristarse.com.

Source: https://web.archive.org/web/20021127163840/https://www.tristarse.com/

EDIT:

The "Flash Player Emulator 2022" extension will allow it to play somewhat in Chrome.

By 2007, there are tabs for "Client List," "Client Profiles," and "Staff," but I can't get the body of the site to play. Ugh.

I took some screenshots of the whole site before Flash was discontinued. I'll try to find them

But iirc there wasn't much info in the Clients List. I think there was nothing actually

Edit: this was everything that worked on the site https://ibb.co/album/chKY0Z

The Client List tab wouldn't even work, that's why I didn't take a screenshot

• Like 1

I'm a spiritual person, but not a religious person...So I'd never thought about it...

But I bet Lynne Spears sat around on the sets of "All That" and "Zoey 101" seeking out other Christians to talk to.

Who on the cast and crew might be Christian?

JL was on "All That" from September 2002 onwards, and started filming "Zoey 101" in August of 2003.

For all we know, Lynne glommed on to Lou because she styled herself as a "Christian Life Coach," not because Lynne needed Lou to manage JL's money or career...Britney had been getting unruly, e.g. marrying Jason Alexander, cancelling the Onyx Hotel tour, putting her money in the SJB Revocable Trust where the rest of the family were not beneficiaries, and firing Larry.

Maybe she felt she needed Lou's guidance?

EDIT: I bet it was one of the musical performers who introduced them:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111875/fullcredits/

Key Dates:

Feb. 28, 2002 - Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group, Inc., is registered in Tennessee. It is originally located at 215 Ward Circle #200, Brentwood, TN 37027.

Sept. 21, 2002 - Jamie Lynn Spears makes her debut in the Season 8 premiere of Nickelodeon's scripted series "All That."

Nov. 27, 2002 - Around this time, Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group, Inc., based in Brentwood, Tennessee, launches a new website at https://www.tristarse.com.

Late 2003 - During Season 9 of Nickelodeon's series "All That," network executives begin exploring a spin-off series to be built around Jamie Lynn Spears.

Feb. 2, 2004 - By this date, donations to the Britney Spears Foundation are being mailed to the same address as the former law firm of Rudolph & Beer, LLP, and the newly formed ReignDeer Entertainment, LLC, at 432 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10016.

June 16, 2004 - Britney cancels the US leg of the Onyx Hotel tour after suffering a knee injury on the set of the "Outrageous" music video. The 35 dates are set to be rescheduled following four months of rest after her arthroscopic surgery.

July 26, 2004 - Britney's estimated $100-million fortune is placed into the SJB Revocable Trust. Britney is the sole Trustee. The Trust includes all of Britney's corporations: BBS Entertainment Inc., Britney Brands, Inc., Britney Films, Inc., Britney On-Line, Inc., Britney Television, LLC, One More Time Music, Inc., Parklane Productions, LLC, Coastal Operatives, LLC, B & L Music, Inc., Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (California), Bridgemore Timber, LLC, Vista Peace Productions, LLC, Britney Touring, Inc. (the "Entities"), and Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (Delaware). The Trust also includes all of Britney's  stocks and securities, cash and cash equivalents such as bank and savings accounts, and personal items such as jewelry, vehicles, and clothing. 

July 26, 2004 - The Love Shack Trust is established to enable Britney to purchase real estate.

Aug. 2004 - Jamie Lynn Spears signs a development deal with Nickelodeon in which she would star as the protagonist in her own scripted television series that would air on the network. Filming for "Zoey 101" begins on the campus of Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, with Paul Butcher cast to play opposite Jamie Lynn's character.

Aug. 21, 2004 - James P. Spears is released from a rehab facility in Malibu after being treated for alcohol addiction.

Sept. 18, 2004 - Britney marries backup dancer Kevin Federline in a surprise ceremony touted as an "engagement party." 

Oct. 6, 2004 - Britney fires manager Larry Rudolph.

Oct. 6, 2004 - Britney legally marries Kevin Federline after both parties hash out a pre-nuptial agreement.

5 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I'm a spiritual person, but not a religious person...So I'd never thought about it...

But I bet Lynne Spears sat around on the sets of "All That" and "Zoey 101" seeking out other Christians to talk to.

Who on the cast and crew might be Christian?

JL was on "All That" from September 2002 onwards, and started filming "Zoey 101" in August of 2003.

For all we know, Lynne glommed on to Lou because she styled herself as a "Christian Life Coach," not because Lynne needed Lou to manage JL's money or career...Britney had been getting unruly, e.g. marrying Jason Alexander, cancelling the Onyx Hotel tour, putting her money in the SJB Revocable Trust where the rest of the family were not beneficiaries, and firing Larry.

Maybe she felt she needed Lou's guidance?

Since you're listing things that were happening in her life and could have made her vulnerable and in seek of spiritual guidance, I'll add she also had just divorced Jamie in 2002. Consideing she got the divorce in part because of Britney, and the weird dynamics between Jamie and Lynne that still go on today...I don't think the time after the divorce was easy for her. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tar_isa said:

Since you're listing things that were happening in her life and could have made her vulnerable and in seek of spiritual guidance, I'll add she also had just divorced Jamie in 2002. Consideing she got the divorce in part because of Britney, and the weird dynamics between Jamie and Lynne that still go on today...I don't think the time after the divorce was easy for her. 

Or Lynne's alleged pill issue as well

• Like 2

This also explains the two "factions" that existed heading into Britney's rehab stays in February 2007.

Perhaps it was a race to see which of the two Spears parents could get hold of Britney's money before the other one could?

25 minutes ago, Applejack said:

Or Lynne's alleged pill issue as well

Perhaps it was Lou who reached out to Lynne after reading the daily gossip blogs?

News of the divorce was all over the Internet...And I'm sure Lou could smell easy prey.

We know James was shipped off to rehab with the help of Betty Wyman in the summer of 2004...Bryan was also sent to rehab with Betty's help at some point as well.

Britney was busy creating the SJB Revocable Trust to protect her money...Lynne had JL's paycheques coming in.

So who received the donations, addressed to "Jamie and Lynn Spears," that were meant for the Foundation?

Key Dates:

Feb. 28, 2002 - Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group, Inc., is registered in Tennessee. It is originally located at 215 Ward Circle #200, Brentwood, TN 37027.

May 23, 2002 - Gossip blogs report that Britney's parents, James and Lynne Spears, have separated and that Lynne is asking for a divorce.

Nov. 27, 2002 - Around this time, Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group, Inc., based in Brentwood, Tennessee, launches a new website at https://www.tristarse.com.

Dec. 2, 2002 - Britney Spears turns 21, which is the Uniform Transfers to Minors Act (UMTA) age of majority in the states of Florida and New York. Money deposited into a UTMA account typically can't be withdrawn except by the child at the appropriate age. A UTMA custodian may be able to use some custodial assets for the "use and benefit of the minor."

Feb. 28, 2003 - The Britney Spears Foundation Camp for the Performing Arts, LLC is incorporated as a not-for-profit organization and a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Britney Spears Foundation to provide opportunities for underprivileged children. The LLC enters into an agreement with a third party to administer and operate the Camp during 2003. 

Late 2003 - During Season 9 of Nickelodeon's series "All That," network executives begin exploring a spin-off series to be built around Jamie Lynn Spears.

Feb. 2, 2004 - By this date, donations to the Britney Spears Foundation are being mailed to the same address as the former law firm of Rudolph & Beer, LLP, and the newly formed ReignDeer Entertainment, LLC, at 432 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10016.

July 26, 2004 - Britney's estimated $100-million fortune is placed into the SJB Revocable Trust. Britney is the sole Trustee. The Trust includes all of Britney's corporations: BBS Entertainment Inc., Britney Brands, Inc., Britney Films, Inc., Britney On-Line, Inc., Britney Television, LLC, One More Time Music, Inc., Parklane Productions, LLC, Coastal Operatives, LLC, B & L Music, Inc., Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (California), Bridgemore Timber, LLC, Vista Peace Productions, LLC, Britney Touring, Inc. (the "Entities"), and Fairy Zone Productions, Inc. (Delaware). The Trust also includes all of Britney's  stocks and securities, cash and cash equivalents such as bank and savings accounts, and personal items such as jewelry, vehicles, and clothing. 

Aug. 2004 - Jamie Lynn Spears signs a development deal with Nickelodeon in which she would star as the protagonist in her own scripted television series that would air on the network. Filming for "Zoey 101" begins on the campus of Pepperdine University in Malibu, California, with Paul Butcher cast to play opposite Jamie Lynn's character.

Aug. 21, 2004 - James P. Spears is released from a rehab facility in Malibu after being treated for alcohol addiction.

Jan. 18, 2005 - James P. Spears changes the name of his company "Develop & Design Build, Inc." to "Spears Management, Inc." James is the President and sole shareholder. The documents are signed in Venice, California.

Mar. 28, 2005 - The mailing address for donations to the Britney Spears Foundation changes from that of ReignDeer Entertainment, LLC, located at 432 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10016, to the address of 24-32 Union Square East, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003. This address is shared by Do Something!, Inc., a non-profit aimed at motivating young people to make positive change.

May 2005 - The second season of "Zoey 101" starring Jamie Lynn Spears begins filming on the campus of Pepperdine University in Malibu, California.

June 7, 2006 - US Weekly reports that Britney's family has hired a Christian life coach to assist in her decision to file for divorce from Kevin Federline.

Aug. 5, 2006 - By now Lou M. Taylor, President of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group is representing Jamie Lynn Spears. According to Taylor's bio, "I focus on making a difference in our business by operating a life management model that includes a cohesive working relationship with each member of a client’s team to ensure maximum professional support and counsel."

Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice. Simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius. Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature? What does he do, this man you seek?

Clarice Starling: He kills women…

Hannibal Lecter: No. That is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does? What needs does he serve by killing?

Clarice Starling: Anger, um, social acceptance, and, huh, ***ual frustrations, sir…

Hannibal Lecter: No! He covets. That is his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer now.

Clarice Starling: No. We just…

Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day. Don’t you feel eyes moving over your body, Clarice? And don’t your eyes seek out the things you want?

Bills.

When you're unemployed or going through rough times, paying bills becomes the one thought that begins to take up every moment of your daily life.

James lived in the family home in Kentwood, correct? Yet he was sent to rehab in Malibu with the help of Betty Wyman.

When did Bryan go to rehab? And where? Was he living in Apt. 803 in New York City? Or was it in California? When did he move to an apartment in Malibu?

What did Bryan go to rehab for? Alcohol...Or gambling? Or was there some other addiction?

Lynne had "All That" and "Zoey 101" money coming in...But...

How did James and Bryan pay their daily bills?

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

We know James was shipped off to rehab with the help of Betty Wyman in the summer of 2004...Bryan was also sent to rehab with Betty's help at some point as well.

wait, so Betty ~treated~ Jamie, Bryan and Britney? Gonna guess she took a shot at Lynne as well?

55 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Bills.

When you're unemployed or going through rough times, paying bills becomes the one thought that begins to take up every moment of your daily life.

James lived in the family home in Kentwood, correct? Yet he was sent to rehab in Malibu with the help of Betty Wyman.

When did Bryan go to rehab? And where? Was he living in Apt. 803 in New York City? Or was it in California? When did he move in to an apartment in Malibu?

What did Bryan go to rehab for? Alcohol...Or gambling? Or was there some other addiction?

Lynne had "All That" and "Zoey 101" money coming in...But...

How did James and Bryan pay their daily bills?

Reading Jamie Lynn's book, she implies both Bryan and Britney were alcohol friendly tbh

15 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Jan. 18, 2005 - James P. Spears changes the name of his company "Develop & Design Build, Inc." to "Spears Management, Inc." James is the President and sole shareholder. The documents are signed in Venice, California.

Mar. 28, 2005 - The mailing address for donations to the Britney Spears Foundation changes from that of ReignDeer Entertainment, LLC, located at 432 Park Avenue South, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10016, to the address of 24-32 Union Square East, 4th Floor, New York, NY 10003. This address is shared by Do Something!, Inc., a non-profit aimed at motivating young people to make positive change.

May 2005 - The second season of "Zoey 101" starring Jamie Lynn Spears begins filming on the campus of Pepperdine University in Malibu, California.

June 7, 2006 - US Weekly reports that Britney's family has hired a Christian life coach to assist in her decision to file for divorce from Kevin Federline.

Aug. 5, 2006 - By now Lou M. Taylor, President of Tri Star Sports & Entertainment Group is representing Jamie Lynn Spears. According to Taylor's bio, "I focus on making a difference in our business by operating a life management model that includes a cohesive working relationship with each member of a client’s team to ensure maximum professional support and counsel."

When I see this chronology (I cropped it to start when talks of a JL focused show began), Jan 18 2005 stands out to me.

Jamie transformed what I guess was some construction company into a management company (similarly to what Edan later would do in 2008 with his company, although that may just be a common thing to do?). That must have been in order to manage JL's career, right? But was Jamie managing JL, or anyone at all? If not, what's the point, and who gave Jamie the idea of creating that company? He didn't do that when his other daughter was a minor working in show business. Is it possible Lou started entering the picture around this time, instead of 2006? Or was this Larry's idea?

14 minutes ago, Tar_isa said:

When I see this chronology (I cropped it to start when talks of a JL focused show began), Jan 18 2005 stands out to me.

Jamie transformed what I guess was some construction company into a management company (similarly to what Edan later would do in 2008 with his company, although that may just be a common thing to do?). That must have been in order to manage JL's career, right? But was Jamie managing JL, or anyone at all? If not, what's the point, and who gave Jamie the idea of creating that company? He didn't do that when his other daughter was a minor working in show business. Is it possible Lou started entering the picture around this time, instead of 2006? Or was this Larry's idea?

Agreed...January 18, 2005 stands out.

I suspect that Lou entered the picture significantly earlier...As in, around the fall of 2002. It's not a relationship that necessarily developed quickly. Lou would have needed time to build trust with Lynne when it came to managing JL.

However...

I'm wondering if James and Larry started forming an alliance around the time that Britney hired Dan Dymtrow?

I highly doubt that Britney could simply step out of her contract with Larry without a legal fight. 

Perhaps "Spears Management, Inc." was the prelude to the agreement that James and Larry came to in 2011 for the FF tour during the CON?

Key Dates:

May 23, 2002 - Gossip blogs report that Britney's parents, James and Lynne Spears, have separated and that Lynne is asking for a divorce.

VS.

Oct. 6, 2004 - Britney fires manager Larry Rudolph.

Jan. 15, 2005 - Billboard reports that Dan Dymtrow is not managing Britney, but remains part of her "team" while working in the same capacity as he did prior to Larry Rudolph's departure.

Edited by Steel Magnolia
Adding details: 2002 vs. 2005

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block