Taylor Swift fights back after Damon Albarn claims she hasn't written her own songs: "it's really ****ed up," Damon apologizes.

Invitation

7 hours ago, Prachi said:

Writing is never about just lyrics for an album when you say it's entirely Written in music world it means an album like Blue by Joni Mitchell. And that's what he meant in terms of co writing I presume but his article was definitely bad. 

That may have been what he meant, and perhaps should have clarified but I think most people or perhaps the lay person considers songwriting to be lyrics & melody and I’m pretty sure thats what the Song of the Year category at the Grammys is based on. Although yeah in terms of composition, the definition is broader.

1 hour ago, waynebradybyday said:

That may have been what he meant, and perhaps should have clarified but I think most people or perhaps the lay person considers songwriting to be lyrics & melody and I’m pretty sure thats what the Song of the Year category at the Grammys is based on. Although yeah in terms of composition, the definition is broader.

I agree, Damon is one of the most skilled musicians around I've been a huge fan but he's always a di-ck-head he is ignorant and I don't agree about Taylor considering he when compared her with Billie. 

But, calling out on Twitter wasn't cool when she knew her minions will go and bombard things they are those fans who DM john mayer and leave him nasty comments. 

8 hours ago, ***yLove said:

Her fans would have done everything you've mentioned regardless if Taylor responded or not. He came for her unprovoked and she bit back without being mean. I would have insulted his ***. 

I doubt it, her fans will find a hard time knowing Gorillaz or Damon in the first place let alone reading a full length L.A article. 

7 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I think it's kind of a grey area. Of course, there's no statistics to back this up, but based on the discussions I've seen among fans:

• writing - lyrics
  • composing - vocal melodies, etc.
  • producing - instrumentals, etc.

And pretty often, writing and composing are bunched together. It really depends on who you're talking to, and I don't think there's any consensus. Maybe there is in the music world, but not among pop music fans. :typing_keyboard_computer:

According to Tidal, she wrote every single lyric and vocal melody:

Screenshot-2022-01-25-at-02-37-42.png

And at the end of the day, the lyrics and vocal melodies are what make a song. Not to discredit producers, audio engineers, etc., because the work they do is insane and often flies under the radar (especially the work of audio engineers), but you can perform a song a cappella, and it's still gonna be the same song. Meanwhile, if you change the lyrics and especially vocal melodies, you suddenly have a completely different song. IDK, just my two cents. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Nathan hasn't been credited on Speak Now a lot, but that is something their thing not mine! A full written always mean something like Blue by Joni etc etc! Yes, people don't know this hence Damon comment was uncalled for. A person who did a fare share of guitar will not be someone who didn't even help out in vocal arranging melodies etc this a musical process. 

1 hour ago, Prachi said:

I agree, Damon is one of the most skilled musicians around I've been a huge fan but he's always a di-ck-head he is ignorant and I don't agree about Taylor considering he when compared her with Billie. 

But, calling out on Twitter wasn't cool when she knew her minions will go and bombard things they are those fans who DM john mayer and leave him nasty comments. 

I get what your saying about the Twitter abuse. I don’t think that’s cute and they need to chill. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, 3IsACharm33 said:

Wow you must not know who Alicia Keys is her music is timeless and standouts 

Ofcourse I know who Alicia Keys is lol. But you cannot for real praise Alicia and then diss on Taylor. Let us be real here: Alicia's career rose, peaked, and died in the 2000s decade (aside Girl on Fire). I love her and her music, but you cannot say that Taylor is "less" talented than Alicia - let alone saying she is "beautiful gowns" in comparison. It is just a silly shady comparison that did not age well. 

again, you can hate on Taylor and her personality, but you cannot deny her power, impact, and TALENT. Sorry :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

• Haha 1
  • Like 2

Lmao People really up here saying TS’s writing is childish and annoying while some of the greatest artists have praised all aspects of her artistry after interacting with or encountering her.

Bruce Springsteen - “As far as craft, [her songs are] really, really well-built and well-made; they’re very, very sturdy, and the records are too.”

Ryan Tedder - “She is pound for pound the most talented writer of any artist I’ve ever worked with… Taylor is the only artist that I’ve worked with that has the complete skillset. If she weren’t an artist, she’d be the number one songwriter in the world. If she weren’t a songwriter, she’d be the number one artist in the world.“

Jon Bon Jovi - “She’s the real deal. She’s absolutely the real deal in every way, shape, and form. She’s a writer. She’s a singer. She’s a beautiful girl… I think she’s gonna be a Loretta Lynn. She’s writing pop songs right now and they’re good. They’re real good.”

Steven Tyler - “She is an incredible entity—it's unreal what that woman is. She reminds me of the wonder around Madonna. Your average person thinks Madonna's singing "Like a Virgin," but if you look at what she endured in this man's-world music business of ripoffs, scoundrels, and *******s, she's doing it like that. She's a phenomenon.”

Carole King - described her as "extraordinary" for her talent and her impact on music.

But I’m sure you know better than other musicians so go off I guess…

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Prachi said:

Very sad to see how a 31 year old women said this on twitter where she knew her fans will rage onto this man, not to mention her puppets are all over Gorillaz reddit sub too spreading hate. Yes, the interview was awful and his comparison made no sense but I don't understand how a celebrity like Taylor who is such a huge act will act so childish on Twitter she could've had her PR called and got this article down. Sorry to those who says she can speak up, Yes she can and it's her right to speak up she's an exceptional writer but since day 1 she has come off as childish and immature there is a way of standing up for yourself and doing this on twitter where your deluded fans will just do trash things isn't an answer. Absolutely disappointed, don't quote me. 

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

she was defending herself and her work, how is that sad

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, britneypears said:

Because hardly anyone even knows this Damon guy and had Taylor ignored his criticisms literally nobody aside from a few pop music stans would even be talking about this subject still. But by replying to his bait, she ended up not only giving him more attention, but also exploiting the situation for her own benefit. Which is smart in a way, but she's done this so many times throughout the years that it's just a tad bit desperate at this point at least imo. 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, britneypears said:

I think you didn't understood my comment, I wasn't coming off as hateful or siding with Damon this thing could've easily be solved out by calling LA times, Damon words have been twisted here for click bait so I get Taylor's anger and her willing to protect her craft but making a statement on twitter when you know your fans will bombard him with nasty comments everywhere they actually went into Gorillaz reddit sub too to spread hate, most people don't know how much Gorillaz or Blur has done for the music but it's okay not everyone has to know but this kinda things only gaslight and your fans bombard hate everywhere while this matter would've been solved out via a simple call. 

Fans really want to keep their faves on a pedestal ans they think their fave can do no wrong, I am sorry if you can't see this but I can this was indeed childish and gaslighting and no way you can come off as a person/fan who can make me change my opinion. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block