Taylor Swift fights back after Damon Albarn claims she hasn't written her own songs: "it's really ****ed up," Damon apologizes.

Invitation

2 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

The only thing exceptional about Billie is that she has a career in the first place. Thankfully, I think her 15 min are done. As for Taylor, obviously she's going to defend her work. I like aggressive Swift and this guy is an idiot. 

She had one of the most successful transitions between genres so of course she will defend her work. I think he has that notion that pop singers don’t write just because she did pop albums too. Maybe he even forgot she started as a country singer. 

• Love 3
  • Content Curators
5 minutes ago, ***yLove said:

The only thing exceptional about Billie is that she has a career in the first place. Thankfully, I think her 15 min are done. As for Taylor, obviously she's going to defend her work. I like aggressive Swift and this guy is an idiot. 

She’s about to be an Oscar winner in 2 months though.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, waynebradybyday said:

This is damaging to her. She was the sole writer on Speak Now and wrote every track without co-writers. I’d be mad too if I did all that and someone claimed I don’t write any of my songs.

Speak now was entirely co-written with producer Nathan Chapman actually. While he isn't credited for any writing (for some reason), he is responsible for the majority of the non-guitar instrumentation, and a good deal of the guitar as well. And a host of other musicians were called in after the initial sessions to tweak stuff. It's a similar situation on a lot of Michael Jackson's material where he is the only one credited as a writer, but in reality the majority of the instrumentation was written/performed by someone else. The chords written for those instrumentations are also a part of songwriting. Lyrics + baseline melody aren’t the only parts of a composition. Article

• Love 1

Very sad to see how a 31 year old women said this on twitter where she knew her fans will rage onto this man, not to mention her puppets are all over Gorillaz reddit sub too spreading hate. Yes, the interview was awful and his comparison made no sense but I don't understand how a celebrity like Taylor who is such a huge act will act so childish on Twitter she could've had her PR called and got this article down. Sorry to those who says she can speak up, Yes she can and it's her right to speak up she's an exceptional writer but since day 1 she has come off as childish and immature there is a way of standing up for yourself and doing this on twitter where your deluded fans will just do trash things isn't an answer. Absolutely disappointed, don't quote me. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, InTheZone4Life said:

He said that when Speak Now literally exists? Lol Her longest album (not including the Taylor's Version releases) and one with more tracks than most of the others as well and that she wrote completely by herself? lol The delusions.... Speak Now TV incoming :peasants_taylor_swift_walking_away_bye_goodbye:

Stream "Message In A Bottle" for clear skin

Speak now was not entirely written her, I would suggest to read this

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

There is nothing more disgusting than men trying to discreet women and their talents, especially in the music industry. Men need to learn that when women show up and show out, they don't need to get mad, they need to work harder. Taylor herself said it in her documentary, that we expect women to reinvent themselves with each release yet a man can consistently release the same album with a new album title/cover and get a pass. 

Yay for her for standing up for hard work and her music.

Don't forget that Taylor has not released anything that she herself has not written. 

• Love 7
20 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Very sad to see how a 31 year old women said this on twitter where she knew her fans will rage onto this man, not to mention her puppets are all over Gorillaz reddit sub too spreading hate. Yes, the interview was awful and his comparison made no sense but I don't understand how a celebrity like Taylor who is such a huge act will act so childish on Twitter she could've had her PR called and got this article down. Sorry to those who says she can speak up, Yes she can and it's her right to speak up she's an exceptional writer but since day 1 she has come off as childish and immature there is a way of standing up for yourself and doing this on twitter where your deluded fans will just do trash things isn't an answer. Absolutely disappointed, don't quote me. 

Except he spoke to the LA Times about it? So he brought this attention on himself… I’m not saying she needed to respond to him on Twitter. She could’ve left it alone, but she has a right to respond to someone who is trying to discredit her publicly by responding publicly.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Nathan Chapman produced. He didn’t write on it.

Writing is never about just lyrics for an album when you say it's entirely Written in music world it means an album like Blue by Joni Mitchell. And that's what he meant in terms of co writing I presume but his article was definitely bad. 

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Except he spoke to the LA Times about it? So he brought this attention on himself… I’m not saying she needed to respond to him on Twitter. She could’ve left it alone, but she has a right to respond to someone who is trying to discredit her publicly by responding publicly.

Did I say his views didn't came out wrong, but I'm sorry this behavior from Taylor was not expected fans have literally bombarded Twitter which luckily I don't have but not to mention even reddit I understand taylor wanting to defend her work but this was simply gaslighting and making fans do the dirty work! 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block