Taylor Swift fights back after Damon Albarn claims she hasn't written her own songs: "it's really ****ed up," Damon apologizes.

Invitation

4 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Writing is never about just lyrics for an album when you say it's entirely Written in music world it means an album like Blue by Joni Mitchell. And that's what he meant in terms of co writing I presume but his article was definitely bad. 

This is an exact quote from the article you linked:

Chapman and Swift's working method comes across as a straightforward and sensible strategy for avoiding performance anxiety and corresponding creative obstacles, and it clearly paid off. In the process Swift stepped up a gear, for while she co‑wrote a substantial number of the songs on her first and second albums, mostly with Liz Rose, she wrote all the songs for Speak Now by herself, displaying a remarkable degree of self‑confidence for someone so young.

• Love 1
  • Like 2
12 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

This is an exact quote from the article you linked:

Chapman and Swift's working method comes across as a straightforward and sensible strategy for avoiding performance anxiety and corresponding creative obstacles, and it clearly paid off. In the process Swift stepped up a gear, for while she co‑wrote a substantial number of the songs on her first and second albums, mostly with Liz Rose, she wrote all the songs for Speak Now by herself, displaying a remarkable degree of self‑confidence for someone so young.

As I said writing in musical word never means just lyrics it always means the whole thing like Blue! And yes article is bad, I will agree but my rage was towards the fact that she gaslighted her fans and now her minions are all over reddit and what not. Easily this article could've been ignored or her PR team would've contacted them to take this down! I'm not hating on taylor so don't get me wrong, but I'm sorry if you see this justified your faves can be wrong and as fans we should be able to see it. Also what Nathan is saying is also about writing lyrics! 

1 hour ago, Prachi said:

Very sad to see how a 31 year old women said this on twitter where she knew her fans will rage onto this man, not to mention her puppets are all over Gorillaz reddit sub too spreading hate. Yes, the interview was awful and his comparison made no sense but I don't understand how a celebrity like Taylor who is such a huge act will act so childish on Twitter she could've had her PR called and got this article down. Sorry to those who says she can speak up, Yes she can and it's her right to speak up she's an exceptional writer but since day 1 she has come off as childish and immature there is a way of standing up for yourself and doing this on twitter where your deluded fans will just do trash things isn't an answer. Absolutely disappointed, don't quote me. 

Her fans would have done everything you've mentioned regardless if Taylor responded or not. He came for her unprovoked and she bit back without being mean. I would have insulted his ***. 

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, Body ache said:

I love how she was quick to gather this guy yet she still hasn't said anything about the Free Britney movement.

SNNzG44.gif

I myself was disappointed that she didn't speak about free Britney, I wanted her to do it; however, she is not obligated to do so. As another user mentioned, not everyone's worlds revolve around Brit.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... look at all the backlash Lady Gaga got for not speaking... look at all the backlash she got once she did... even when Britney herself acknowledged her. 

Taylor spoke for her work. God, we haven't learned a thing.

• Love 5
  • Haha 1
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Invitation said:

A really interesting songwriter is Billie Eilish and her brother.

So he talks s**t about TS but praises Billie Eyelash? Only reason her whispering into a microphone sounds somewhat acceptable is because her brother is carrying her career on his shoulders, with his production work!

Sean Flanagan Fah GIF by FoilArmsandHog

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Prachi said:

As I said writing in musical word never means just lyrics it always means the whole thing like Blue! And yes article is bad, I will agree but my rage was towards the fact that she gaslighted her fans and now her minions are all over reddit and what not. Easily this article could've been ignored or her PR team would've contacted them to take this down! I'm not hating on taylor so don't get me wrong, but I'm sorry if you see this justified your faves can be wrong and as fans we should be able to see it. Also what Nathan is saying is also about writing lyrics! 

I think it's kind of a grey area. Of course, there's no statistics to back this up, but based on the discussions I've seen among fans:

• writing - lyrics
  • composing - vocal melodies, etc.
  • producing - instrumentals, etc.

And pretty often, writing and composing are bunched together. It really depends on who you're talking to, and I don't think there's any consensus. Maybe there is in the music world, but not among pop music fans. :typing_keyboard_computer:

According to Tidal, she wrote every single lyric and vocal melody:

Screenshot-2022-01-25-at-02-37-42.png

And at the end of the day, the lyrics and vocal melodies are what make a song. Not to discredit producers, audio engineers, etc., because the work they do is insane and often flies under the radar (especially the work of audio engineers), but you can perform a song a cappella, and it's still gonna be the same song. Meanwhile, if you change the lyrics and especially vocal melodies, you suddenly have a completely different song. IDK, just my two cents. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block