Taylor Swift fights back after Damon Albarn claims she hasn't written her own songs: "it's really ****ed up," Damon apologizes.

Invitation

13 minutes ago, InTheZone4Life said:

Lmao People really up here saying TS’s writing is childish and annoying while some of the greatest artists have praised all aspects of her artistry after interacting with or encountering her.

Bruce Springsteen - “As far as craft, [her songs are] really, really well-built and well-made; they’re very, very sturdy, and the records are too.”

Ryan Tedder - “She is pound for pound the most talented writer of any artist I’ve ever worked with… Taylor is the only artist that I’ve worked with that has the complete skillset. If she weren’t an artist, she’d be the number one songwriter in the world. If she weren’t a songwriter, she’d be the number one artist in the world.“

Jon Bon Jovi - “She’s the real deal. She’s absolutely the real deal in every way, shape, and form. She’s a writer. She’s a singer. She’s a beautiful girl… I think she’s gonna be a Loretta Lynn. She’s writing pop songs right now and they’re good. They’re real good.”

Steven Tyler - “She is an incredible entity—it's unreal what that woman is. She reminds me of the wonder around Madonna. Your average person thinks Madonna's singing "Like a Virgin," but if you look at what she endured in this man's-world music business of ripoffs, scoundrels, and *******s, she's doing it like that. She's a phenomenon.”

Carole King - described her as "extraordinary" for her talent and her impact on music.

But I’m sure you know better than other musicians so go off I guess…

I don't think anyone is saying that or at least I didn't! Taylor deserves her praise no denying of that but if you are still able to defend the gaslighting and fan bombarding heavy hate towards damon which he did say his words were twisted for click bait so I think you need to see some light and understand these celebs are also human and they have their own demons not everything can be defended. 

Damon has been bombarded with utmost disrespectful comments all over the place and reddit sub and her fans saying what he has done etc etc! Gaslighting wasn't important solving out the issue was! 

20 minutes ago, Stefani said:

Because hardly anyone even knows this Damon guy and had Taylor ignored his criticisms literally nobody aside from a few pop music stans would even be talking about this subject still. But by replying to his bait, she ended up not only giving him more attention, but also exploiting the situation for her own benefit. Which is smart in a way, but she's done this so many times throughout the years that it's just a tad bit desperate at this point at least imo. 

Not really. Damon is an icon and I can see why he would be an artistic role model to many. 

22 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I think you didn't understood my comment, I wasn't coming off as hateful or siding with Damon this thing could've easily be solved out by calling LA times, Damon words have been twisted here for click bait so I get Taylor's anger and her willing to protect her craft but making a statement on twitter when you know your fans will bombard him with nasty comments everywhere they actually went into Gorillaz reddit sub too to spread hate, most people don't know how much Gorillaz or Blur has done for the music but it's okay not everyone has to know but this kinda things only gaslight and your fans bombard hate everywhere while this matter would've been solved out via a simple call. 

Fans really want to keep their faves on a pedestal ans they think their fave can do no wrong, I am sorry if you can't see this but I can this was indeed childish and gaslighting and no way you can come off as a person/fan who can make me change my opinion. 

He made a public comment about her, so she has every right to defend herself on twitter. She wasn't even hateful. 

Do you believe that Britney is wrong as well, for defending herself publically against her sisters accusations? 

• Love 4
19 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I think it's kind of a grey area. Of course, there's no statistics to back this up, but based on the discussions I've seen among fans:

• writing - lyrics
  • composing - vocal melodies, etc.
  • producing - instrumentals, etc.

And pretty often, writing and composing are bunched together. It really depends on who you're talking to, and I don't think there's any consensus. Maybe there is in the music world, but not among pop music fans. :typing_keyboard_computer:

According to Tidal, she wrote every single lyric and vocal melody:

Screenshot-2022-01-25-at-02-37-42.png

And at the end of the day, the lyrics and vocal melodies are what make a song. Not to discredit producers, audio engineers, etc., because the work they do is insane and often flies under the radar (especially the work of audio engineers), but you can perform a song a cappella, and it's still gonna be the same song. Meanwhile, if you change the lyrics and especially vocal melodies, you suddenly have a completely different song. IDK, just my two cents. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

Better yet why does anyone care…just enjoy music you like 

17 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I don't think anyone is saying that or at least I didn't! Taylor deserves her praise no denying of that but if you are still able to defend the gaslighting and fan bombarding heavy hate towards damon which he did say his words were twisted for click bait so I think you need to see some light and understand these celebs are also human and they have their own demons not everything can be defended. 

Damon has been bombarded with utmost disrespectful comments all over the place and reddit sub and her fans saying what he has done etc etc! Gaslighting wasn't important solving out the issue was! 

You didn’t say that but others did. I know what you’re saying and you’re entitled to your opinion, but I’m not sure how the message could’ve been miscommunicated… The interviewer even pushed back on his comments and he doubled down to say her writing “doesn’t count.” I’m not really sure what message he thought would be conveyed with that, but I’m pretty sure people understood loud and clear. On top of that, Damon could’ve clarified what he meant, provided the full quote, or asked that the LA Times retract it if it was a lie. He didn’t do any of those things. Seems like he just didn’t realize that people would notice and he backtracked. Not because he actually meant something else, but because it ended up making him look misogynistic too.

I know you feel differently and that’s fine. But speaking to the LA Times, a massively circulating publication, isn’t my idea of trying to lay low. It’s not like he said those things to his friend who leaked it. He gave the interview to a super popular newspaper. So if he felt the need to make those comments publicly, she should have the right to respond publicly. As already stated, people would have come for him regardless of whether Taylor said anything at all. Just because she decided to defend herself doesn’t mean that she is sending her fans on a witch-hunt anymore than Britney sends her fans to slam Jamie Lynn. Neither artist is responsible for their fans and neither are wrong for speaking publicly when others decide to comment on their lives or work. Sticking up for yourself isn’t wrong.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Prachi said:

Isn't almost every fanbase toxic to some degree? Taylor has a history of men trying to discredit her work, I wouldn't blame anyone for getting angry at this. 

Just now, InTheZone4Life said:

You didn’t say that but others did. I know what you’re saying and you’re entitled to your opinion, but I’m not sure how the message could’ve been miscommunicated… The interviewer even pushed back on his comments and he doubled down to say her writing “doesn’t count.” I’m not really sure what message he thought would be conveyed with that, but I’m pretty sure people understood loud and clear. On top of that, Damon could’ve clarified what he meant, provided the full quote, or asked that the LA Times retract it if it was a lie. He didn’t do any of those things. Seems like he just didn’t realize that people would notice and he backtracked. Not because he actually meant something else, but because it ended up making him look misogynistic too.

I know you feel differently and that’s fine. But speaking to the LA Times, a massively circulating publication, isn’t my idea of trying to lay low. It’s not like he said those things to his friend who leaked it. He gave the interview to a super popular newspaper. So if he felt the need to make those comments publicly, she should have the right to respond publicly. As already stated, people would have come for him regardless of whether Taylor said anything at all. Just because she decided to defend herself doesn’t mean that she is sending her fans on a witch-hunt anymore than Britney sends her fans to slam Jamie Lynn. Neither artist is responsible for their fans and neither are wrong for speaking publicly when others decide to comment on their lives or work. Sticking up for yourself isn’t wrong.

it is not wrong, I've been an admirer of Taylor since her debut I knew she will one day become big but I am sorry I cannot come to justify this action it came out as a petty thing and Tay could've done better! Don't mind this forum 'stans' really do live in their own world and this forum is no different! 

Stream all to well (10M version) to f-u-c-k the patriarchy. 

Just now, britneypears said:

Isn't almost every fanbase toxic to some degree? Taylor has a history of men trying to discredit her work, I wouldn't blame anyone for getting angry at this. 

Well, not every fan base goes into x boyfriend DMs and trash talk them taylor fans can relate to this though! They've harassed John Mayer as well not to mention how skilled of a musician he is but those things don't matter to fans I guess because hey he broke up with her so it only must be John's fault right? 

Fans obsession is weird for every one but my thought is very different on this. 

1 minute ago, Prachi said:

Well, not every fan base goes into x boyfriend DMs and trash talk them taylor fans can relate to this though! They've harassed John Mayer as well not to mention how skilled of a musician he is but those things don't matter to fans I guess because hey he broke up with her so it only must be John's fault right? 

Fans obsession is weird for every one but my thought is very different on this. 

I don't care about John Mayer or her fans tbh.  I just thought your comment about her was silly, calling her chidlish and immature for defending herself publically against public lies about her?   :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black: 

1 minute ago, britneypears said:

I don't care about John Mayer or her fans tbh.  I just thought your comment about her was silly, calling her chidlish and immature for defending herself publically against public lies about her?   :ririshade1_rihanna_annoyed_window_bye_irritated_mad_black: 

Well, I still stand by what I've said. You don't see it as childish but I do! And Damon did say his words were twisted for clickbait. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, britneypears said:

:eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

she was defending herself and her work, how is that sad

Doesnt sound like defending, seems more like backlash/cancellation party, which on internet each day seems more and more frequent and put behind a good false pretense.

To be Fair, Taylor is a very well estabilshed figure in the industry. Why the need of making drama of a frivolous commentary?

2 hours ago, maki93 said:

Ofcourse I know who Alicia Keys is lol. But you cannot for real praise Alicia and then diss on Taylor. Let us be real here: Alicia's career rose, peaked, and died in the 2000s decade (aside Girl on Fire). I love her and her music, but you cannot say that Taylor is "less" talented than Alicia - let alone saying she is "beautiful gowns" in comparison. It is just a silly shady comparison that did not age well. 

again, you can hate on Taylor and her personality, but you cannot deny her power, impact, and TALENT. Sorry :idkha_mariah_i_dont_know_her_pink_idk_shake_no:

That was the funniest thing I ever read you should become a comedian 

1 hour ago, Jaiden said:

To be Fair, Taylor is a very well estabilshed figure in the industry. Why the need of making drama of a frivolous commentary?

1. Damon is an icon in the music world, he is very much talented and creative. He is not just a nobody. 

2. Taylor has a history of men trying to discredit her, from the very start. Best example is Kanye West 

3. It's not just a comment, it is a lie and is probably a very hurtful one for an artist who writers their own texts 

What about her comment seemed like a ''cancellation party''? 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Prachi said:

Well, I still stand by what I've said. You don't see it as childish but I do! And Damon did say his words were twisted for clickbait. 

Damons words werent twisted at all, he literally said that word to word and the interviewer tried to correct him. 

Also  Taylors fanbase isnt the only one. We all know Britney fans have harassed and threatened people left and right. If Britney or someone else said something like this everyone here would applaud her but because its Taylor she has to stay quiet because....  Her fans are "so much worse", when in reality britney, ari, billie, like every big fanbase is just as bad. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Popcornie said:

Damons words werent twisted at all, he literally said that word to word and the interviewer tried to correct him. 

Also  Taylors fanbase isnt the only one. We all know Britney fans have harassed and threatened people left and right. If Britney or someone else said something like this everyone here would applaud her but because its Taylor she has to stay quiet because....  Her fans are "so much worse", when in reality britney, ari, billie, like every big fanbase is just as bad. 

I am not one of those fans who keep their faves at some untouchable pedestal and think they can't do no wrong! Taylor was petty here and she could've handled this better - Damon is definitely out of touch and didn't know and of course apologised for it as he should but when things can be handled differently they should, also why Damon opinion became so important all of a sudden you aren't able to take even a single criticism? What she doesn't have? Every award she has. 

Britney didn't get VMAs till circus era but did it stop her to giving her best performances where she was always just criticised? I am all about women speaking up but there can be a way to handle things. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block