UPDATE : "Toxic Pony" debuts on Billboard Hot R&B Songs Chart at #25, its Britney Spears first appearance in the chart ever.

So I gave this a few listens to give it a fair shake and this is what RCA decided to hop on to get some coins? There are tons of better remixes they themselves commisioned over the years that never got proper radio releases. Now they went with this group who literally put her vocals over Pony's instrumental. Altego is making money and media press over songs they didn't sing, write, or produce. It doesn't make sense to me. And the remix isn't even all that to be getting this much buzz.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

So I gave this a few listens to give it a fair shake and this is what RCA decided to hop on to get some coins? There are tons of better remixes they themselves commisioned over the years that never got proper radio releases. Now they went with this group who literally put her vocals over Pony's instrumental. Altego is making money and media press over songs they didn't sing, write, or produce. It doesn't make sense to me. And the remix isn't even all that to be getting this much buzz.

See, TikTok has become the biggest platform to discover music and all young gen discover music from there. When toxic pony started becoming viral on TikTok they wanted to make the move and they cannot without getting RCA on board because technically music belongs to RCA and Britney! So they had to jump in and make it official it's not about the coins it's about legality you cannot just sample a song and officially release it without giving artist the credit and label. 

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, Naes614 said:

I believe this will be her 36th entry. A entry in the past 4 decades and the 3rd highest for a female. Only ones ahead of her are Nicki and Rhianna. Slayyyyyy

This is media base chart though for radios, it means it is getting audience if streams increase then let's hope for charting. 

1 minute ago, Prachi said:

This is media base chart though for radios, it means it is getting audience if streams increase then let's hope for charting. 

Did they change the rules to the mainstream top 40 chart? Because they always used mediabase as the indicator based off airplay. I’m old so they prolly changed the rules 🙄

Screenshot-2022-01-26-at-9-31-19-PM.png

Seeing gains, have chances to enter top 40! 

Only Tuesday, it's gaining a hit incoming. 

All from Pulse:

1. Including Scream & Shout, this will be her 37th entry into the Top 40 at Radio & Records/Mediabase charts:

https://gghunt.utasites.cloud/charts/bspears.html

2. 4 adds at Pop radio

3:

HOT AC:
— 65 ALTEGO/BRITNEY SPEARS/GINUWINE Toxic Pony 42 0 +42 0.336

+5 spins
+5 bullet
+0.032 audience

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Is this huge? What does that mean, can it chart on BB Hot100?

Let's see by next week, climbing up to top 40 is absolutely huge deal it can chart on BB airplay chart which comes Tuesdays but let's see how it plays out this week first. This is officially her 37th entry into top 20 pop radios, it is gaining audience a remix song doing this omg :shaking_shake_gold_yellow:

Also, Britney only has 45 around singles officially released, I don't wanna get too excited but there is hope for this to chart. 

• Love 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block