UPDATE : "Toxic Pony" debuts on Billboard Hot R&B Songs Chart at #25, its Britney Spears first appearance in the chart ever.

I heard about it yesterday but didn’t actually listen to it until today. It’s kinda a Bop. I like it, but I’d prefer something New. Even an older song would be cool. But that’s beside the point.

This little release is simply just to capitalize on the TikTok trend and keep Britney relevant. Did people forget that’s a good thing? It’s why we’re here, to preserve Britney’s legacy and keep her/her music and art in pop culture.  :clap_clapping_britney_xfactor_red_excited_yay_cheer:  This is an interesting and on-trend way to do it. Kinda gimmicky yeah, but I’m not mad at it. And Britney could chart!  Another slay for Spears!  :lizzie_oops_dancing_red_maguire_hillary_duff:

• Love 7
  • Like 1

Some are complaining? Lol be immensely greatful this is the closest Britney has had as a "Hit" since femme fatale . 

The remix MASSIVE on tiktok. Not only the challenge , but it's being used on other videos with millions of likes. This means more push for Toxic and Britney. The newer generation only listen to songs that are viral on TikTok. 

This AMAZING news for Britney. And FYI this isn't official. Some 2 random guys made the mashup ( a snippet) and it just took off that people on tiktok asked for a longer version. THEN the label seems to have jumped on to cash in some coins. Songs that are viral on TikTok are the ones being played on radio to garner more younger audience. 

• Love 3

I listened to this in full a few times and it's still just there. I don't understand how Britney will get streams for this since it's Altego's mix.

I see the song listed on radio with Altego's name first, then Britney, then Ginuwine. Brit and Gin had no involvement in this so idk how they should get any streams/revenue/sales.

23 hours ago, LikeTheMoonAndSun said:

Labels are releasing tiktok mash-ups... ew.... So this is where american music is going... and then some people dare to wonder why korean industry is taking over the world lol

Also proofs there's not actual good music out nowadays even though streaming music is so easy. Everyone's rehashing old classics .

4 hours ago, Frankie8 said:

I listened to this in full a few times and it's still just there. I don't understand how Britney will get streams for this since it's Altego's mix.

I see the song listed on radio with Altego's name first, then Britney, then Ginuwine. Brit and Gin had no involvement in this so idk how they should get any streams/revenue/sales.

It's counted as lead for Britney and it is released under RCA.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, levxy said:

I really hope it will chart! But still a little worried that it will overshadow the original song. 

I actually predict Toxic and Toxic Pony soon will do 1M combined streams a day, too soon to comment though! Toxic streams are also increasing as if you go above I posted both week numbers, it's going up! Young gen will go to her profile and give her some listen so it's a great way. And toxic cannot be overshadowed it's a very powerful song on streaming platforms, YT numbers are also increasing though I don't have hopes for it to chart but I do see it becoming a hit for her which is good it will bring in more young crowd. 

And, it's under RCA and officially counted as lead for Britney so she will make money from both songs. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Prachi said:

I actually predict Toxic and Toxic Pony soon will do 1M combined streams a day, too soon to comment though! Toxic streams are also increasing as if you go above I posted both week numbers, it's going up! Young gen will go to her profile and give her some listen so it's a great way. And toxic cannot be overshadowed it's a very powerful song on streaming platforms, YT numbers are also increasing though I don't have hopes for it to chart but I do see it becoming a hit for her which is good it will bring in more young crowd. 

And, it's under RCA and officially counted as lead for Britney so she will make money from both songs. 

The mashup wasn't out on Spotify last week so you can't really compare yet. But for the other songs you are definitely right that it will have a positive impact! And yes, the Toxic youtube numbers are finally back to how they were a few months ago before decreasing, since the mashup went viral. 

• Love 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block