Christina Aguilera performs Medley, receives the Music Icon award at the PCAs

18 hours ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

You may be too young but in 2002/2003 when she released beautiful and showed gay n trans or non binary ppl in a mainstream music video when her none of peers did… at such a young age yeah ..Sry that made her iconic.  

K thanks 

Britney been having gays in her videos since 1998 but ok 

• Love 1
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, Yasux34 said:

Yes and was written with Britney in mind then was offered to 3 other Artist before Xtina took the opportunity for clout

Lol.

I would say this one last time - i said it before.

"Beautiful" was written by Linda for her own singing career, but she didn't felt that song really is for her. Pink heard the song, but never recorded it even as a rough demo. Country Love knew about existence of this song, but we don't know if she saw lyrics or heard it live performed by Linda in studio. As well as Britney's team (not really Britney herself). After meeting with Christina - Linda decided with her menago to show her this song. Linda was impressed by her skills and interpretations and with vulnerbility of Christina saying "Don't look at me" (this "verse" was made by Xtina but not on puropse, this just happend and Linda loved it). Actually X could fight for credit if her surname would be "Knowles" but she's not that shameless.

Don't be so negative. Christina its kinda of forgotten star, but still had bigger impact than Avril Lavigne, Nelly Furtado and many more. "Stripped" to this day in media is called as one of most influential album of 2000s (any Britney album is called like that as much as often - sorry, people only remember Baby, Oops and Toxic as a legendery songs). Christina sold almost 10 million copies in USA of her debut album (Britney only about 3 or 4 millions more - that's more than good if you are competing with Britney, but she sold as much as Mariah Carey's debut) Sales or media intrest are not the only thing to call somebody an "icon". For sure calling her Legendtina its too much, but for sure she's icon because of her voice - you can't mistake her voice with somebody's else. For sure we can call Britney as a icon and legend.

The only problem is ...?. PCA...? REALLY?. they can call Jambo Dumbo even as a icon, so not worthy at all, but okay. She should be awarded at AMA or idk.

• Love 3
  • Like 1
27 minutes ago, returcus said:

Lol.

I would say this one last time - i said it before.

"Beautiful" was written by Linda for her own singing career, but she didn't felt that song really is for her. Pink heard the song, but never recorded it even as a rough demo. Country Love knew about existence of this song, but we don't know if she saw lyrics or heard it live performed by Linda in studio. As well as Britney's team (not really Britney herself). After meeting with Christina - Linda decided with her menago to show her this song. Linda was impressed by her skills and interpretations and with vulnerbility of Christina saying "Don't look at me" (this "verse" was made by Xtina but not on puropse, this just happend and Linda loved it). Actually X could fight for credit if her surname would be "Knowles" but she's not that shameless.

Don't be so negative. Christina its kinda of forgotten star, but still had bigger impact than Avril Lavigne, Nelly Furtado and many more. "Stripped" to this day in media is called as one of most influential album of 2000s (any Britney album is called like that as much as often - sorry, people only remember Baby, Oops and Toxic as a legendery songs). Christina sold almost 10 million copies in USA of her debut album (Britney only about 3 or 4 millions more - that's more than good if you are competing with Britney, but she sold as much as Mariah Carey's debut) Sales or media intrest are not the only thing to call somebody an "icon". For sure calling her Legendtina its too much, but for sure she's icon because of her voice - you can't mistake her voice with somebody's else. For sure we can call Britney as a icon and legend.

The only problem is ...?. PCA...? REALLY?. they can call Jambo Dumbo even as a icon, so not worthy at all, but okay. She should be awarded at AMA or idk.

I can actually respect a lot of what you are saying here. :katycream_perry_witness_nod_yes:

4 hours ago, cantgetnooops said:

Britney been having gays in her videos since 1998 but ok 

So Having gayss in her videos as back up dancers isn’t the same as showcasing them n there issues they face .. really now … 

but my point is xtina showcased others than just gays to a mainstream younger audience which at the time didn’t much or any exposure by her fellow peers of her age.  She’s an icon in that itself for championing for  my community.  

✌️ 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

So Having gayss in her videos as back up dancers isn’t the same as showcasing them n there issues they face .. really now … 

but my point is xtina showcased others than just gays to a mainstream younger audience which at the time didn’t much or any exposure by her fellow peers of her age.  She’s an icon in that itself for championing for  my community.  

✌️

I know what you mean...She's bi so it make sense that she would showcase it. 

• Love 1

She emphasized “First-ever” like if she really is an icon? Sorry not trying to throw shade or seem negative but I really don’t like her and I mean what “Icon” status is PCA referring to? When was her last hit record? When was her last hit album? Last hit music video or performance? She had to refer back to Latin music which I’m “Latino” myself, but she can’t get a hit record with pop music so her last choice is to go back to Latin music which she also fails at. Sorry not sorry but there isn’t anything iconic or revolutionary about Christina. And that Diva attitude doesn’t help her. Like sis you had 2 successful albums back in 1999 and 2002 and that was it everything after nobody cared. I think this award is more suited for like Lady Gaga, Britney or hell even Arianna but Christina? Girl-Bye! Super Bowl Ok GIF by Pepsi

• Love 2

You all are full of **** and hate lmao. I don't get the hate you have against this woman, like it turns ridiculous and funny lmaoooo, that woman is being in the media industry like for around 20 years, and inspiring another artists as well. Give her some credit and show some respect. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

I get it, you don't have to like her music or her personality,  but it seems so cringe the hate you all show to her in this forum, Bully is not a trend anymore. grow up and move on. yisus craist. :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

• Love 3
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, XSONG said:

You all are full of **** and hate lmao. I don't get the hate you have against this woman, like it turns ridiculous and funny lmaoooo, that woman is being in the media industry like for around 20 years, and inspiring another artists as well. Give her some credit and show some respect. :sickofu_britney_blinking_umm_wtf_confused_annoyed:

I get it, you don't have to like her music or her personality,  but it seems so cringe the hate you all show to her in this forum, Bully is not a trend anymore. grow up and move on. yisus craist. :4music_britney_2013_uk_annoyed_irritated_mad:

Thissss it feels like high school on here when I feel a lot of us on here are in our mid 20s-40s… as we grew up with Britney xtina etc hence y we’re on pop forum but there some younger ppl which is great also!

But it’s embarrassing going online to be sooo salty..

• Love 1
  • Like 1
29 minutes ago, Soysaucechicken08 said:

Thissss it feels like high school on here when I feel a lot of us on here are in our mid 20s-40s… as we grew up with Britney xtina etc hence y we’re on pop forum but there some younger ppl which is great also!

But it’s embarrassing going online to be sooo salty..

Sis for reaaaal!

lmaoooo! is like hate for no reason, some people hate her like just for existing. and they seem so pressed, it is so cringe. Like come on! come on over baby .. really embarrassing... :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block