Christina Aguilera performs Medley, receives the Music Icon award at the PCAs

5 hours ago, Rik said:

Courtney Love has relayed that Britney and Christina were considered several times since the mid 2000s

My synopsis is this: P!nk  essentially used her hair stylists connections to track down Linda Perry (who really had not been working in the mainstream since 4 Non Blondes failed to garner the same success of What’s Up) prior to Mizundastood. Together P!NK and Linda co-wrote various hits like Get the Party Started, Dont Let Me Get Me, Just Like a Pill, and the title track. Christina and P!nk worked on lady marmalade together in 01 as well. At some point, Linda began writing for several other artists following the success of Mizundastood, with Christina’s Stripped being the biggest And arguably most successful Linda collaboration to date. 

Similarly, Courtney Love who was fully in her addiction at the time, longed to go solo and reached out to Linda as well. Together they wrote a record called America’s Sweetheart which Courtney refers to as “le disastre”. Linda also looks down on this record, stating Courtney was just drugged out the entire time(I believe it was released in 04, but the earliest of songs were being written in 2001/02). In 2005/06, Courtney began rewriting for a record called How Dirty Girls Get Clean (during her rehab stay). Together her and Linda were the focus of a documentary detailing her solo return which eventually would just become an album under  Hole 4 years later (no original members besides Courtney were in this). 

during this time she would often discuss how badly she wanted Beautiful for herself during the Americas Sweetheart recording sessions. Linda she said was debating giving this to Britney or Christina (as in P!NK was not even being considered for the track, which led her to feeling a bit betrayed by Linda). Linda told Courtney she was not going to give her Beautiful because at the time, she wasn’t ready for Top 40 radio. Instead, Linda said she had a better song which she would only give to Courtney when Courtney was ready and serious about the music. She proposed a different song to Courtney which she believed was more relevant to Courtney’s life. 

The song, Letter to God, was recorded in 05 by Courtney for her intended solo follow up  (heard in a since leaked rehab demo tape). 

It was re recorded by Courtney and officially released in 2010 under Hole’s Nobody’s Daughter album

and was later performed by Linda on tv 

I didn't read the Crackney part because I don't give a **** but she is your Source? Linda perry disagrees.

We all know for a fact this award is going straight to her head. Second super boring performance, audience was bare minimum quiet. All I heard was Christina belching and Screaming and looking stiff. No shade just not a fan and this was absolutely boring. Sorry not sorry but sis I don’t know who decided to give you this award and blessing to grace the stage but I promise you they weren’t in the best head space cause this and Christina ain’t it. Can someone call Britney to the stage to show this girl how it’s done? Oh wait she did already throughout her entire career.:fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

7 hours ago, The Greatest Show said:

I didn't read the Crackney part because I don't give a **** but she is your Source? Linda perry disagrees.

Just gonna add it here, Pink has also spoken our on Xtina and Perry working together because Pink felt kinda betrayed or hurt that Perry would work with someone who was framed as a rival to Pink, after what was a really personal album.

So that's the songwriter and their collaborator talking about how Perry worked with different artists. 

I'm just gonna start by saying that I saw Xtina in concert in 2019, and she was phenomenonal live. She was touring her Vegas show, so it was mainly Greatest hits, with a couple of Liberation tracks thrown in.

That being said, this performance was....umm....underwhelming. it lacked direction or personality, and everything felt messy. The opening was nice but the staging was off, and it's kinda like she didn't know when to just stand and sing. After that, I don't get the point in singing one riff from a song, but also, everything after Genie right through to before Beautiful was lipsynced to rerecorded vocals. 

The costuming was interesting. I liked the reimagining of the Dirrrty look, because Xtina has a different shape now. The robe that covered it didn't look like it got put on correctly.

My issue with the performance is that it lacked personality.

48 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Just gonna add it here, Pink has also spoken our on Xtina and Perry working together because Pink felt kinda betrayed or hurt that Perry would work with someone who was framed as a rival to Pink, after what was a really personal album.

So that's the songwriter and their collaborator talking about how Perry worked with different artists. 

what does pink being jelous have to do with anything and do you think that as a Christina fan I am not aware of that situation? Perry worked with many different artitst. Whats your point? 

It was good. I liked it... I hope this performance helps Britney remember who the f she is, so she can come back and dominate the world like she's done so many times before. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: ... No but for real christiana has always been a good performer there is no doubt ... Wish she was singing more tho...the first half I wasn't feeling it... And woah the beginning her voice has became deeeeep... I like it

• Love 1

Beautiful. Amazing. Spectacular. Well deserved and well done! LOVE the updated Dirrty outfit! This was a terrific medley. I am very happy for Christina. But I do have to say I am SO TIRED of award shows where the celebrities (not even the ones “on stage”) get to be maskless while we PEASANTS ARE STILL MUZZLED! Enough is enough! It’s a REALLY BAD look & so telling on what they “really” think of us. We are either ALL in this together or not..the answer is obvious. 

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block