Christina Aguilera performs Medley, receives the Music Icon award at the PCAs

I liked her speech more than her performance. Honestly genie in a bottle rendition was so good, i wish she did it in full. That dark version with her low tone was really special. But then they just scrapped aint no other man and fighter. And she almost ruined somos nada bc of screaming. I wonder who taught her to scream that way. I mean she has to have voice teacher, right. Can not believe that teacher says her she has to cream. It aint singing and can't be good for your lungs or whatever. Really i like Xtina so much. But she always makes it's too hard for herself by  screaming and almost ruins the whole thing.  Why can't she just sing. She has such a beautiful voice but sabotaging it every single way possible. 

Congrats on award amyway.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
54 minutes ago, icybaby said:

I liked her speech more than her performance. Honestly genie in a bottle rendition was so good, i wish she did it in full. That dark version with her low tone was really special. But then they just scrapped aint no other man and fighter. And she almost ruined somos nada bc of screaming. I wonder who taught her to scream that way. I mean she has to have voice teacher, right. Can not believe that teacher says her she has to cream. It aint singing and can't be good for your lungs or whatever. Really i like Xtina so much. But she always makes it's too hard for herself by  screaming and almost ruins the whole thing.  Why can't she just sing. She has such a beautiful voice but sabotaging it every single way possible. 

Congrats on award amyway.

Christina said many times that they always try to make her not sing this way, but she enjoys singing like this

I remember even Linda Perry was trying to make her sing in different ways for the stripped album

• Love 1
  • Like 1

This was my exact problem with Xtina when I saw her live. Plenty of yelling, especially on the faster songs, and she cannot deliver, I'm afraid. She's gorgeous when it comes to ballads, though. Nothing iconic/epic about this, though. I'm sorry. 

P.S. those background musicians remind me of Beyonce's Formation dancers 

How Beyonce's 'Formation' tour mirrors Janet Jackson's 'Rhythm Nation' -  Chicago Tribune

• Like 2

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block