Britney's last Instagram post's comments

Just now, B. Leigh said:

That wasn't my point about the conservatorship...my point was that during this period of "reaching out" Britney was in a conservatorship...maybe that is why Britney found those overtures disingenuous...again Britney can say w/e tf she wants...she has been nothing but kind to and about Beyonce...I don't think Taylor is even on her radar...stop acting like Christina is just some other random pop girl...these two have a unique history that Britney responded to and honestly Britney wasn't even that rude in what she said...I think you and a lot of ppl are blowing this way out of proportion but you know that's life...

You can not have it both ways! If Christina is not just a 'random pop girl' then why isn't Britney aware of the signals Christina has been sending for the last decade or so that she basically to wants be cool/reconnect/collaborate?

OR why hasn't someone on Britney's team made her aware of Christina overtures so that she doesn't make embarrassing mistakes like she did with that IG story? Yes, like you said, they do have a unique, long history and Britney (or someone on her team) is clearly keeping tabs on what Christina is doing and saying since she reposted that Latin Grammys clip so quickly on her Instagram.

And I shared a lot of context about why what Britney did was extremely rude. Is she or you so petty and/or unforgiving that when someone (Christina) perhaps realizes that they were unnecessarily shady towards you and they've been trying to correct their behavior for the past decade or so, you not only ignore them for years, you then put them on blast too to your millions of followers?

I'm really trying to be empathetic and patient with you all as you try to defend your queen, but it is hard when you are not reasonable. Of course Britney can say whatever she wants, but now that the conservatorship is done, people are going to hold her accountable, hence the mini-backlash she's received (and I say mini because like I said before, Britney still has the benefit of the doubt from most of the general public and the media because of how iconic she is and the difficulty of her situation).  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, xxxstudwatch said:

Come on, let's keep it real. What Britney did was mean and catty and frankly, unhinged. Let's look at the totality of what Britney did:

1. Shared an out-of-context clip of Christina Aguilera to create the impression that Christina has never spoken out about the conservatorship, when in fact Christina released a lengthy and compassionate statement in June in support of Britney. 

2. She basically called Christina a liar

3. Christina was on a hectic, high stress red carpet.  Her publicist announced her red carpet interviews were over before she received the Britney question. She was being rushed inside by the Latin Grammy award organizers yet still had time with the few seconds she had to congratulate Britney. 

4. To top it all off, she pits Christina against Lady Gaga by sharing their clips side by side. I'm sure many of you remember that besides Britney, the only other pop star Christina has had to suffer through unfair comparisons with is Lady Gaga. 

5. Think about it...Britney was punching down with that IG story. Christina is less popular then Britney, has less followers on social media, doesn't have a sympathetic media in her back pocket like Britney. She then spreads fake news about Christina which she should know would encourage her legion of fans to attack her. 

6. Christina is making a return to Latin music and is trying to generate positive headlines about that. This was her moment, and Britney made it all about her for absolutely no reason. That is KAREN behavior, and it is not a good look in 2021, trust me.

7. Burned the bridge that Christina has CLEARLY been trying to build between herself and Britney for the last 10-15 years. Yes, yes, Christina said some shady and mean things about Britney in the past. But even as many of you Britney fans have acknowledged, she's been saying nothing but nice and respectful things about Britney for the last decade or so. She's discussed wanting to reconnect with her and possibly collaborate on a song (check the Jimmy Kimmel and Andy Cohen interviews). SHE FOLLOWED HER ON INSTAGRAM.  If Britney doesn't want to forgive Christina for decades-old slights, that's one thing - just pay her dust then and keep ignoring her like she's been doing. But to ignore all the nice things Christina has been saying for years and then all of a sudden lash out at the girl with some fabricated nonsense is an entirely different matter.

Stop it with the BS y'all, just admit that Britney screwed up. Most of the general public recognizes this...hopefully the majority of y'all will too (and it doesn't mean you have to turn in your Britney stan card)

“Unhinged”? I know I didn’t just read that on a Britney Spears fan-forum when the good sis just got free’d from what I can personally only compare to mental imprisonment💀

• Like 2
1 hour ago, justhanging said:

Christina knew though. She had an abusive father and she could've empathized with Britney's situation more considering they were best friends when they were little. 

Frankly, she should have spoken out far earlier because of that reason alone. Miley and Cher spoke out way in advance and they don't even know Britney and her father's relationship as well. 

I can see why Britney took it personally with her. 

Plus the GP is being awful considering this woman has gone through torture for 13 years straight. No one should be coming for her. 

I've defended Britney making this post because I understand she is in a very vulnerable & raw state, likely with lots of PTSD but I don't understand the fanbase's obsession with other celebrities speaking on Britney's situation. 

First, because Britney doesn't need it - she has her legion of devoted fans & that's enough.

Second, Hollywood is not built on anything but people trampling all over each other for their own 15 minutes in the spotlight. You're not going to find much empathy or solidarity for anyone there.

Christina hasn't had a relationship with Britney since they were children. Them being on the Mickey Mouse club together for 2-3 years or however long it was does NOT mean Christina has incredible & far-reaching insight  into Britney's family dynamics. They were simply child coworkers on an incredible high living their dreams. 

Britney said herself during her testimony that the nature of her conservatorship has akin to human trafficking. By her own family. That alone made it very difficult for ANY onlooker to have seen the situation for what it truly was. Including, yes, even the fans. I've been lurking this forum for a long time and the first time I remember seeing the conservatorship being discussed as a primary reason as to why Britney is a shadow of her former self was over a decade ago.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, xxxstudwatch said:

You can not have it both ways! If Christina is not just a 'random pop girl' then why isn't Britney aware of the signals Christina has been sending for the last decade or so that she basically to wants be cool/reconnect/collaborate?

OR why hasn't someone on Britney's team made her aware of Christina overtures so that she doesn't make embarrassing mistakes like she did with that IG story? Yes, like you said, they do have a unique, long history and Britney (or someone on her team) is clearly keeping tabs on what Christina is doing and saying since she reposted that Latin Grammys clip so quickly on her Instagram.

And I shared a lot of context about why what Britney did was extremely rude. Is she or you so petty and/or unforgiving that when someone (Christina) perhaps realizes that they were unnecessarily shady towards you and they've been trying to correct their behavior for the past decade or so, you not only ignore them for years, you then put them on blast too to your millions of followers?

I'm really trying to be empathetic and patient with you all as you try to defend your queen, but it is hard when you are not reasonable. Of course Britney can say whatever she wants, but now that the conservatorship is done, people are going to hold her accountable, hence the mini-backlash she's received (and I say mini because like I said before, Britney still has the benefit of the doubt from most of the general public and the media because of how iconic she is and the difficulty of her situation).  

Again you aren't listening...I didn't say Britney wasn't aware of Christina's overtures although to be honest she could be...I said maybe she found them disingenuous because Christina only really started making them once Britney had no control over her life...I don't think what she said was that rude...it was what she felt...I do agree it was unnecessary to make her feelings public because the media and ppl like you would exploit it but also Britney is still getting used to her freedom so I get it...

Again I really don't care what you are trying to do...and you calling Britney my Queen is funny considering you are the one who had to bring yourself over here because you have no forum community of your own...poor little tink tink...just get over it already...

6 hours ago, britsbubblegum said:

Can we please go and spam the comments with hearts. Idk if you guys checked it but everybody is leaving snake emojis. I get some people disagree with what she said but WHY THE F is she a snake?? I don't like the fact that Britney will be overwhelmed with hate and not know that some people understand where she's coming from. 

Britney is the snake charmer. Remember Slave for You VMAs?

What Britney posted was wrong, but I felt like she's just been very uninformed. She probably didn't see those who supported her way before the conservatorship is over. Back when Xtina showed her supports, Britney was trying to free herself, there's just too much going on.  

Hope she seeks therapy and all the helps she can get. Stop posting on social media for awhile.

She could sit down do Oprah interview or a documentary to tell her story herself to give the public more insight on the 13 yr long abusive conservatorship.

The public seems to already forget that Shes only been freed recently, less than a month from a 13 yr conservatorship. 

Hope Britney learned her lessons, and tell her story to the public so people can understand her situation. 

Also, she's been posting about her family and lou deserved in jail.... Is she going to sue them ? or do anything ? or team con is walking free? 

Christina has always been jealous of Britney’s success. Britney’s name has been in Christina’s mouth her full career. I’m not trusting Britney said this until I hear it come out of her mouth but truthfully I wouldn’t be surprised if Britney didn’t have the kindest things to say about Christina. She literally dragged Britney her full career not to mention going on tour with B’s ex-boyfriend. 

Christina has dished it out meanwhile Britney has risen above it. I wouldn’t blame her for cracking

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, xxxstudwatch said:

Come on, let's keep it real. What Britney did was mean and catty and frankly, unhinged. Let's look at the totality of what Britney did:

1. Shared an out-of-context clip of Christina Aguilera to create the impression that Christina has never spoken out about the conservatorship, when in fact Christina released a lengthy and compassionate statement in June in support of Britney. 

2. She basically called Christina a liar

3. Christina was on a hectic, high stress red carpet.  Her publicist announced her red carpet interviews were over before she received the Britney question. She was being rushed inside by the Latin Grammy award organizers yet still had time with the few seconds she had to congratulate Britney. 

4. To top it all off, she pits Christina against Lady Gaga by sharing their clips side by side. I'm sure many of you remember that besides Britney, the only other pop star Christina has had to suffer through unfair comparisons with is Lady Gaga. 

5. Think about it...Britney was punching down with that IG story. Christina is less popular then Britney, has less followers on social media, doesn't have a sympathetic media in her back pocket like Britney. She then spreads fake news about Christina which she should know would encourage her legion of fans to attack her. 

6. Christina is making a return to Latin music and is trying to generate positive headlines about that. This was her moment, and Britney made it all about her for absolutely no reason. That is KAREN behavior, and it is not a good look in 2021, trust me.

7. Burned the bridge that Christina has CLEARLY been trying to build between herself and Britney for the last 10-15 years. Yes, yes, Christina said some shady and mean things about Britney in the past. But even as many of you Britney fans have acknowledged, she's been saying nothing but nice and respectful things about Britney for the last decade or so. She's discussed wanting to reconnect with her and possibly collaborate on a song (check the Jimmy Kimmel and Andy Cohen interviews). SHE FOLLOWED HER ON INSTAGRAM.  If Britney doesn't want to forgive Christina for decades-old slights, that's one thing - just pay her dust then and keep ignoring her like she's been doing. But to ignore all the nice things Christina has been saying for years and then all of a sudden lash out at the girl with some fabricated nonsense is an entirely different matter.

Stop it with the BS y'all, just admit that Britney screwed up. Most of the general public recognizes this...hopefully the majority of y'all will too (and it doesn't mean you have to turn in your Britney stan card)

I read the first few sentence of this post and I didn't agree so I'm not going to waste my time reading all of that.. but thank you for your opinion I appreciate it the time you spent

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block