The Britney Jean Album Appreciation Thread!

2 hours ago, JayTawndre said:

Sis I can't with the subtle shade :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

I still appreciate you! :demi_lipstick_flirt_red_pink_makeup:

if it's all to praise Britney Jean, I'm here for it :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

great album indeed :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I remember fans fighting each other to decide which would be the third single (or fourth, because we all assumed Alien was gonna be the third). I remember all the campaigns to request the songs on the radio too. I managed to make NTIFY get some plays in some stations :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

if it's all to praise Britney Jean, I'm here for it :tiffhair_miss_ms_new_york_ny_fix_hair_nodding_listening:

great album indeed :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: I remember fans fighting each other to decide which would be the third single (or fourth, because we all assumed Alien was gonna be the third). I remember all the campaigns to request the songs on the radio too. I managed to make NTIFY get some plays in some stations :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

If only you put the same energy in the Glory too :howdareyou_meme_cat:

• Haha 4
4 minutes ago, FreeBritBrit said:

If only you put the same energy in the Glory too :howdareyou_meme_cat:

you mean back then or now? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think back then the circumstances were different. 2016 started as a such a good year and there was so much anticipation for the album. But then it was so messy with the release of MM, then no other single until Slumber Party came out months later. I think it was all very confusing, I think we all assumed they were gonna do more with it. I don't think anyone thought Slumber Party was gonna be the last single, until time went by and we just suddenly realized the era was over months ago. There were no radio campaigns or anything, because it was all now focused on streaming, not to mention radio was refusing to play MM. 

But if you're talking about now, I think, I don't need to do more, Glory is very praised in here, even during the re-release last year, people kept praising it. I've always said it's my third favorite album. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: There are just so many good songs on it. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

OMG I had a radio station in Perris, CA area play Body Ache and Don't Cry! People loved it and would request it for a week :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

I made this thread because I love Britney Jean. Pokemon Spears, sis, please don't look at me as the Demi Lovato of Exhale. Look at me thru non biased vibe eyes :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I stan you! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

you mean back then or now? :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think back then the circumstances were different. 2016 started as a such a good year and there was so much anticipation for the album. But then it was so messy with the release of MM, then no other single until Slumber Party came out months later. I think it was all very confusing, I think we all assumed they were gonna do more with it. I don't think anyone thought Slumber Party was gonna be the last single, until time went by and we just suddenly realized the era was over months ago. There were no radio campaigns or anything, because it was all now focused on streaming, not to mention radio was refusing to play MM. 

But if you're talking about now, I think, I don't need to do more, Glory is very praised in here, even during the re-release last year, people kept praising it. I've always said it's my third favorite album. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: There are just so many good songs on it. 

Glory is a great record :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, JayTawndre said:

OMG I had a radio station in Perris, CA area play Body Ache and Don't Cry! People loved it and would request it for a week :katybelt_perry_witness_yelling_singing:

I made this thread because I love Britney Jean. Pokemon Spears, sis, please don't look at me as the Demi Lovato of Exhale. Look at me thru non biased vibe eyes :mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

I stan you! 

Yeah a lot of songs got played. 

Then there were some songs that were in fact sent to radio, as a sort of testing or whatever. So when you entered the forms, under the Britney section you would see Work ***** and Perfume because those were the singles, and then the classics like Slave, Toxic, Oops, and then the textbox where you could request any song not listed there. But there were some stations that did list more BJ tracks other than the singles, mostly it was Alien, but there were other songs like Don't Cry, Body Ache, It Should Be Easy, etc.

I was one of the few rooting for NTIFY :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: the one I remember was actually a station from Toronto, they would send me an e-mail every time they played it :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: But I think it was confirmed it got played in some stations in the US too. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

Yeah a lot of songs got played. 

Then there were some songs that were in fact sent to radio, as a sort of testing or whatever. So when you entered the forms, under the Britney section you would see Work ***** and Perfume because those were the singles, and then the classics like Slave, Toxic, Oops, and then the textbox where you could request any song not listed there. But there were some stations that did list more BJ tracks other than the singles, mostly it was Alien, but there were other songs like Don't Cry, Body Ache, It Should Be Easy, etc.

I was one of the few rooting for NTIFY :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: the one I remember was actually a station from Toronto, they would send me an e-mail every time they played it :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white: But I think it was confirmed it got played in some stations in the US too. 

NTIFY would have SMASHED all charts. That sound was very popular during the time. It's a beautiful song. I feel it's all Britney on that track. This whole album is just so overlooked :otears_oprah_crying_tissue_napkin_tears_sobbing_sad:

Passenger is so beautiful. I'm listening to BJ right now and even the production is Sick AF and I can't stop gagging, sis :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

I'll agree that it really wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

We should just count ourselves lucky that the biggest let-down of her career was due to the lack of Britney herself on the album, other fanbases have to grapple with the fact that their fave was 100% fully invested in delivering a horrid flop record. Joanne I'm looking at you, sweetie.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I'll agree that it really wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

We should just count ourselves lucky that the biggest let-down of her career was due to the lack of Britney herself on the album, other fanbases have to grapple with the fact that their fave was 100% fully invested in delivering a horrid flop record. Joanne I'm looking at you, sweetie.

I liked Joanne :eheeek_britney_unsure_ew_gross_um_awkward_embarrassed_cringe:

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

weirdly enough i've been listening to it quite a lot recently since youtube has been recommending it

It could be a medium good album instead of a terrible one if the songs were more like Passenger, Alien and Don't Cry instead of tr4sh like tik tik boom, till it's gone or it should be easy, but at the same time those make more sense to be in an album with WB as a lead. it's also contradictory that the lead ballad, Perfume, has lyrics that sound so cringy like: "i'm gonna mark my territory"

What is britney? A dog? She's a legend she should have lyrics that are powerful and well thought, if she doesn't write them someone else can do it for her, is that really the best Sia could do? 

If bj was her 'introspective' album and if she sang the songs like passenger or alien live she could've gotten a mid-succesfull era instead of a flop one and one that the fans don't get war flashbacks when they think of it like I do. Or she could've gotten an era full of electronic trashy songs with sick visuals like work b
But BJ was neither, it wasn't full introspective or melodic since the mid tempos and ballads are either not sung by britney or just bad, and it's not flashy or poppy since the faster songs are terrible or impossible to listen to.
Don't even get me started on songs like Now That I Found You. Avicii wakes up to haunt a b-army every time that song gets a stream. 

Basketball Wives Ugh GIF by VH1

• Haha 2