The Britney Jean Album Appreciation Thread!

34 minutes ago, Haha-Hehe-Haha-Ho said:

I'll agree that it really wasn't as bad as some people make it out to be.

We should just count ourselves lucky that the biggest let-down of her career was due to the lack of Britney herself on the album, other fanbases have to grapple with the fact that their fave was 100% fully invested in delivering a horrid flop record. Joanne I'm looking at you, sweetie.

no main pop girl album is as bad or embarrasing as britney jean, not even the latest ones from Katy. BJ just makes no sense. You might not love Joanne but at least it has a concept, britney jean was just a mix of bad songs thrown together 

• Haha 1

overall I think the good songs on this album are really good and the bad ones are really bad. Honestly production wise this album is more my tastes than Glory, but unfortunately the Brit involvement seems 🤷‍♀️ Overall I enjoy it for a weird funky listen :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

here’s my ranking (5 hearts is the highest)

ALIEN - 💖💖💖💖💖

WB - 💖💖💖💖💖

PERFUME - 💖💖💖💖💖

ISBE - 💖💖💖

TTB - 💖💖💖💖

BA - 💖💖💖💖💖

TIG - 💖💖

P - 💖💖💖

CWU - 💖

DC - 💖💖

BMS - 💖💖

HOT - 💖💖💖💖💖

NTIFU - 💖💖💖💖💖

PDR - 💖💖

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, kfitz421 said:

overall I think the good songs on this album are really good and the bad ones are really bad. Honestly production wise this album is more my tastes than Glory, but unfortunately the Brit involvement seems 🤷‍♀️ Overall I enjoy it for a weird funky listen :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm:

here’s my ranking (5 hearts is the highest)

ALIEN - 💖💖💖💖💖

WB - 💖💖💖💖💖

PERFUME - 💖💖💖💖💖

ISBE - 💖💖💖

TTB - 💖💖💖💖

BA - 💖💖💖💖💖

TIG - 💖💖

P - 💖💖💖

CWU - 💖

DC - 💖💖

BMS - 💖💖

HOT - 💖💖💖💖💖

NTIFU - 💖💖💖💖💖

PDR - 💖💖

TIG is so good!!! Omg I can't :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, JayTawndre said:

TIG is so good!!! Omg I can't :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

Idk what it is about it I just feel like that one definitely is not her - and it’s just a little too emo meets trashy electro pop for my tastes (and this is coming from someone who likes emo music and trash music, but this blend does not work!)

• Haha 1

The songs are bad. The musical direction is abysmal. The vocal production on songs like Alien, Hold on Tight and Brightest Morning Star is clunky as hell. This album should've never existed. It is a stain on an otherwise incredible discography. I don't even care Britney doesn't sing on it - it's the quality control that is absolutely missing here. Britney deserved better and so did her fans.

With that said, I kinda like Body Ache.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, Lemon said:

The songs are bad. The musical direction is abysmal. The vocal production on songs like Alien, Hold on Tight and Brightest Morning Star is clunky as hell. This album should've never existed. It is a stain on an otherwise incredible discography. I don't even care Britney doesn't sing on it - it's the quality control that is absolutely missing here. Britney deserved better and so did her fans.

With that said, I kinda like Body Ache.

Body Ache is a bop that I've stanned since release :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Sanburi said:

I wish this album has never existed. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

It could have been an EP with 3 songs:

Work *****

Alien (Orbit's version)

Perfume (dreaming mix)

:nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

I love Passenger, Don’t Cry, Brightest Morning Star, Now that I found you…lately it should be easy is growing on me 

• Love 1

I definitely don’t hate the album at all, it’s not so bad as people around here like to say. It’s grown on me over the years, and I’m kinda into it when I’m not in a mood to listen to Britney at the moment. I got the pink and blue splatter vinyl that I like to listen to and it elevates the album for me a bit. It’s my only Britney vinyl that doesn’t skip..  :orangu_orangutan_ape:

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

I definitely don’t hate the album at all, it’s not so bad as people around here like to say. It’s grown on me over the years, and I’m kinda into it when I’m not in a mood to listen to Britney at the moment. I got the pink and blue splatter vinyl that I like to listen to and it elevates the album for me a bit. It’s my only Britney vinyl that doesn’t skip..  :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Yes thank you. 

This record sounds great over the years. It aged well. I listened to it twice today! :brityes_britney_yes_nodding::drinky_cheers_wine_smoke_bubbles_sunglasses_nod_tea_sip:

• Love 1

I just can't! I keep thinking with time maybe it will grow on me. But it's still too painful.:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

I get what you're saying about "pretend it's EP" since there's a handful of tracks I don't mind.  I wish they did just release a cute little EP along with the Vegas launch..now that would have worked. But calling it Britney Jean and saying it's her most personal work to me just set it up for disaster.

The only BJ songs I listen to and don't skip are "Work Beep".... which contains one of the greatest Britney lyrics of all time "Cause I am the bad *****, the ***** that you'll never know!" :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

"Alien" is cute, but I like the demo better without the demolished vocals.

"Perfume" wait I actually love tbh. Just realized this. 

and this version of "Don't Cry"':

gives me Britney era Rockney vibes when it's more guitar heavy like this. just so much better.

Other than that I cannot listen.

• Love 1
  • Like 1