The Britney Jean Album Appreciation Thread!

19 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

You really think Britney relates to Passenger, singing about someone else taking the wheel of her life? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously: That the album really is personal despite her not even singing all of it? :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

well, independently of everything that people say about the album or the song, I think those lyrics in particular, well, I've always interpreted them more like trusting someone in a relationship, rather than letting them control you or your life :yaknow_britney_xfactor_X_factor_talk_tell_chat_you_know:

Or as Britney would explain it:

• Love 1

I orignally was feeling Britney Jean, but as time went on, I found more and more issue with it. Primarily, the absence of Britney herself. The album is over-produced, the songs are corny, and her vocals just seem so bored (when its her and not Myah). The album felt uninspired and like such a trend hop. I will say there are definitely gems here, but lost in so much muck. It works better with just having some of the songs on a playlist. I just can't with all the robot. 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:22 AM, mr. ferret said:

I wish this album has never existed. :juggingu_britney_hat_meme_neyde:

It could have been an EP with 3 songs:

Work *****

Alien (Orbit's version)

Perfume (dreaming mix)

:nynod_miss_new_york_ms_nodding_yes_yas_agree:

Oh my god these are literally the tracks I was going to reference! 😂

• Like 1

This is such a difficult album to love. 😂

On one hand, ‘Work *****’ is iconic. But on the other hand this album produced ‘Chillin With You’, ‘Passenger’ (which has Brit’s vocals run through so many vocoders it’s just cringe), ‘Tik Tik Boom’ and ‘Don’t Cry’…. All of which were a hot mess. 

It’s hard though, as much as I don’t love this project in it’s totality, the original version of Orbit’s ‘Alien’ was stunning, ‘Perfume’ (Dreaming Mix) remains stunning, ‘Body Ache’ was catchy as hell …. Idk. I also feel ‘It Should Be Easy’,  and ‘Till It’s Gone’ were great, maybe not for a Britney solo record, but maybe as will.i.am featuring Britney? Maybe that’s the key frustration with this record… it was supposed to be a vulnerable one, hence the personal name, however it just feels like an experimental record where the label just threw so many sounds at her to see what might stick next?