The Britney Jean Album Appreciation Thread!

7 minutes ago, femmepop said:

I just can't! I keep thinking with time maybe it will grow on me. But it's still too painful.:gross_britney_ew_sick_red_sunglasses_cringe_disgusted:

I get what you're saying about "pretend it's EP" since there's a handful of tracks I don't mind.  I wish they did just release a cute little EP along with the Vegas launch..now that would have worked. But calling it Britney Jean and saying it's her most personal work to me just set it up for disaster.

The only BJ songs I listen to and don't skip are "Work Beep".... which contains one of the greatest Britney lyrics of all time "Cause I am the bad *****, the ***** that you'll never know!" :fu_britney_flipping_off_finger_mad:

"Alien" is cute, but I like the demo better without the demolished vocals.

"Perfume" wait I actually love tbh. Just realized this. 

and this version of "Don't Cry"':

gives me Britney era Rockney vibes when it's more guitar heavy like this. just so much better.

Other than that I cannot listen.

I like your thoughts tbh :howiroll_beyonce_telling_talking_chatting_preaching_white_shirt_hands:

• Love 1

Honestly it’s not a bad album. Lots of vocal production flaws but if you are able to look past them for a bit it’s not the *worst* album pop music has to offer. Idk why so many people hate the robotic effect It Should Be Easy has. In my opinion it’s one of the strongest tracks on the album (plus it’s distinctly Britney the entire time, despite the vocoder effect being so heavily present). I think it would’ve smashed as a single. 

Its biggest problem is that it lacks Britney’s personality. It’s such a bland album. It’s missing those special touches like random Britney adlibs of her moans, whispers, and harmonies that made all her albums before such stand outs. Even for the tracks she was present for, it’s almost like she came to the studio, laid down a single layer of vocals, and bounced before anything else could take place. 

I know it’s a mixed bag for fans and while I agree it lacks any “personal songs”/lyrics that made Britney’s previous albums REALLY special, Glory was just a far better album. While the songs didn’t seem “personal”, the ones that were present were the embodiment of Britney’s fun personality that we just hadn’t seen in SUCH a long time. There’s so many special layers in all of the songs on Glory that make Britney Jean just pale in comparison. Plus her artistry for the eras were just so starkly different. I love that the David LaChapelle shoot was distinctly her idea and was the signature dark and **** Britney that we all got to know over the years. Also, the fact that Work *****’s video is set in the Vegas desert and it’s all like high fashion and a promotion for her residency is so funny when you compare it to the original Make Me video which is also set in the Vegas desert except here Britney is depicted as prisoner, and that was the video where she had more say.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, studlygeorge said:

Honestly it’s not a bad album. Lots of vocal production flaws but if you are able to look past them for a bit it’s not the *worst* album pop music has to offer. Idk why so many people hate the robotic effect It Should Be Easy has. In my opinion it’s one of the strongest tracks on the album (plus it’s distinctly Britney the entire time, despite the vocoder effect being so heavily present). I think it would’ve smashed as a single. 

Its biggest problem is that it likes Britney’s personality. It’s such a bland album. It’s missing those special touches like random Britney adlibs of her moans, whispers, and harmonies that made all her albums before such stand outs. Even for the tracks she was present for, it’s almost like she came to the studio, laid down a single layer of vocals, and bounced before anything else could take place. 

I know it’s a mixed bag for fans and while I agree it lacks any “personal songs”/lyrics that made Britney’s previous albums REALLY special, Glory was just a far better album. While the songs didn’t seem “personal”, the ones that were present were the embodiment of Britney’s fun personality that we just hadn’t seen in SUCH a long time. There’s so many special layers in all of the songs on Glory that make Britney Jean just pale in comparison. Plus her artistry for the eras were just so starkly different. I love that the David LaChapelle shoot was distinctly her idea and was the signature dark and **** Britney that we all got to know over the years. Also, the fact that Work *****’s video is set in the Vegas desert and it’s all like high fashion and a promotion for her residency is so funny when you compare it to the original Make Me video which is also set in the Vegas desert except here Britney is depicted as prisoner, and that was the video where she had more say.

It's a good album shaded by judgement and messiness :queenriri_rihanna_red_wave_carpet_smile:

The only thing that shocked me about this album was that there was no shocking moment in it. It seems like a more subtle approach was taken and less hype other than Work. Seemed like the focus was on Britneys artistry and knack for subtlety as a pop artist.  At first, I didn’t get Work but enjoyed working out to it and the video was cool which I wished they went further with and not just in a explicit way. The mirrors in the desert and exploding clones was an interesting direction. The songs that jumped out to me right away were “it should be easy”, “till it’s gone”, and “now that I found you” with “now that I found you” being my favorite especially because of the mix of sounds and hopeful theme. Years later, it’s “now that I’ve found you” is still my favorite and I’ve started liking “don’t cry” and “alien” much more lol. It’s a melancholic pop record that’s grown on me. I can’t believe how fast time has flown since…I remember not getting as into this record as much as her others before because I didn’t want any more sadness in my life at the time than I already had at the time and it felt like she might quit music altogether, settle down and fade away into the obscurity of the conservatorship and family life at that point, which kinda took the wind out of my already struggling sails. I was just starting my early twenties and alot of my peers were seeming overwhelmed and deflated after getting too far “in the zone” and “blacked out” in our teens and coming out of our consumption comas in the middle of a technological/internet “Circus”lol Alot of us were already tired of all the learning and fighting just to survive and we were still so young. 2012/13 felt apocalyptic in some similar ways to now in 2021. Turns out, it was just a turn in life and I was learning resiliency. I’d rise to the occasion and go even further and thrive in ways I never imagined. I learned to listen to my heart and I would find love like never before and break it again lol That said, this record is special to me and has grown on me in a deeper way than her other albums. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Anticonformity said:

This was made and no tagging me? britney spears bai GIF

I've stanned this album since it dropped back in 2013... I am literally all over the internet stanning it on reddit, forums, Twitter (rip my old account), IG, etc...

Fave album ever and it has her best song and my fave song EVER: Now That I Found You
Britney Spears Dancing GIF

Where have you been all my life, sis?! :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, Henry M. Torres said:

I don't know if we can be friends after these words :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: Words have huge power, remember that... and you can't take them back :crying3_britney_sobbing_tears_sad: You hurt me too much

Don't give up on me! We can agree to disagree sweetie! :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm::yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad:

Also I've got a new song coming Friday! Here's a preview :forkit_britney_ice_cream_ellen_glory_eating_yum_spoon_food: