Britney fans - Do you like Aaliyah?

I like Aaliyah and her music but I feel like people (especially pop fans) really overestimate and exaggerate her success. She was nowhere near Brandy’s success at her peak. People keep talking about how they believe she would’ve rivaled Beyoncé and would’ve been the biggest artist alive had she lived but I personally feel like she would’ve faded away just like Brandy and Monica did. No doubt she was phenomenally talented but people just have this god-like respect for her because she passed away.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, FemmeFataleBrit said:

I like Aaliyah and her music but I feel like people (especially pop fans) really overestimate and exaggerate her success. She was nowhere near Brandy’s success at her peak. People keep talking about how they believe she would’ve rivaled Beyoncé and would’ve been the biggest artist alive had she lived but I personally feel like she would’ve faded away just like Brandy and Monica did. No doubt she was phenomenally talented but people just have this god-like respect for her because she passed away.

pll have this respect for her Bc in the blk community or for poc...she was becoming like a Britney. Aaliyah was that girl believe it or not. She went from tomboy to glam and went more n more mainstream she had 2 major movies out and got a role in the matrix ..n there was soooo much hype for the matrix then. Tommy hillfiger even based his collection of her aesthetic n style... she also won an mtv music award beating out Britney... she also I believe performed at the Grammys at a very young age... she blew up crazy towards her last album n then it just ended. She was also in a high profile relationship between Damon dash n jayz.. 

• Love 2

Aside from Britney and Lana, she comes in third as my most favorite female artist. She had a special aura and glow that made her stand out amongst the rest of her peers. She was the closest thing to real-life angel who was sadly taken away from us too soon. Also, people seem to forget that Aaliyah passed before she even hit her peak. She’s undeniably a genius and one of the biggest icons in not only music but fashion of the 1990s and early 2000s. A true prodigy. I mean, the fact that she only had 3 studio albums under her belt and was less than a decade into her career yet she’s still one of the most celebrated entertainers of all time and her presence continues to be felt in today’s musical landscape. If that isn’t longevity and impact, I don’t know what is.

• Love 2

Aaliyah was and still is THAT GIRL. She reached a level of success very early where she would have been JLO or Beyonce level of artistry. People have to understand that her getting huge movie roles, inspiring countless fashion trends and a very successful music career so young wasn’t easy for black women back then. She set the standard for a lot of people today  

music video we need a resolution mv GIF

• Love 3