Britney fans - Do you like Aaliyah?

Don't believe people who say her success was overestimated or she wouldn't be anywhere today.

Aaliyah fans and people who followed her closely knew how devoted she was to her career. She loved the hell out of everything she did. She was BOOKED before passing away. She was promoting all over Europe, she had been in Japan, Australia... She was going to be on The Matrix and co-starring Sparkle with Whitney Houston. She was looking forward to touring the Red album, keep pushing in the acting department (her acting was praised by critics in a time where singers like Britney and Mariah were dragged to the pits of hell), start a fashion line and even a videogame.

Homegirl wasn't the typical girl who wanted to have a family early on and retire. She had big goals, she felt extremely blessed for being able to do what she did and wanted to excel in it.

She was original, she didn't want to be like anybody or work with the producers everyone was working with. No one knows where she would be today but I'm sure she didn't reach her full potential and she would still be artistically active today.

I love her peers like Brandy but they didn't have what she had. No one had what she had.

I can see why many Britney fans loved her too. There are a lot of similarities between them, I feel like they could've been great friends.

• Love 7