Why didn’t they release the Outrageous video?

Probably due to marketing issues. The Onyx Hotel Tour and the ITZ album promotion was abruptly cancelled. The GH album was a 5 minutes solution they came up with. So releasing a 4th single at the same time or at least almost immediately before a lead single of an upcoming GH album would have been a mess. Ofc, the went for the latter option since ITZ had already done great numbers by summer 2004. 

• Love 3

A lot of false info being thrown around in here.

Britney never wanted it as a single, but it was one of those dumb label requirements.

Not enough footage was filmed before she was injured, hence why it was never slapped together.

The useable footage they did get was put out on the Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD.

It was never meant as a single for GH: MP otherwise they would have re-recorded it.

I wish that they had just let Britney have her way and just release and record a video for Breathe On Me instead.

I doubt she would have sustained any injuries on that video.

• Love 3
  • Like 1

As far as i remember it was supposed to be the title track of the  soundtrack for the 2004 Cat Woman movie with Halle Berry staring in it.. It was supposed to be released as a remixed version (Junkie XL Catwoman Mix Edit).. but her injury happened and the marketing strategy didn't work out .. there was also a movie trailer , but wasn't able to find it ... if u see this scene, u understand the basket ball scene with Snoop and Britney

• Like 1

Outrageous should never have been the single. Britney wasn’t feeling it and tbh I think it’s quite mediocre. Breathe On Me was the natural single. 

I remember going as far back as 2004 there was always chat of a Greatest Hits coming even before the Outrageous drama. She had racked up many hits and 4 albums worth of material so I’m sure that was happening anyway

• Love 1

If this would have happened during the CON she would have gone straight back to filming the video, but she has choices and more power of decision, so I guess she did wanted that well deserved break. Considering Outrageous was part of Cat Woman soundtrack (and so, a promotional single for the film) did not make much sense to put the effort and coins months later.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, now.watch.me said:

But also, I read somewhere that there were rumors of a Greatest Hits album for late 2004 way before she the knee injury, can anyone confirm this? If that's true, that might explain them not caring about Outrageous... maybe

There were rumours of a Greatest Hits album. Plus, there’s Chaotic footage of her on the Onyx Hotel tour reciting the opening “people can take everything away from you” verse to the camera, so it seems the song existed or was being discussed as early as then

Well I remember Jive/Larry insisted they did not have enough footage for a full video, which I kinda want to believe based off the fact we only got the small clip in the Greatest Hits: My Prerogative DVD.

Although that clip was missing most of the scenes Britney shot in the trenchcoat (except a brief appearance at the beginning of the clip). So who knows.

Either way, Britney was tired and was at a point in her career where she wanted to take a break.

• Like 1