[UPDATED] Netflix's 'Britney vs Spears' stream + comment party

1 minute ago, IRunAway said:

It’s a slow burn but we need to realize a lot of people who know nothing will be watching this.  They’re doing a good job at being FAIR journalists so far.

I don’t think it is fair. I agree that there is a point explaining everything from the beginning but as a journalist you set a narrative and this narrative starts with “Britney was spiralling out of control, she needed to be controlled, but then that control persisted”. Just that alone is very abusive and s**ist. We have Justin Timberlake and Chris Martin punching paparazzis just because they spotted them, they weren’t even being followed. We have Justin Bieber who bought m*** on the street in a rough area, we had the Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelines bathing in ***** and groupies, trashing hotel rooms, thinking they were Gods. It is very misogynistic to problematise that a female artist did 5% of what male ones have done all of the time. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
Just now, nebel55 said:

Finally they talk about Larry

I gotta say though the Deep Dive docus were the best 

As much as I like deep dive. Their docs are meant for fans. The public don't care about the rest of the stuff in their docs, like the music, shows etc. 

• Love 1
  • Like 1