The iconic Britney 'stare'

Slayer

I remember something about this. One of those who "discovered her" (someone in the industry that worked with her before signing a deal) said that there was something in Britney's eyes, the fierceness, the strength, something that only a few have and that made him feel that Britney was going to be something big. Anyone knows what I mean? I think I saw that in a documentary or interview about her beginnings.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, HolyTrinity said:

I remember something about this. One of those who "discovered her" (someone in the industry that worked with her before signing a deal) said that there was something in Britney's eyes, the fierceness, the strength, something that only a few have and that made him feel that Britney was going to be something big. Anyone knows what I mean? I think I saw that in a documentary or interview about her beginnings.

I know what your talking about. It was the guy at Jive to whom she auditioned.

He was the third and last music exec she met before giving up and going back home.

The guy said Britney’s singing didn’t impress him, that she was off key, but that he noticed “the stare”. The way she would look down to the floor and then up to him caught his attention. He decided signed Britney just for that stare.

I miss that stare.  I could never multi-task when watching her performances because her stare would just command all my attention.

I'm sure she'll do it again. It's difficult to do that when you have these boring step-by-step choregraphed performances that don't flow naturally to her body movements.  

• Love 1
5 hours ago, SPEED28 said:

I know what your talking about. It was the guy at Jive to whom she auditioned.

He was the third and last music exec she met before giving up and going back home.

The guy said Britney’s singing didn’t impress him, that she was off key, but that he noticed “the stare”. The way she would look down to the floor and then up to him caught his attention. He decided signed Britney just for that stare.

YESSSSSS exactly this! 

He wasn't wrong tho :endit_sunglasses_fab_yas_queen:

• Love 1