Lorde releases new album “Solar Power”

51 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Ok, @Rik, I don't know what you're on about. I'm relistening to it, and it totally sounds like the 00s. The only thing that takes me out of the fantasy is Lorde's signature harmonies, but it's not a Lorde song without them. :gunney:

Ok tbh I needed to sit with it for an hour and think ok…  it doesn’t sound 2000s per say but it does sound like Jessica simpsons With You actually. Actually I can see why ppl are saying that 

:yesokay_britney_blush_blink: my apologies send ***** 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Yikes, Solar Power is getting a lot of mixed and even bad reviews:

Metacritic 67/100[57]

67 based on 9 reviews is like really bad for someone like Lorde. I'm worried. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: For context, Pure Heroine got a score of 79, and Melodrama got a 91, which is insanely good. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

I listened to it back to back, just finished, I was counting down the days, loved the singles (okay, SATNS not that much--), buuut. I felt a little let down by it. Big time, actually. The lyrics are dry, the melodies are messy. I love Fallen Fruit, that one's interesting melody-wise and Mood Ring. Her lyrics are very too specific, almost only about being rich and pretty, I feel

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

I listened to it back to back, just finished, I was counting down the days, loved the singles (okay, SATNS not that much--), buuut. I felt a little let down by it. Big time, actually. The lyrics are dry, the melodies are messy. I love Fallen Fruit, that one's interesting melody-wise and Mood Ring. Her lyrics are very too specific, almost only about being rich and pretty, I feel

I've only listened to it once, and I was listening to it while playing video games, so I don't really remember anything. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink: I'll cleanse my palate with Tinashe's 333 and then give it another shot. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

• Haha 3

I didn’t like it much on first two listens, it’s growing on me slightly. It does sound 2000s like others have mentioned.

Stoned at the Nail Salon might be my favorite song of 2021, so that’s going to be hard to beat.

As of now, my ranking is:

1. Stoned at the Nail Salon (favorite)
  2. Solar Power
  3. Mood Ring (least favorite)
  • Love 2
On 8/17/2021 at 10:44 PM, MikeHunt said:

3rd single? Didnt the first single off the album just come out? She's really flopping this era :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek:

Errr but it wasn't like Melodrama had success of that of Oops I Did It Again or 1989. Her only big moment was Royals and the Grammys and from thereon, she developed a cult fanbase. Of course she was bound to decline :rlynow_britney_really_clasped_um_ok_seriously:

• Like 1
On 8/17/2021 at 11:17 PM, I Always Sing Live said:

Wow, I'm loving this. Solar Power is still awesome. I liked the second track at first, but it hasn't really held up that well. This one, though... Omg, it's so good. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised: I love this whole new age thing she's been going for as of late, and the music is also giving me slight 00s vibes. Can't really put my finger on it, though. :idkney_britney_glory_carpool_karaoke_unsure_idk_nervous:

I will be listening to the album but this post confuses me as I thought first I was going to expect 70s psychedelic music? :orangu_orangutan_ape: What's the truth now, ae-

ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Yikes, Solar Power is getting a lot of mixed and even bad reviews:

Metacritic 67/100[57]

67 based on 9 reviews is like really bad for someone like Lorde. I'm worried. :ohmygawd_britney_omg_shocked_wow_holy_crap_gasp_shocked_itz_in_the_zone_white: For context, Pure Heroine got a score of 79, and Melodrama got a 91, which is insanely good. :omggg_shocked_hand_old_lady_woman_surprised:

It has increased to 73%. Manifesting for 80%+ even though I haven't listened to it yet  ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Blackout2006 said:

I will be listening to the album but this post confuses me as I thought first I was going to expect 70s psychedelic music? :orangu_orangutan_ape: What's the truth now, ae-

I got 00s vibes from Mood Ring, not the whole album.

ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Solar Power itself is mostly giving me folk. :gunney: I just checked Wikipedia, and it categorizes it as a pop, psychedelic folk, and indie folk record, so I guess we're both onto something. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

• Love 1
Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

I got 00s vibes from Mood Ring, not the whole album.

ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Solar Power itself is mostly giving me folk. :gunney: I just checked Wikipedia, and it categorizes it as a pop, psychedelic folk, and indie folk record, so I guess we're both onto something. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Oop ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

OT: WAIT I DID NOT EXCEPT THE DRUM KICK IN THE PATH OMG ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block