Lorde releases new album “Solar Power”

Just now, I Always Sing Live said:

Not you dragging her best album.

ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Melogrammy, sweetie-

ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

1 minute ago, I Always Sing Live said:

Also, the first song is really good, but it goes downhill after that, IMO (minus the title track and Mood Ring). Lorde proving that an album can be too cohesive. :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme:

Omg not u doing this too me ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

The Path alone has driven to stanship, but if half the album doesn't.. ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Also, how does California sound like? ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

• Haha 2

Watch Solar Power come for Happier Than Ever's weave, though. ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Sis, the title track alone >>> ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Tbf, I kind of hated Melodrama at first because it was too different from Pure Heroine, but then it majorly grew on me, so I'm still optimistic. ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Imagine hating Melodrama on first listen ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

Keeping this in spoilers to seal my hypocrisy because Melodrama didn't smash with me too in the first listen :emma: but then I heard it again and oh, wow- ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

OT: Loving the album so far ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Finished it and LOVED THE RECORD. Officially a Lorde stan which I never expected to myself be in the future. Not @I Always Sing Live disliking this album

The Path, Solar Power, SATNS, California, Fallen Fruit, MR and Oceanic Feeling are definite standouts 

I need more listens, Bestie. I couldn't pay attention to the lyrics because I was playing video games, so I only had the melodies and instrumentals that all sounded the same to go off of. After Tinashe's 333, which was an experimental roller-coaster, it's hard to digest an ablum this cohesive. ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

I need more listens, Bestie. I couldn't pay attention to the lyrics because I was playing video games, so I only had the melodies and instrumentals that all sounded the same to go off of. After Tinashe's 333, which was an experimental roller-coaster, it's hard to digest an ablum this cohesive. ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Can't wait for you to switch and stan the album on 2nd or 3rd listen :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill: But yeah ig being a lil' too cohesive can be quite boring so u might have gone awf :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Since u have been ranting on and on about 333, lemme give the sis a stream ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Blackout2006 said:

Can't wait for you to switch and stan the album on 2nd or 3rd listen :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill: But yeah ig being a lil' too cohesive can be quite boring so u might have gone awf :fruit_fall_trip_ouch_dead:

Since u have been ranting on and on about 333, lemme give the sis a stream ezgif-7-5333d63b6812.gif

Oh boy, 333 is such a roller-coaster. The Chase will be your favorite song, methinks. :brit2016_britney_bikini_orange_dance_beach_swimming: There's a lot of funky transitions and genre-bending, so have fun with it. I liked it a lot straight away, but even after 5 or 6 listens, I still hadn't completely grasped and digested the album. I decided to let it simmer by not listening to it for like a week, and listening to it again yesterday was a magical experience. Defo in my top 3 of 2021. :kylie_proud_yes_wow_impressive_amazing:

• Love 1

So I don’t listen to Lorde and yesterday I found out (after hearing it for years at work) that her song Greenlight is by her and that the song doesn’t say “I’m waiting for tequila I want it!” I always thought what an odd song to play at a professional place until I finally googled it yesterday out of curiosity and found out it was her and she wasn’t saying tequila :emma:

• Haha 3

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block