It's Becoming Harder and Harder Listening to Britney's music Post 2007

yeah i feel the same way. it's not that she didn't have any creative control and that's why i can't feel connected to her, bc maybe bomt and oops weren't her vision either and she had no say in the creative process because she was young and new to the industry, but at least she wanted to record and promote them. then from britney to blackout i can feel more connected to her through the songs and the concepts.

but from circus to glory i feel like she was forced to make that music, that maybe she didn't even want to be there. you can feel it in the music and the performances and interviews. it breaks my heart but tbh the only album i truly enjoyed since 08 was circus, maybe it was because i've always felt her absence in a way.

• Love 4
  • Like 1

I hardly listen to anything post-Blackout regardless and it’s been that way for me for years now, with the exception of maybe Circus because that song is a literal pop masterpiece. :shaking_shake_gold_yellow: And it’s not because the songs (post-2007/08) were necessarily bad (some which obviously are) or that it has to do with her conservatorship but I’m just a bigger fan, overall, of pop music from the late 90s and early 00s. Her music after 2007/08, and really — pop music in general, began to sound more one-dimensional and robotic around that time. 

• Love 3
  • Like 4

Also. I read one of the reviews back in 2011 by a Croatian critic.

And they said. The only time Britney remotely felt liberated and free is trough her music and whilst in recording studio. It's the only time she had somewhat of a control over herself,and was the oy time she was able to forget the mess called real world.

• Love 3

I usually do a complete collection thing in the BG so I mostly listen to everything IDK though I am not much fan of pop music in general now, Britney is the only one whom I listen to in pop or sometimes GaGa or Dua or Weeknd and thats about it. 

We are overthinking a lot I think, truth soon will be out let's appreciate her music because there might not be another one.

• Love 2

The last straw was definitely Glory. Since then I didn’t really listen to her catalog because I knew everything post Blackout was NOT Britney at all! The only good songs I listen to this day and enjoy them are Womanizer, Circus, Work ***** and Slumber Party. Imagine the disconnection... it’s super important for an artist to be relatable and present to his vision. Around that time, 2016/2017 I became a Nicki fan - listening to her I felt something genuine again. 

No hate here, I understand the situation and I support and care for Britney’s personal life to get better, to be free once and for all! All the people involved in restraining her must pay the consequences! 

• Love 3
  • Super Mods
38 minutes ago, Style. said:

The last straw was definitely Glory. Since then I didn’t really listen to her catalog because I knew everything post Blackout was NOT Britney at all! The only good songs I listen to this day and enjoy them are Womanizer, Circus, Work ***** and Slumber Party. Imagine the disconnection... it’s super important for an artist to be relatable and present to his vision. Around that time, 2016/2017 I became a Nicki fan - listening to her I felt something genuine again. 

No hate here, I understand the situation and I support and care for Britney’s personal life to get better, to be free once and for all! All the people involved in restraining her must pay the consequences! 

very well said tbh :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:Moreover, Glory at least felt like it had SOME of Britney's input, all the romantic songs were definitely all her vision. But it was still too safe, which was and influence from her captivators :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, BUWYGF said:

very well said tbh :brityes_britney_yes_nodding:Moreover, Glory at least felt like it had SOME of Britney's input, all the romantic songs were definitely all her vision. But it was still too safe, which was and influence from her captivators :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I liked Glory when it came out, but the whole fiasco around Make Me just made me sick. Some lyrics were cringe, as well. It never felt like a Britney album at all and I’m so glad I pay that girl dust. Slumber Party it’s incredibly good, tho. My str8 friends loved it too. :emma:

• Love 2

I agree it’s tough, I recently listened to the Britney album again In full after hearing about her heavy involvement. She was telling a story here and we’re luck to have itz and blackout. I no longer no how to feel about glory after learning lead writer Justin tranter is one of lou Taylor’s minions.

Anyone else wondering why rca hasn’t released a statement yet? It’s sad to think that theses producers and Record label exec were ok with the con ship as long as money was coming through, and they also own her catalogue I believe. Makes me scared when you see names like Dr.Luke on the credits of FFT, and she looked so drugged up those days

Spoiler

Do you guys remember all the obvious Little Ticks she developed with her hands during the end of pom…I’m starting to believe those were hand tremors from all the medication she was under, I even think sometimes when she would do random face things or like stick her tounge out that was tardive dyskinesia which is a side effect of psych ***** sometimes 

• Love 3

From the Ronan Farrow article:

People in Spears’s orbit also noticed changes. A producer who’d worked with her since she was in her early twenties said that she was “more distant, less present—there were no more jokes, no laughter. By the end, she was just led into the vocal booth. She never came into the room where we were.” Recording with Spears had once been effortless, he said, and now it was “really hard, nearly impossible,” to elicit her spark in the booth.

As far as I’m concerned her discography stops at Blackout. I can’t bring myself to listen to cship music.

• Love 2

At this point we know for sure that she was blackmailed to do Circus as her forced and rushed comeback.

FF was definitely the most medicated and sad era for her as she realized the CS didn't end with Circus.

Let's not even go into the fiasco of BJ.

But I think she genuinely cared about Glory. That's only an opinion / feeling. Her energy was better, her appearance seemed healthy, her attitude was coming back and she seemed passionate (at least compared to her previous post CS eras).

That's basically the only post 2007 music I listen from her. 

• Love 3
  • Like 1
  • Super Mods
6 minutes ago, hallucinate said:

From the Ronan Farrow article:

As far as I’m concerned her discography stops at Blackout. I can’t bring myself to listen to cship music.

this is so fu*kin sad omg :wontcry_tears_crying_sad: i believe it 100%, I wish them all the worst for what they've done to our girl :kyliecry_crying_tears_jenner_wipe_sad:

I'll be honest and confess that I haven't listened to any of her music in years except maybe once or twice. But that's just because I moved on ever since Glory + of course now everything regarding her situation. So now even on the rare occasion that I do feel like listening to her music, it's very hard for me to listen to anything post Blackout, I agree. I don't judge anyone who's able to separate her music from her situation though.

• Love 2