Lou Taylor allegedly auctioned off Britney's stuff in '08 and the proceeds went to a charity of her choosing

18 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

I didn't know Britney owned Marilyn's jeans from River Of No Return omg, I love that movie and that look:shocked_what_xfactor_britney_pink_surprised_wow:

Naturally, I'm even more angry:whitneyshade_whitney_Houston_mad_really_blink_seriously_hmm_umm_done:

Just realised a minute ago that I’ve already bought that movie on Apple TV but I haven’t watched it yet lol so I’ll be watching it soon. But yeah this is so ****ed up. Never knew Britney even owned them but I hope Britney has another Marilyn item too since she’s a big fan of hers.

Lou is literally out of this world:enigma_alien_blue:

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ROL said:

Just realised a minute ago that I’ve already bought that movie on Apple TV but I haven’t watched it yet lol so I’ll be watching it soon. But yeah this is so ****ed up. Never knew Britney even owned them but I hope Britney has another Marilyn item too since she’s a big fan of hers.

Lou is literally out of this world:enigma_alien_blue:

You better watch it😁 I mean it's kinda old western type but Marilyn serves...maybe I wouldn't like it that much if it wasn't for her lol but it's a cute movie:britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Onyxgirl17 said:

I agree. Just strange she would give them to LT.

Lou probably just took them, with the conservatorship team's assistance.

We've got to go back to the timeline. People magazine's article about the auction was published on July 3, 2008. By this time, Britney had been in the conservatorship for four months, since February 1, 2008 (see this master thread for chronology). Britney was no longer considered a legal person with inalienable rights :tiffsniffle_ny_miss_new_york_crying_sobbing_sad_tears:

It's just awful. 

• Like 1

Guys!!!! Update: the online auctioneers, Gotta Have It!, **still offer** Britney autographs, backstage passes from her 1999-2001 tours, and a tour book from her 1998-99 tour with *NSYNC.

All of the objects are from Britney's career prior to 2003. I don't know the provenance of these items, but it is highly probable that these objects could be from the cache of items taken by Lou Taylor in 2008. It's important to note that Gotta Have It! says that it "unconditionally guarantees the authenticity" of these six backstage passes, so the auctioneer should be able to indicate how it came by these objects.

At least one of the photographs seems like it could have been part of the seized collection offered for sale in 2008. Here's the photograph: Britney posing in a Mexico City hotel, taken by Jeff Sciortino. The description of the image reads, "A portion of the proceeds of this photograph will benefit the Britney Spears Foundation." We know that by Dec. 31, 2006, the Britney Spears Foundation had a deficit of close to $200,000. Remember that the People magazine article publicizing the auction stated, "Proceeds from the sale of of the Spears memorabilia, which was provided by Tri Star Sports and Entertainment Group on behalf of the singer, will go to a charity of Tri Star's choosing."

This was a money grab. It is my opinion that the messaging about which so-called charity would receive the funds shifted prior to the auction itself. 

Gotta Have It! proudly describes the 2008 auction of Britney's collection as "the extraordinarily successful Britney Spears charity auction."

Tagging OP @HeyWhatsUpItsBrit and can someone ship these links off to Rosengart's team?! Lol.

• Love 2
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Lil-Jay said:

You better watch it😁 I mean it's kinda old western type but Marilyn serves...maybe I wouldn't like it that much if it wasn't for her lol but it's a cute movie:britoverit_britney_eyeroll_roll_eyes_annoyed_whatever:

Omg that’s literally me lol. I’m not a big fan of movies that are that old too but I’ve watched a few Marilyn ones (Niagara, How To Marry A Millionaire, Bus Stop, Gentleman Prefer Blondes and Don’t Bother To Knock) and enjoyed them all because it’s Marilyn haha. Have you watched any of the ones I’ve watched?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ROL said:

Omg that’s literally me lol. I’m not a big fan of movies that are that old too but I’ve watched a few Marilyn ones (Niagara, How To Marry A Millionaire, Bus Stop, Gentleman Prefer Blondes and Don’t Bother To Knock) and enjoyed them all because it’s Marilyn haha. Have you watched any of the ones I’ve watched?

Ofc, I watched ALL of her movies:yesokay_britney_blush_blink: you see, Marilyn is kinda my second fave (after Britney)🙈

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lil-Jay said:

Ofc, I watched ALL of her movies:yesokay_britney_blush_blink: you see, Marilyn is kinda my second fave (after Britney)🙈

Love a Marilyn stan, she’s also one of my biggest idols:ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

I bought like an 11-movies bundle of hers on Apple TV so I still have a few left to watch and then some more that weren’t included on the bundle but I’m sure I’ll love them all:ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ROL said:

Love a Marilyn stan, she’s also one of my biggest idols:ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

I bought like an 11-movies bundle of hers on Apple TV so I still have a few left to watch and then some more that weren’t included on the bundle but I’m sure I’ll love them all:ahhh_britney_scream_glory_excited_yay_pumped:

Oh yes, Some Like It Hot and Seven Year Itch are the most iconic ones in my opinion (that infamous scene when her white dress blows up is from Seven Year Itch)

Also Let's Make Love, There's No Business Like Show Business, The Prince And The Showgirl, Misfits, River Of No Return - I love them all:awyeah_britney_yes_yas:

I wish we could watch them together haha

• Love 1
11 hours ago, MissSpearsSaysSo said:

This leach needs to get what she deserves, she’s ruined Britney’s life and the legacy she has worked for. One day.. benefiting off of other people while they suffer will only go so far..  :slayde_meme_red_glam_neyde_neydeney_britney:

She needs to pay for her sins🙌🏻

She will understand. She's a "Christian"🙏🏻:yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ROL said:

One of my faves is The Misfits! Which I think was one of the last films she made, her performance is really great in that. You should check that one out too! I also adore Marilyn :sendinglove_kissing_heart_love_blowing: