A Chronological Timeline of Britney Spears' Conservatorship

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Feb. 3, 2021 - Judge Brenda Penny removes James Spears as sole conservator Mar 17, 2021 - The Superior Court of California declares Britney Spears able to regain full control over her daily life

Sometimes it's easier to solve puzzles when the facts are laid out in chronological order. Can we begin posting key dates, and I can update this post as we go? ________________________________

16.June,2021 She gets full custody back of her children 18.August, Kevin Earl Federline's investigation starts because of deception. Child support ends. 12.September, 2021 Britney don´t just

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Louis_j said:

Feb. 3, 2021 - Judge Brenda Penny removes James Spears as sole conservator and grants a restraining order preventing him going anywhere near Britney.

Mar 17, 2021 - The Superior Court of California declares Britney Spears able to regain full control over her daily life

Apr. 24, 2021 -  Lou M. Taylor is sentenced to life in prison for Extortion and Fraud 

Apr. 28, 2021 - James Spears is sentenced to life in prison for Extortion, Fraud and Violation of Human Rights

May. 11, 2021 - The Superior Court of California declares Britney Spears Free from her Conservatorship

Love this, slight amendments made:mcry_mariah_carey_proud_beaming:

• Love 6

♫

34 minutes ago, Louis_j said:

Feb. 3, 2021 - Judge Brenda Penny removes James Spears as sole conservator

Mar 17, 2021 - The Superior Court of California declares Britney Spears able to regain full control over her daily life

Apr. 24, 2021 -  Lou M. Taylor is sentenced to over 12 years in prison for Extortion and Fraud 

Apr. 28, 2021 - James Spears is sentenced to over 14 years in prison for Extortion, Fraud and Violation of Human Rights

May. 11, 2021 - The Superior Court of California declares Britney Spears Free from her Conservatorship

and celebrates the biggest comeback in music history ;-)

• Love 6
16 hours ago, Louis_j said:

Feb. 3, 2021 - Judge Brenda Penny removes James Spears as sole conservator

Apr. 24, 2021 -  Lou M. Taylor is sentenced to over 12 years in prison for Extortion and Fraud 

Apr. 28, 2021 - James Spears is sentenced to over 14 years in prison for Extortion, Fraud and Violation of Human Rights

Wishful thinking :firega_lady_gaga_flames_burning:

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Goten21 said:

Britney filed against the c-ship at least 4 times from the time period 2008 to 2012, so maybe someone can look those dates up as well?

I'm only aware of her filing to be removed from the conservatorship once.

Unless you're referring to the times at the start that she tried to obtain a lawyer?

On 1/2/2021 at 1:39 PM, Steel Magnolia said:

Sometimes it's easier to solve puzzles when the facts are laid out in chronological order.

Can we begin posting key dates, and I can update this post as we go?

Aug. 5, 2006 - Lou M. Taylor, President of Tri Star, is by now representing Jamie Lynn Spears, who appears at the time in the TV show "Zoey 101."

Nov. 7, 2006 - Britney Spears files a petition for divorce from Kevin Federline.

Feb. 14, 2007 - Britney is taken to rehab in Antigua by manager Larry Rudolph. Within 24 hours, she checks herself out and returns to Florida.

Feb. 16, 2007 - Britney shaves her head.

“Right before Britney went into Promises, after she shaved her head, I got an anonymous call from a man while I was driving in Los Angeles. There are drugs planted in Britney’s Malibu home,” he said, going on to tell me that it was a conspiracy between Kevin and Britney’s assistants to make my daughter look like a bad mother.” (Lynne Spears, "Through The Storm," page 165)

Feb. 20, 2007 - Britney checks into Promises rehab center in Los Angeles.

Feb. 21, 2007 - Kevin Federline is granted an ex parte (emergency) court hearing over custody of their two young sons. 

Feb. 21 2007 - Britney checks out of Promises and drives to meet with Blair Berk, a prominent criminal defence attorney.

Feb. 22, 2007 - Britney checks back into Promises for a one-month stay.

Mar. 21, 2007 - Britney is released from rehab.

Apr. 13, 2007 - In a taped rant, Britney says, "My management totally knew what they were doing when they sent me to rehab - they were so right."

Apr. 19, 2007 - In a statement to Page Six, James Spears sticks up for Britney's manager Larry Rudolph - who was fired by Britney last Friday.

May 22, 2007 - Lynne Spears attends the season finale of Dancing with the Stars with Sam Lutfi, as well as discusses shoe and jewelry endorsements with him. (Lynne Spears, "Through The Storm," page 167)

June 28, 2007 - Britney visits the set of Zoey 101 to serve her mother with a faux restraining order regarding the boys.

Oct. 1, 2007 - A judge grants Kevin Federline the sole right "to retain physical custody of the minor children."

Federline's attorney petitioned for Monday's unscheduled hearing after Spears was spotted shuttling her two children around LA over the weekend, less than two weeks after she was busted on charges of driving without a license...Calling Spears a "habitual, frequent and continuous" user of controlled substances and alcohol, Gordon last month ordered the entertainer to undergo twice-weekly random drug and alcohol testing..."

Oct. 1, 2007 - The Dr. Phil show contacts Federline's family members asking them to be guests on an upcoming show about the custody battle.

Oct. 29, 2007 - Lynne Spears has signed a book deal with a Christian imprint. The book is to be based on her spiritual journals.

Nov. 15, 2007 - Britney must attend court after a positive drug test. The cause is thought to be a prescription for Adderall.

Jan. 4, 2008 - Britney is placed on a "5150" hold, which can last up to 72-hours if it is determined she is a threat to herself or others.

Jan 5, 2008 - Dr. Phil McGraw is invited into Britney's hospital room by her family. Britney walks out after he enters, and checks out of the hospital.

Jan. 31, 2008 - Britney is placed on a second "5150" hold. She tells her doctor that she has been taking Adderall.

Feb. 1, 2008 - The Superior Court of California places Britney Spears under a temporary conservatorship (Case # BP109096).

Feb. 4, 2008 - In a court hearing, lawyer Adam Streisand of Loeb & Loeb attempts to represent Britney. He is denied.

Feb. 5, 2008 - Lynne Spears files a declaration to obtain a restraining order against Sam Lutfi, claiming Lutfi was drugging Britney.

Feb. 6, 2008 - Adnan Ghalib drives Britney to Adam Streisand's office for a meeting after she springs herself from the hospital.

Mar. 31, 2008 - Larry Rudolph is rehired for the third time as Britney's manager.

Apr. 13, 2008 - JFXOnline reports that Adnan Ghalib has been stabbed after being attacked.

Sept. 16, 2008 - Lynne Spears releases "Through The Storm," detailing how James Spears and Lou M. Taylor planned the conservatorship.

Oct. 21, 2008 - JFXOnline insinuates that Britney and Adnan may be back "on" after photos arise of her wearing his ring.

Oct. 28, 2008 - Los Angeles Superior Court Commissioner Reva Goetz rules that Britney's conservatorship will become permanent.

Nov. 19, 2008 - "For The Record" is released, in which a crying Britney claims her life is like Groundhog Day and "too in control."

Dec. 11, 2008 - Rolling Stone editor Jenny Eliscu, after interviewing Britney, says of the conservatorship: "It's a problem for her now." 

Jan. 16, 2009 - Adnan Ghalib and Sam Lutfi work together to deliver Britney a cell phone at a Beverly Hills hotel.

Jan. 21, 2009 - JFXOnline releases a taped message Britney left for lawyer Jon Eardley:

"“Hi my name’s Britney Spears. I called you earlier. I’m calling again because I just wanted to make sure that during the process of eliminating the conservatorship that my father has threatened me several times, you know, he’ll take my children away. I just want to be guaranteed that everything will be fine with the process of you guys taking care of everything that things will stay the same as far as my custodial time. That’s it, bye.”

Feb. 25, 2009 - Adnan Ghalib is charged after hitting a process server with his car while trying to escape delivery of a restraining order.

Mar. 3, 2009 - The first date of the Circus Starring Britney Spears occurs in New Orleans, LA.

Mar. 18, 2009 - A three-year restraining order is issued against Adnan Ghalib and Sam Lutfi.

June 16, 2011 - The first date of the Femme Fatale tour occurs in Sacramento, CA.

Sept. 28, 2011 - James Spears is made Manager of the Femme Fatale tour, earning him over $1-million via a 2% cut of Larry's 10% commission.

May 30, 2013 - Atara Tours, Inc. is registered in Nevada with James Spears as President and Andrew Wallet as Treasurer.

Dec. 27, 2013 - "Britney: Piece Of Me" launches as a residency at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Oct. 19, 2018 - Britney announces the Domination residency in Las Vegas, but leaves the scene before speaking to the crowd.

Jan. 4, 2019 - The Domination residency is put on hold as "Britney" announces an indefinite work hiatus due to James' ruptured colon.

Mar. 4, 2019 - Lawyer Andrew Wallet resigns as co-conservator of Britney's estate.

Apr. 3, 2019 - TMZ reports that Britney checked herself into a mental health facility a week earlier to help her cope with her father's illness.

Apr. 3, 2019 - Atara Tours undergoes a name change; Britney is named President, replacing James P. Spears. None of the other LLC's are changed.

May 8, 2019 - A five-year restraining order is issued against Sam Lutfi, ordering him to stay away from Britney Spears, her parents, and two children.

May 10, 2019 - An evaluation is ordered after Britney appears in court alongside her mother Lynne, who is attempting to gain access to medical records.

Sept. 3, 2019 - A restraining order is issued against James Spears, ordering him to stay away from Sean and Jayden following an altercation.

Nov. 11, 2020 - Judge Brenda Penny refuses to remove James Spears as sole conservator, but approves Bessemer Trust as co-conservator of her estate.

We have the detailed timeline that Leanne Simmons created:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTG3tRPhVjPfcwmYNudft9VoRTw8u9LZAfWMfneRiM8Tv2l2jAY9tJc8zFgA1ESFufSd132Pqa9oBWz/pub

• Love 3
6 hours ago, studlygeorge said:

Can someone explain this whole thing about Atara and Britney being CEO? Is it essentially Jamie and Andrew made her CEO so she would be forced to pay out of pocket for the cancellation of Domination and not them? Or....?

It could be about financial liability.

It could also be about attempting to avoid being deposed on the stand if this ever goes to court.

It will be an interesting part of the story to keep an eye on, for sure.

• Love 2

A key time period in all of this is...

Feb. 16 to Feb. 21, 2007

It is during these dates that Kevin Federline came to have the upper hand when it came to physical custody of the boys.

Take extra special notice of what happened during those key days.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, leanne0019 said:

@Steel Magnolia Love this thread! If it's alright with you, I'll comb through here and add any info that I'm missing to my timeline too. 

I followed the case closely in the early years (e.g. 2006 to 2013) but haven't followed it closely in more recent years.

I have the original sources for all of my information saved if you ever need them, but most of the links are now broken or inactive...So it's now hard to "prove" each entry. However, up until 2013, every single entry in my timeline (which is way longer than what is posted in this thread) had an easily retrievable citation.

• Love 1