Billie Eilish is getting cancelled for the wrong reasons

She's been getting dragged a lot this era and I'm just sitting here cackling because: a) I've always found her to be an insufferable, "edgy" version of Halsey and Lorde with little originality of her own, and b) because it was inevitable that she'd be targeted eventually since fame is a fickle thing. Truly her Bionic era. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

• Haha 4
5 hours ago, boyinthemirror said:

If the allegations about her boyfriend are true, I'm sorry but she's coming across as a little hypocritical.

Also didn't she just release a song about how an older man took advantage of her when she was underage? Dating a 30 year old after that seems a bit twisted, like there are probably some issues there she has to work on.  :outwithit_go_on_wave_britney_femme_fatale_ff_documentary: I know it's just her business but she's crossing the line when she puts her personal life on the spotlight with her music.

A 19 YO is not a child. She can make her own decisions about who she dates once she’s not longer underage. I saw someone have a meltdown over a 22 YO dating a 32 YO the other day and I was like people these days think they’re Peter Pan or some **** clinging on the belief they’re forever children :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, CrazyButItFeelsAllright said:

A 19 YO is not a child. She can make her own decisions about who she dates once she’s not longer underage. I saw someone have a meltdown over a 22 YO dating a 32 YO the other day and I was like people these days think they’re Peter Pan or some **** clinging on the belief they’re forever children :imdying_wendy_crying_sad_tears_sobbing:

Sure and that’s what she did. I’m not saying it’s necessarily wrong :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: But I think in relationships with age gaps there are certain dynamics of power between the couple. She’s already experienced what it’s like to be manipulated by someone who knows better than her when she was underage. Another relationship like that would be triggering for someone who has gone through what she had. She’s not even that deep into adulthood with all that trauma and sudden fame. But it is ultimately her life and her decisions anyway. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

16 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Sure and that’s what she did. I’m not saying it’s necessarily wrong :verycool_britney_nod_glory_yes_yas_mhmm: But I think in relationships with age gaps there are certain dynamics of power between the couple. She’s already experienced what it’s like to be manipulated by someone who knows better than her when she was underage. Another relationship like that would be triggering for someone who has gone through what she had. She’s not even that deep into adulthood with all that trauma and sudden fame. But it is ultimately her life and her decisions anyway. :gagasmile_smirk_lady_pink:

True 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, NobodyKnowsPete said:

100%. It’s like preaching that you are a cristian, feminist, #blacklivesmatter supporter; but you spend your entire life  with a gangster, ex **** dealer, cheater who stabbed a man in the stomach, making shows for corrupt politicians and having your vacation in the Hamptons...

You better shut up and focus on give people some bops, keep your fake positions for you and your friends.

Not a Beyoncé fan either.. 

• Haha 3
12 hours ago, bas che said:

Is her shelf life over? She had a good run I gotta say. Three years in the industry is not too shabby in this day in age. 

Nnnnn I don't think so. Tour tickets for all venues of her upcoming tour sold out it in hours and all her posts are still receiving over 1 million likes. Even though the era hasn't bagged much hits aside TIA, she is pretty much an albums artist and the album will obviously smash. Bad Guy didn't morph into the blockbuster it became eventually after the album's release, and she had no hits during the release of WWAFA,WDWG? (When The Partys Over, and You Should See Me In A Crown became hits after Bad Guy's success), But look how the era ended up becoming the biggest debut album since 2011 and biggest era since 2017. Soooo we can't say anything until the album comes out.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Unfortunately being that she's a public figure, the "public" feels they have every right not to mind their business when it comes to celebrities and public figures as they basically gave up all rights to be anonymity and seen as like you and me, even Brian Friedman said this was something Britney didn't want to lose, but it does come with the territory of being a celebrity. 

You're right. She's a public figure for being a musician, but since she's popular, most people think it's alright to expose the personal details of her life and invade her privacy. People like that has no self-respect.

16 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Apparently he's a homophobe, a racist and a trump supporter. Plus with her being 19 years and he being 30, is another huge issue they have. 

Black Twitter is calling her out for dating a racist when she called out for support on the justice of black men and women. 

This is actually a perfect reason to ''cancel'' her :matches:

F ck homophobes, racists and people that don't have a problem with others' behavior like that 

The fact that some people even HERE still think ''homophobia, racism = opinion that you are allowed to have'' is disgusting. 

15 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

The fact that some people even HERE still think ''homophobia, racism = opinion that you are allowed to have'' is disgusting. 

PERIOD.

With that being said, I don't care who Billie dates. That's her problem, not mine. :angietea_angelina_jolie_tea_sips_coffee_mug_cup_drink_spilling_spill:

2 hours ago, Blackout2006 said:

Nnnnn I don't think so. Tour tickets for all venues of her upcoming tour sold out it in hours and all her posts are still receiving over 1 million likes. Even though the era hasn't bagged much hits aside TIA, she is pretty much an albums artist and the album will obviously smash. Bad Guy didn't morph into the blockbuster it became eventually after the album's release, and she had no hits during the release of WWAFA,WDWG? (When The Partys Over, and You Should See Me In A Crown became hits after Bad Guy's success), But look how the era ended up becoming the biggest debut album since 2011 and biggest era since 2017. Soooo we can't say anything until the album comes out.

I was sarcastic and exaggerating. She’s too young and too successful to disappear off the radar. Even if she releases crappy music, her being one of the current pop star will support her relevancy for at least one more era.  whether she will remain big is up to her and her team playing it right. 

• Like 1

I'm confused , if she really dates a racist & a homophobe I'd be disappointed because she really doesn't seem that kind of person , I'd expect better from her , but since I don't know that I wouldn't jump to conclusions and judge her like that.... It's just that I would never expect her to date an ignorant man because she's smarter than that , but anyways regardless of her life and her choices I'm not really into her music lately, I don't know why her previous album was better , I hope the rest of the songs on her new album are better tho :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

5 hours ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Sometimes I read the posts on here complaining about "cancel culture" and I wonder if I accidentally end up on a Fox News blog :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Some very alarming racist and homophobic posts by her boyfriend resurfaced. Are we expecting people on Twitter not to react?

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block