OMG. What's your reaction to the BBC's new Britney documentary?!

1 hour ago, Jamiea1112 said:

Me when a lot of my non-stan friends who watched the documentary on BBC iPlayer are texting asking about Lou Taylor after i've been trying to tell them about the situation for over two years...

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by Married At First Sight Australiasassy GIF

I’m still waiting on that “text” from my friends 😭😭 although my cousin did tell me her friend/non fan designed a free Britney sign  that she hung up outside her window post watching 

I couldn't shake out the words of paparazzi.  That's the second one, in two documentary who said that they did nothing wrong.

"If she didn't wanted it, she could have said it"

"She asked for it"

You know who will say that? rap***. They seriously have mentality of abuser. "Let's chase this young girl shouting her name sticking camera in her face, she wants it...:beat_fighting_punching_hitting_angry:

• Like 1

My honest opinion of the documentary

I have just finished watching it and am very underwhelmed by the BBC. It was poorly researched on their part, and the documentary was very lazy. This was  definately the BBC jumping on the bandwagon. 

They didn't get into any specifics and jumped from quick interview segment to the next without presenting any of the facts, court documents, timeliness that are out there. Very disappointed and will not watch again, nor will I tell anyone about it. 

• Love 4
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Saoru said:

My honest opinion of the documentary

I have just finished watching it and am very underwhelmed by the BBC. It was poorly researched on their part, and the documentary was very lazy. This was  definately the BBC jumping on the bandwagon. 

They didn't get into any specifics and jumped from quick interview segment to the next without presenting any of the facts, court documents, timeliness that are out there. Very disappointed and will not watch again, nor will I tell anyone about it. 

me too. Is he really a journalist?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SkyNet said:

ou know who will say that? rap***. They seriously have mentality of abuser. "Let's chase this young girl shouting her name sticking camera in her face, she wants it..

Yeah. And then attributing her success and 'comeback' with Circus to the tabloids. LMFAOOOO get off of it. She went on a primetime interview and pleaded with the Paparazzi crying to leave her alone when she was pregnant. She didn't want it. MAYBE that strange bit of time when she was just driving around and dated Adnan, that was probably the darkest / dumbest period that he could be referencing, but that was only a few months. 

GUYS how do I find the contact info or socials for the people that he interviewed? Those 4? The 2 girls and the asian guy. Do they all work together, what's their instagram? I want to link up with Free Britney people in LA, especially for the court hearing!!!

14 hours ago, bachelorette said:

Finally watched. I wanted to like it but I didn't. 

First of all, I don't think they had good motives for doing this. I feel like NYT did it as a piece of investigative journalism, or perhaps, even more so, a retrospective analysis of treatment of women in show biz. This one feels like it's done just for the sake of it, to stay trendy. 

Second, and this is the most important thing for me, I feel like the journalist didn't have an open heart for this. You could feel the empathy of the creators behind Framing. Here, I think he is trying to imitate the appearance of being empathetic but it's coming off as phony. I understand the desire to stay unbiased and give a balanced position, but empathy and compassion have to be the basis in cases like this. It's a human being you're investigating. Hence the inclusion of Perez - if the author came from a point of view of empathy, he would never include him. 

Finally, I don't think that this documentary actually had a point. Nothing new, nothing interesting, no conclusion, nothing - even for the general public. Framing felt like a story. Besides giving a lot of information, it also felt like it had a point and a message. This one is just a pointless grab for attention. 

I think we should appreciate any publicity we have, I don't think we should stop bringing attention to this because of "Britney's" latest posts, and this documentary is overall a good thing. But I expected more from BBC, and I can see how it might have upset her.  

Uuh... What? He was actually a good interviewer (I'm not going to say journalist, because he didn't do a lot of research before and left it to the fans to provide him with the crumbs to follow). But including Perez WAS a smart decision. Sorry, but it's immature to say he shouldn't have included Perez - you are exactly one of the people that Perez addressed. He did a lot of ****ty things but he's taken accountability, he hasn't tried to erase his past, he's tried to learn from it, grow, and move on and become a better person. That's all any of us can do in life. Do you think Britney wants to be remembered forever for shaving her head? Or how she acted that one time in a photo shoot? No. The same applies to Perez. Perez was a huge part of that entire tabloid boom so of COURSE he needed to be included, that would've been poor journalism to not include him. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

He was actually a good interviewer (I'm not going to say journalist, because he didn't do a lot of research before and left it to the fans to provide him with the crumbs to follow). But including Perez WAS a smart decision. Sorry, but it's immature to say he shouldn't have included Perez 

This

Snoop Dogg Reaction GIF by Cameo

• Like 1
10 hours ago, FlexAroundTheWorld said:

Yeah. And then attributing her success and 'comeback' with Circus to the tabloids. LMFAOOOO get off of it. She went on a primetime interview and pleaded with the Paparazzi crying to leave her alone when she was pregnant. She didn't want it. MAYBE that strange bit of time when she was just driving around and dated Adnan, that was probably the darkest / dumbest period that he could be referencing, but that was only a few months. 

GUYS how do I find the contact info or socials for the people that he interviewed? Those 4? The 2 girls and the asian guy. Do they all work together, what's their instagram? I want to link up with Free Britney people in LA, especially for the court hearing!!!

they run @freebritneyla on IG, the asian guy is kevin wu @wukemon

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

The reviews in the British press have been pretty negative about the documentary due to Mobeen and it being 'pointless' and 'anti-climatic' and exploitative and just made for money.

It's interesting that prior to that post on Britney's insta, the reviews were pretty positive.

I loved how they actually touched subjects Framing Britney didn't dear to touch and actually named some names like Lou - even though they dismissed her after - but the seed was planted at least with the dementia claims. BUT i don't know if anyone else felt this way but when the doc finished it sort of felt incomplete... like they tip toed on like 6 different FreeBritney matters and didn't make an effort to tie them up. Framing Britney was way more superficial but felt way more complete than this one to me.

I liked it tho, i'm not saying any of that to non fans when I tell them to watch it :cheese_Britney_awkward_cringe_eek: