OMG. What's your reaction to the BBC's new Britney documentary?!

I reluctantly watched it. Initially I was positive about the fact  that the BBC was airing a documentary on Britney and then I saw clippings which featured the likes of Perez Hilton and I was disappointed and planned to give it a miss and then finally I couldn’t resist. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, it focussed on current matters and the state of play and offered varying points of view which made it balanced. So I’d say to all Britney fans to give it a chance.  

Feel so sad for Britney, something is not right, her voice needs to be heard. 

• Love 2

Lou probably had some interns make up those death threats pretending to be Britney fans for the sake of sympathy and gaslight the public. 

B/itch you weaseled your way into the family at a challenging point in their lives. Orchestrated the entire conservatorship and stole $600 million dollars from Britney. 

I cant wait for a reporter to now go down the Money Rabbit Hole and expose all of them. Jamie, Lou, Jamie Lynn, the lawyers, possibly Judge Penny

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ifuseekleon said:

The interview with Katherine was terrifying 

What happened to her dad

And those chilling words

"You will never ever get out of this"

:crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

She came across as someone who still suffers that she couldnt do nothing to save her father. The way she talked is like she has been telling this story over and over in her head so she can find strength to continue to help the people who calls her all the time looking for some kind of suport.

• Love 1

Just watched it.

Good stuff about it:

- The whole documentary is focused on the conservatorship, they barely spent time focusing on anything else.

- Lisa’s very short appearance was on point.

- This woman whose father was a celebrity and died under a conservatorship, she spoke the cold hard truth about conservatorship abuse and the lucrative business it is in the US.

Bad stuff:

- Don’t expect good journalism or a decent job of investigation here. There just isn’t. Nothing we don’t know already, he just shows the information fans gave him, he didn’t put any work himself other than traveling here and there to talk to people.

- There’s barely no focus on how fraudulent the conservatorship is from a legal perspective. Too much focus on if it’s good for her or not, conspiracy theories, fans sending hate and threats.

- Skipped all Perez’s part because why would anyone watch that.

- Billy B was sweet and supportive but he’s not talking to her so why is he even there?

Conclusion: Not good. It was bad but at least I’m not mad at myself for watching :umok_pursed_squint_well_okay: I’d recommend giving it a try but skipping Perez, Billy B and the choreographer.

• Love 4
  • Like 3

I watched this morning. Mobeen could have made a better job here and there but overal the docu turned out worthy to watch.

The part that he holds Lynne's book, saying he did read it, but not making a link to Lou and Jamie planning the conservatorship 6 weeks in advance doesnt make any sense. He then goes to talk that the movement thinks Lou is the mastermind - or at least someone that was actively there for its inception - and just leave as if its just a conspiracy theory... Mobeen, the words were there in that book. Lynne just painted the situation in different colors. 

And the fact that he had the court files with Jamie's declaration that Britney has dementia as the driving purporse of placing her in the conservatorship, but saying he wasnt able to track if the files were legit... All he needed was a credit card to pay for a copy of those papers or at least ask the #FreeBritney suporters he interviewed how to get them. After all, he is a BAFTA winning journalist. 

Billy and Brian surprised me. Mostly Billy. If he is fact in contact with Britney or not, that doesnt change the fact that what he said was touching. Its a narrative that we know - Britney says she is the happiest she has ever been whenever she gets the chance - and I do believe that in all these turmoil she found a place to heal. Otherwise she wouldnt be able to fight this battle as far as we know. 

But what the docu made clear, and I thank Mobeen for that, is to show how the system is flawd and open for exploitation. All in all, no documentary will be able to display everything that we know to the public. Its a lot. If the Netflix docu is a really a thing, I would like Erin Lee Carr to interview someone specialized in human trafficking cause after all, thats what Britney's conservatorship is. 

But Perez and the paparazzo part... disgusting. 

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

yeah, I mean, no disrespect to his job, but it really leaves you thinking like, how can regular fans find out so many stuff, documents, interviews, articles, etc, and someone who's literal job is to make this kind of investigations, let so many things slip up. It was good, but he definitely could've done much more, or maybe he did more research, but it wasn't reflected on the final product.

That's what baffles me. These people have everything in their hands (docs, footage, interviews, articles etc) and the #FreeBritney movement would move mountains to help them with everything they need, and still they managed to not portray things that way it should. He went after Lisa and she had such a little screen time. Surprise Witness, someone that has all the legal juice and has basically built an encyclopedia of paperwork connecting everything and everyone but somehow is being left out of these documentaries like... :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell:

• Love 1
  • Like 8
10 minutes ago, phareezy said:

Still watching but are we talking about the paparazzo wearing sunglasses over the glasses? Literal metaphor for how ridiculous he and his career are?

Dd I almost forgot about him. I don’t agree with what he said at all. Britney is entitled to privacy just like the rest of us are.

1 minute ago, Isla said:

Dd I almost forgot about him. I don’t agree with what he said at all. Britney is entitled to privacy just like the rest of us are.

His argument was so insensitive. What's frustrating about paparazzi is that they would absolutely hate being on the receiving end of what they do and yet they don't care.

• Like 3