OMG. What's your reaction to the BBC's new Britney documentary?!

40 minutes ago, Freakshow__ said:

That paparazzi knowing Circus was multi platinum and all of that... WTF lol

Well, he lived those moments and worked with magazines that profited from her comeback as well. Chasing Britney through LA circa 2007/8 would demand at least knowing she likes Fanta, not Coke. So she would never stop at a drive thru that serves Pepsi products which rivals Coca-Cola. Information is his business  :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

But seriously, he must had receive some notice from the reporter for that "interview" and studied what he would say. Specially his "public figure = public domain" concept.

Mmmm it was ok. I was p—sed seeing the Perez clips so I was glad it turned out a bit better than I thought it would. It wasn’t great tho, I really hope the Netflix one is a lot better. I don’t see why investigative journalists like Ronan Farrow can’t get in there and explore, or are they too scared? I wish a doco would feature Courtney Love if she’d be willing to speak. Like the host said - if this stuff is true it’s about the biggest scandal to occur in Hollywood, so why the f-ck aren’t more investigative journalists looking into it? I was super annoyed also that the presenter failed to mention Britney was released from her first 5150 within 24 hours because she was assessed and deemed not a threat to herself or others, that is so important to me. He also kept saying ‘fans’ believe Lou Taylor is behind the c-ship and failed to mention it’s literally written in Lynnes book that she planned it with Jamie. I hate the focus on psycho fans sending death threats, I get some fans go WAY too far and it should be called out and stopped but FFS this doco only went for an hour and he wastes time on this. Brian’s interview was just a pity party for himself and talking about having fun with Britney back in the day - was useless and added absolutely nothing to the conversation. Less said on Perez the better, I don’t believe for one second he is sorry and I still wouldn’t be surprised if he’s on the payroll. A real journalist wouldn’t just let him claim she’d be dead without the c- ship unchallenged, like what kind of proof does he have? Anyway I’m glad it mentioned the dementia stuff and Lou Taylor but I really hope Netflix delivers more. And I want REVA GOETZ exposed for the corrupt filth she is.

• Love 2
  • Like 6

Well i just watched and i'd like to point out things i did like:

1. Fans. The 1 with 3 fans Kevin and 2 girls-sorry not remember the names-blonde girl-her words made me cry. And it is so important to state that we r not here for only pop music of Britney artist but more about her well being. That is the free Britney is all about.

2.Billie being suppprtive of Britney wanting her rights back.

3. Other view from Colombo stars daughter saying it is hard to get out and there r too many vultures bc of the money. Exactly what fans were saying. And the main thing about Jodie-court appointed guardian  being even worse. What actually made me think about the fact that she might be right. Bc that ppl they do not care about Britney. Maybe bc her case being so talked about  Jodie won't really  use her power to harm Britney but the fact is we do not know. As she can do even worse than her father. And it is 1 situation while her parents r alive to say smth but it is whole different 1 then they r gone. Her sons probably will have hard time to do anything if she is still going to be under cship. Which i am praying not happen.

But this doc is really not giving us no hope. And maybe it shouldn't.

4. Lou being called as mastermind.

5. The fact that they didn't show much of previous 2007 footage and focused mainly on now.

6. Part there her dad called being too macho -Billie and calling Jordan to take down his as.s. But there r also things i didn't like

1. Not mentioning Facts about her dad having restraining order to her grandsons, having problems with alcohol

2. Perezs tirade about him dying and world not regretting. I mean i kind of like him saying i am paying consequences but man that doc is not about you. Not to mention him not giving any reliable facts about cship or Britney. His part is smth what this doc could be ok without.

2. I agree with other fans here about this doc being less investigative.

3. Reading death threats to Lou. I mean c'mon. It is probably 1 % of fans who do that and i am not saying it is ok. I just do not think it is ok to read them and not say facts about why. Like he only  read she does nothing to do with cship cause she hired year after. Still could read Lynnes book where she said they planned it for a year. He is a journalist-who should do research i think

4.He said she is addressing court 1st time  in 13 years in  june while she did 1st in 2020 saying they put her in medical institution against her will. And it is an important fact for journalist not to mention it.

5. Paparazzi part-just no words.

6.Brian talking about death threats in circus instead saying things he said in Lorraine interview. If it was edited that way-intentionally then i have no words. I mean it is bad. But what about cship ?

In general it was a good watch. Mostly saying fans concern made all this public display possible. Saying team con could use the box dimentia to make Britney under cship. Saying it is very hard to get out and she is a prisoner. And he called out the system which is very important as other ppl suffering under cship has no such a coverage. And the system made it possible for this cship ppl and court to be very rich.

Also i liked the fact it is not so optimistic that she will be out in year. Bc that make me think about all this cship. That it is actually group of ppl involved and they r having each others back. So they agreed her not ever get out bc of the fact she can legally sue them. I think it is a fradulent for sure. This is why it is still unclear why her father made it permanent. Then he could end it after temporary 1. Do we have anything about it or everything is sealed. I know they made it undue influence and it is basically doesn't need any prove. Why would her father do it. Important note also he said nor her family nor Britney were ready for that kind of money and fame. This is why they failed her. Big time. And they were easy target for Lou. As they r really not so informed ppl. 

I  pray for Britney to get out and this doc really made me cry and made me sad. 

• Love 3
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

yeah, it was kind of like ...

I mean, the documentary itself looks good, great quality and stuff, but yeah, there isn't anything really that concrete.

The lady at the restaurant in Kentwood, when she said she just behaved like a normal person, I don't know why that part made me cry, I was like "eeew, control yourself" :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

I think for most of us who have been in the loop for a while, do understand what's going on, but I think for someone who hasn't ever heard about the conservatorship or #freebritney, I don't think it is very clear the picture this documentary leaves on the subject.

As you said, he kept asking, wondering whether it was good or bad. There's no need to wonder anything, he should've just gone to what the law says about the different types of conservatorships, the legal process that they should follow, and then check what they really did in Britney's case. He got Lynne's book, but didn't reach the part where she talks about Jamie and Lou planning the conservatorship weeks in advance? Also, Lou so extra sending that long *** document :cackling_cackle_lol_what_unbelievable_disbelief_glasses_meme: He could've also found out that there were accusations regarding her wanting to conserve Lindsay Lohan.

I mean, it's good that we're having the documentaries to create awareness, but I'm starting to think they'll be very useless if the journalists don't dive deep inside all of the documents and the law, or if they don't get to talk to people that are directly related to Britney or the case. Also, I'm just nitpicking, but it irks me when little mistakes get slipped, like, she wasn't put under a conservatorship since the first 5150, because he actually said that was the case, and that the conservatorship was granted a month later. Yes, it was a month later, but it was after the second hospitalization, and the granting actually took only a few days. He also apparently didn't know that Britney already addressed the court directly in 2019.

Omg yes, I also noticed how he acted like the second 5150 didn’t happen or how Britney addressed the court in 2019. Didn’t she confirm that time what was said in the voicemail was true? You know, that she was put into rehab against her will. Also if I remember well, he didn’t mention how Britney appreciates the informed support from fans... Which is what really gave validation to the movement back then.

Just noticed that again my opinion was based on how I felt about it and not what I would think if I didn’t know anything about it. And that is the most interesting point of view to be honest. I agree, I think people would be just as confused as the journalist because I feel he didn’t know anything about the subject either until he started talking to people.

It also irked me a bit when the first fan said Brit was taking meds for dementia because I think it’s not true (do they even exist?). I thought she was taking heavy meds for bipolar disease or related. But I don’t remember the source of that so I’m not sure, and at least that put the focus on the dementia allegations, which is what allowed the probate cship to be established.

So true, the Lou Taylor picture that was portrayed is very vague and it looks as if it’s a crazy theory from fans when in reality it’s a big *** rabbit hole with thousands of ties everywhere around her money and like you said, with other troubled stars and their legal situations. I think he should share the 15 page document that was sent to him by her lawyer to fans, because I doubt he read the whole thing and maybe there are some interesting claims there.

• Like 4
45 minutes ago, boyinthemirror said:

Omg yes, I also noticed how he acted like the second 5150 didn’t happen or how Britney addressed the court in 2019. Didn’t she confirm that time what was said in the voicemail was true? You know, that she was put into rehab against her will. Also if I remember well, he didn’t mention how Britney appreciates the informed support from fans... Which is what really gave validation to the movement back then.

Just noticed that again my opinion was based on how I felt about it and not what I would think if I didn’t know anything about it. And that is the most interesting point of view to be honest. I agree, I think people would be just as confused as the journalist because I feel he didn’t know anything about the subject either until he started talking to people.

It also irked me a bit when the first fan said Brit was taking meds for dementia because I think it’s not true (do they even exist?). I thought she was taking heavy meds for bipolar disease or related. But I don’t remember the source of that so I’m not sure, and at least that put the focus on the dementia allegations, which is what allowed the probate cship to be established.

So true, the Lou Taylor picture that was portrayed is very vague and it looks as if it’s a crazy theory from fans when in reality it’s a big *** rabbit hole with thousands of ties everywhere around her money and like you said, with other troubled stars and their legal situations. I think he should share the 15 page document that was sent to him by her lawyer to fans, because I doubt he read the whole thing and maybe there are some interesting claims there.

yeah, I didn't like the first fan's comments either, or the one about someone pointing Britney with a gun behind the camera, even if she was just suggesting it, still was kind of unnecessary.

And yeah, I don't think there is medication for dementia, since it's a chronic disease with no cure. The voicemail I think did suggest they were giving her medication, and it was also TMZ who dared to say that their "sources" told them that even though she hasn't been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, she still needs the meds because she has "bipolar-like symptoms" :icant2_britney_nope_smh_head_shake_disappointed_everytime:

I think if anyone else is doing a documentary, they need to talk to James Spar, the doctor that filed the capacity declaration that Ingham used to prevent Britney from hiring her attorney, then Andrew Wallet, I think he still has a lot more to say. They should also contact not Sam Lutfi, but the lawyer he hired to help Britney. They could even talk to Brett Miller (if she's allowed to) or Britney's cousin, or I don't know, any of the most recent collaborators she's had. For example, the backup dancers, may not have the details about the conservatorship, but can add about how restricted her interaction with them is. I don't know for how long the NDA's last.

There's also the camera man that leaked Britney's letter, I forgot his name. There's so many people they could at least try to contact.

What I see as the problem here, is that people focus too much on the #freebritney, as a movement, as the phenomenon it is, its causes and consequences, and that's fine, because that's what shed some light to Britney's case. But the documentaries need to be about her conservatorship, not whether the movement is legit or not, I think that's already been established. I wish someone did an exhaustive research on the conservatorship itself, following all the available documents, the hearings, the timeline, what the law says and what they ultimately did instead, maybe other examples of conservatorships, because here we saw that woman, but that sounded very anecdotal to make a conclusion, but when you see how common the cship abuse is, that makes it more clear.

• Like 9

Ok i just finished watching it, i was scared after reading some comments but i really liked it. I think it is another step in the right direction after FBS, a little bit more deep on the conservatorship for the general public to learn more. The fanbase is not the target audience, since we already know most of the facts.

Yes , we know that for Britney to reach freedom it will take loooong time, we know that... and will still be here until it happens.

Also, i think it was good to call out fans who threaten people, this doesn't help Britney or the cause. It is not ok to send dead threats, it is not acceptable and just helps Team Con. I hope this stops soon. Looking forward to the Netflix documentary, i hope they take it to the next level.

13 hours ago, LFurbish89 said:

They were ABSOLUTELY sent by supporters of the movement. This movement has involved MANY lost people searching for fulfillment through “helping” someone they do not know. 

That’s not true. If you’re not a part of the movement after finding out everything we have then you really shouldn’t even comment on it.

Would you prefer we go back to being blissfully ‘unaware’ while she halfassedly dances for us in underwear on stage by her fathers command in order to get a couple of hours with her sons at the weekends? 

After having some time to think about it, I don't think this was that good. The higlights are Lou Taylor, the dementia claim and the conservatorship abuse case which were not explored in depth and he even claimed that he couldn't verify the validity of the document when it is publicly available in the court website? Like, how lazy can you be, isn't this your job? :wyd_wtf_meme_hand_umm_wth_what_the_hell: Also why waste your small 1 hour slot with people that allegedly know her or haven't even't spoken to her in the last 10 years? Lisa is very knowlegeble on the topic and she was there for 30 seconds speaking very vaguely, why not give her more time? I guess we do need time to know what is Britney's favourite restaurant in Kentwood, that is very important information. And why include Perez Hilton and the paparazzi, what did they contribute to? If they wanted a different opinion maybe get somebody that doesn't obviously hate Britney and knows what conservatorships are.

• Love 2
  • Like 1

After watching this movie a second time, I made sure that I was disappointed with this documentary.

Freebritney has been portrayed as a "crazy movement" who threatens to kill LOU-LOU. They do not presented, the fact that Jamie has a restraining order  against to their grandchildren. They didn't say that LOU-LOU was trying to put Lindsay Lohan in a conservatorship.

They did not discuss the vital issue of the small fortune of a living legend who had worked nonstop for 13 years. They did not say that Britney is afraid of her father, which is documented in court papers, and that she is grateful to her fans.

Instead, they preferred to put an interview with Brian who, rather than showing how much Britney is controlled, preferred to say how mean her fans were to him.

I'm not even going to go into discussing the participation of Perez, Billy, and that paparazzo (they're not worth it). I hope Netflix puts a lot of effort into making their documentary.

• Love 1
  • Like 4
22 hours ago, ifuseekleon said:

I'm halfway through it..

More info is brought up in this one

the death threats to Lou aren't/weren't necessary, those fans were just fueling her narrative that we're all crazy 

Brian actually comes off as endearing 

Yas Jordan

:lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

The death threats where unnecessary yes, but attacking her definitely wasn’t. She’s scum.

• Like 3

Investigative journalism should deal with the facts, that is, with the contradictions in the court papers. As the "fourth power in the state" in a democracy, the press has a guardian function - alongside the three cornerstones of the separation of powers (legislative, executive, judicial).
The media support citizens in forming their opinions. They are a democratic instrument of criticism and control of power. The media should expose what some people would like to keep hidden. I Here the press has completely failed again. It seems the world is not ready to help Britney, Or just in tiny little doses. In Europe, people are suing the Supreme Court for their freedoms just because they are supposed to stay home "two days" because of the pandemic. Britney has been without rights for 13 years but it's accepted. I expect a good journalist to check every single court paper for its legality. And then you can do a documentation

• Love 3

I watched the documentary, and for me, it was a lot better then "framing Britney Spears". But still, I'm waiting for one that will take lawyers specialized in conservatorships and break down every document from a legal perspective...
But I don't understand, why she still isn't able to pick her own attorney? And is her current lawyer public defender or is he state appointed attorney?

• Love 1