OMG. What's your reaction to the BBC's new Britney documentary?!

The part with Peter Falk's daughter and her words about conservatorship abuse and her experience crushed me and honestly killed some of my hopes. Not gonna lie......When she said: court appointed conservators are much worse 💔😭

I liked the vibe of it. I hoped they dug deeper into all the people making money off her. Its worth a watch!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, ConceptD said:

I didn’t like the presenter very much. He was very dismissive of the fans from the moment he saw the death threats to Lou. I honestly don’t believe those death threats are even real or were sent by fans, but if they were then they weren’t sent by actual supporters of the movement. 

This hasn’t done much to help Britneys case, but I don’t think it’s really damaged it either so oh well. 

They were ABSOLUTELY sent by supporters of the movement. This movement has involved MANY lost people searching for fulfillment through “helping” someone they do not know. 

• Like 3

Eh. The documentary paints Britney in a good light but does put SOME doubt on the whole #FreeBritney movement, and definitely makes her fans look crazy. 

It’s OK, nothing new really. I like that they mentioned Lou though, but they didn’t bring up anything that actually links her to all of this. Other than that it was just surface level stuff. 

• Love 1
  • Like 2
14 minutes ago, e_ffen said:

Eh. The documentary paints Britney in a good light but does put SOME doubt on the whole #FreeBritney movement, and definitely makes her fans look crazy. 

It’s OK, nothing new really. I like that they mentioned Lou though, but they didn’t bring up anything that actually links her to all of this. Other than that it was just surface level stuff. 

You should be able to watch it here https://a.cockfile.com/OdqOBm.mp4

You’ll need a VPN however! There are many free ones or ones with free trials. 

It has no audio

1 hour ago, IAmJustAKnee said:

As someone who is very busy is this worth the watch? The reception here seems mixed and I also don't care to see Perez :selenerz_selena_crying_tears_sad:

Trust me I was put off by the idea of him being in it as well but the doc was really well balanced (more towards free Britney) and Perez didn't come across as badly as we all thought he would. Give it a watch! :wink_britney_everytime_white:

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, LFurbish89 said:

They were ABSOLUTELY sent by supporters of the movement. This movement has involved MANY lost people searching for fulfillment through “helping” someone they do not know. 

I mean technically we are all rooting for someone we don't know, it's just that there are always psycho people taking it to far, in any fanbase or activist group. No rational person in #FreeBritney thinks it is a good idea to send death threats to team con. :mhmnod_yes_agree_nodding:

I just watched it on BBC iPlayer. For those who can’t watch it at the moment, I’m sure there will be a link when it’s officially broadcast on BBC two on Wednesday. The impact will be bigger cause not everyone goes on BBC iPlayer to watch stuff.  I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but just know it will continue to help raise awareness which is what Britney needs for her case right now. Nothing that was said was anything new, but for those who are not aware it will definitely help bring awareness to her situation.

The presenter, I don’t particularly like how he portrayed the fans. Kinda dismissive when the fans are the reason these documentaries are being made. I get it that he was trying to present both sides of the story, but it could’ve been done in a more sympathetic kinda way like Framing. However, just know the majority of what was said was in Britney’s favour. Also, you get the sense that he was pessimistic about Britney’s situation as he was discovering new information. I don’t blame him, but come on we don’t need that it’s already bad enough...we don’t need someone coming in showing us how it’s near impossible to get her free. Especially when he interviewed the lady that talked about her famous dad being in a conservatorship, it was disheartening hearing her say that she believes they will never let Britney go. Towards the end I just felt sad, its now more than enough clear that this conservatorship was fraudulent and unjust. The amount of exploitation is unreal. The money that all these horrible people continues to make will give them no incentive to end it. However, that does not mean we should give up fighting for what is right. Like Britney once said on the letter she wanted the photographer to read to her fans, just because she doesn’t have the legal rights to stop them exploiting her then and now, it doesn’t mean it is right for them to continue to exploit her. We are fighting for what is right here, we shouldn’t give up just because it seems impossible. We need to continue until Britney regains her rights back so she can stop these f......from continuing their control and abuse. God is with Britney, I just know. She will be free and there’ll be a happily ending. 

• Love 6

I just finished it. It's a really great watch, it felt more 'investigative' than Framing Britney, I think Morbeed did a good job at researching information. 

The doc portrays both the good and bad about the c-ship, which in a way is good as it has to show a balanced view, although it does seem to lean more towards the c-ship not being any good for Britney. Obviously not much I as a fan didn't already know but I think it paints a good picture for members of the GP who might not know much. We also got to see the docs claiming Britney has dementia. 

I felt bad for Brian Frieman when he described the death threats he received from fans in regards to the HIAM video and the fact he doesn't work with Britney anymore. Obviously the fans sending death threats to Lou Taylor is concerning as well, if true. Regardless of what you think of someone sending death threats is never okay, and it makes us as a fanbase look crazy.

It was great to see Jordan in the doc, I didn't realise Jamie was actually screaming down the phone to him though :sad_britney_ftr_for_the_record:

I feel like the doc may have been trying to portray Perez in a sympathetic light during his interview, and I think he may regret treating Britney the way he did back in 2007/2008, but I still don't like him.

Regardless of what you think about Billy B, he does seem to be very anti c-ship, and he had nothing but praise for Britney as well.

The daughter of the actor who was placed into a c-ship (can't remember his name) was really sad to watch. She doesn't seem to think Britney will be able to get out of the c-ship.

It's hard to compare it to Framing Britney, both are very different docs that did very different jobs, but this is worth a watch. 

Edited by Isla
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, kleinbritney said:

nt3cmpel.jpg

The world now knows Lou Taylor.
In Europe, Britney's court documents about her dementia hit the headlines

I wonder why they didn't use a photo of Sam Ingscam. The world should see this criminal face.:chrissy_xtina_head_tilt_purse_sass: