#FreeBritney group sends letter to Sam Ingham demanding he terminate the conservatorship

6 hours ago, ♔ monalisaney ♚ said:

How is this treating britney like a child? Stay watching while people do something about it :clown_meme__makeup_green:

"The movement" needs to ask for Britney's permission first if they are going to take actions that are going to personally affect her.

For instance, one of the lawyers could reach out to Lynne's lawyer, to Loeb & Loeb, or to one of Britney's other contacts in order to try to convey the message.

To not ask her for her consent first is removing her sense of agency — her ability to make her own free choice about this...Not asking permission is the very definition of what Jamie has been doing to her for the past 12 years. It is the equivalent of treating her like a child.

"The movement" can do better.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1
9 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

"The movement" needs to ask for Britney's permission first if they are going to take actions that are going to personally affect her.

For instance, one of the lawyers could reach out to Lynne's lawyer, to Loeb & Loeb, or to one of Britney's other contacts in order to try to convey the message.

To not ask her for her consent first is removing her sense of agency — her ability to make her own free choice about this...Not asking permission is the very definition of what Jamie has been doing to her for the past 12 years. It is the equivalent of treating her like a child.

"The movement" can do better.

Girl don't act a fool, you know damn well that people have been contacting those around her for the last 2 years. Also Loeb and Loeb doesn't work for Britney, they work for Ingham, so at least get that right. ALSO we know that Britney has tried to terminate this conservatorship. ALSO I see you everywhere defending these fools and putting the movement down, go read lawyersforbrit and leave the rest of us alone :clown_meme__makeup_green:

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, ♔ monalisaney ♚ said:

Girl don't act a fool, you know damn well that people have been contacting those around her for the last 2 years. Also Loeb and Loeb doesn't work for Britney, they work for Ingham, so at least get that right. ALSO we know that Britney has tried to terminate this conservatorship. ALSO I see you everywhere defending these fools and putting the movement down, go read lawyersforbrit and leave the rest of us alone :clown_meme__makeup_green:

You completely missed the point.

It's not about whether or not she's tried to terminate the conservatorship. It's not about whether anyone has contacted those around her for the past 2 years.

Did they contact those around her on this? Or did they simply take it upon themselves and do it on their own?

If they did get her permission first, why is everyone so defensive? :mariahstare_carey_annoyed_um_irritated:

Here's the thing...I'm not here for anyone but Britney and her boys...So I will continue to ask questions of "the movement" because ya'll sat around for 10 years doing absolutely nothing for her except buy concert tickets and merch. Now that you're all actually doing something, I see some of you falling under the "bad ally" category. Some of you fall under the "good ally" category, and that's amazing! But those who are being bad allies need to do better.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I just presented on this topic to a couple of high school classes a few weeks ago, so I'm going to copy and paste my notes here...

Allyship

What is an ally? 

• An ally is a member of the dominant group who questions or rejects the dominant ideology about Britney and works against oppression through support of, and as an advocate for, the oppressed population Britney.” (Minneapolis Committee on Civil Rights) 
  • This is about unequal power relations. 
  • A practice and a process — not an identity or a role. 

What makes a bad ally? :nopingout_meme:

• Doing more talking than listening. 
  • Taking the lead, putting yourself up front. 
  • Using activism as a stepping stone to obtaining something for yourself. 
  • Doing it because it gives you a “warm and fuzzy feeling.” 
  • Not being tuned in to other people’s Britney's emotions.
  • Expecting Britney to educate you about how they’ve she's been oppressed or about ongoing issues. 

What does good allyship look like? :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Listening. 
  • Assisting Britney on their her terms. 
  • Placing ourselves behind them her, moving them her to the front. 
  • Being humble and responsible. 
  • Do the heavy lifting yourself when it comes to learning about how they’ve she's been oppressed. 
  • Read about probate laws…and then spread your knowledge. 
  • Call out oppression when you see it happening. Say something! But try to “call in” instead of “call out.” Send a private message, don’t embarrass or insult others. Try to educate them instead. 

I'm not sure if I've ever given a presentation on ethics and consent...but if I have you can expect that to show up here, too. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

I started reading this and I don't agree. I mean, if you a micromanagement totalitarian then this is what you expect from people but we are not all little worker ants, we are INDIVIDUALS. 

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I just presented on this topic to a couple of high school classes a few weeks ago, so I'm going to copy and paste my notes here...

Allyship

What is an ally? 

• An ally is a member of the dominant group who questions or rejects the dominant ideology about Britney and works against oppression through support of, and as an advocate for, the oppressed population Britney.” (Minneapolis Committee on Civil Rights) 
  • This is about unequal power relations. 
  • A practice and a process — not an identity or a role. 

What makes a bad ally? :nopingout_meme:

• Doing more talking than listening. 
  • Taking the lead, putting yourself up front. 
  • Using activism as a stepping stone to obtaining something for yourself. 
  • Doing it because it gives you a “warm and fuzzy feeling.” 
  • Not being tuned in to other people’s Britney's emotions.
  • Expecting Britney to educate you about how they’ve she's been oppressed or about ongoing issues. 

What does good allyship look like? :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Listening. 
  • Assisting Britney on their her terms. 
  • Placing ourselves behind them her, moving them her to the front. 
  • Being humble and responsible. 
  • Do the heavy lifting yourself when it comes to learning about how they’ve she's been oppressed. 
  • Read about probate laws…and then spread your knowledge. 
  • Call out oppression when you see it happening. Say something! But try to “call in” instead of “call out.” Send a private message, don’t embarrass or insult others. Try to educate them instead. 

I'm not sure if I've ever given a presentation on ethics and consent...but if I have you can expect that to show up here, too. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

If the Gram Girls followed this advice then the movement never would have kicked off like this. Do you think they should have asked Britney's team before releasing the voicemail? You have def exposed flaws in the US Education system with this. 

Edited by jordeezy
  • Love 5

I hope I never have an accident and @ Steel Magnolia is coming. She would first ask if she could save my life.

Incidentally, it has never done any harm to stand up for a just cause. Whether it concerns me personally is irrelevant. Besides, it's not just about Britney. This is a precedent of perhaps many hundreds of thousands of people who are also under guardianship will help. We fight for a just cause and that is important.

• Love 4
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

I started reading this and I don't agree. I mean, if you a micromanagement totalitarian then this is what you expect from people but we are not all little worker ants, we are INDIVIDUALS. 

1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

If the Gram Girls followed this advice then the movement never would have kicked off like this. Do you think they should have asked Britney's team before releasing the voicemail? You have def exposed flaws in the US Education system with this. 

Well, perhaps you should re-think whether advocacy is for you then? :slowdown_down_cardib_b_cardi_um_fast_confused_what_stare:

There's a huge difference between releasing a voicemail and getting personally involved in someone's court case.

There's a line there that is being crossed.

On 4/21/2021 at 1:51 AM, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

Sorry, but I don’t think the fans should be contacting anyone directly in regards to the whole thing.
That’s up to Britney & her lawyer, no judge is going to take stans seriously. 

Britney is fine and happy. You people are not

10 minutes ago, Gayseus911 said:

Britney is fine and happy. You people are not

If Britney is fine and happy...What is the point of this thread? 

You're contradicting yourself.

I've been working in advocacy for almost 20 years now...Things have changed a lot over the past 10 years...There's been much more emphasis put on the active participation of those who are the recipients of the advocacy.

The threat letter to Ingham is fine if those who sent it sought out Britney's permission first — or at least attempted to...But to assume she welcomes and wants this threat letter, without seeking out her input beforehand, is crossing a line into her personal life that she may not be comfortable with or ready for.

Remember, this is all about Britney, the human being — not Britney, the celebrity. Her feelings should be the focus here, not the feelings of those doing the advocacy work on her behalf. If Britney's feelings are not the focus, then this is just a bunch of people playing "hero" to make themselves feel better. And nobody wants that.

• Like 1

So you are around 45 years old. 

Then I shouldn't have to explain an open letter

An open letter is a letter that is published as a brochure, in the press, or other media. Due to the form of the open letter, the recipient is often asked to comment publicly on the subject of the letter. An open letter is linked to a petition or press release and can be used as a PR tool. The open letter in its most well-known form is often used to confront people of public interest, associations or companies with controversial statements, broken promises or falsehoods or to provoke the addressee to take action that is necessary from the author's point of view. This is by no means a threatening letter. It is a critical opinion piece on a contemporary socio-political issue. Britney wrote open letters too, if I remember correctly.

33 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

So you are around 45 years old. 

Then I shouldn't have to explain an open letter

An open letter is a letter that is published as a brochure, in the press, or other media. Due to the form of the open letter, the recipient is often asked to comment publicly on the subject of the letter. An open letter is linked to a petition or press release and can be used as a PR tool. The open letter in its most well-known form is often used to confront people of public interest, associations or companies with controversial statements, broken promises or falsehoods or to provoke the addressee to take action that is necessary from the author's point of view. This is by no means a threatening letter. It is a critical opinion piece on a contemporary socio-political issue. Britney wrote open letters too, if I remember correctly.

I'm going to assume your comments are addressed to me.

The Blast article says this letter:

- Gives Ingham an ultimatum — and if he doesn't comply with the demands there are consequences.
- Outlines what the consequences will be if he doesn't comply — an investigation.
- Gives a date which with the ultimatum must be complied with.
- Gives a very short time frame for the ultimatum considering the complexity of the conservatorship.

That sure sounds like a threat to me!

Now what do you think the consequences will be if Ingham doesn't comply by the arbitrary date outlined in the letter — and an investigation is immediately launched?

Have you ever considered that Jamie Spears is a documented physical and emotional abuser who currently holds power over all aspects of Britney's life? Have you ever considered that multiple members of Britney's family may end up with criminal charges out of all of this? I know you would all love nothing more than to watch them all burn — but is that what Britney wants? 

Britney is in a very vulnerable place at the moment...For every action there is a reaction.

Centering Britney's feelings in this — and not your own — is the least you could do for her right now. She deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and reaching out to her first to ensure this is a welcomed move is a way to honor that.

10 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

- Gives Ingham an ultimatum — and if he doesn't comply with the demands there are consequences.
- Outlines what the consequences will be if he doesn't comply — an investigation.
- Gives a very short time frame for the ultimatum considering the complexity of the conservatorship.

Now what do you think the consequences will be if Ingham doesn't comply by the arbitrary date outlined in the letter — and an investigation is immediately launched?

Have you ever considered that Jamie Spears is a documented physical and emotional abuser who currently holds power over all aspects of Britney's life? Have you ever considered that multiple members of Britney's family may end up with criminal charges out of all of this? I know you would all love nothing more than to watch them all burn — but is that what Britney wants? 

Britney is in a very vulnerable place at the moment...For every action there is a reaction.

Centering Britney's feelings in this — and not your own — is the least you could do for her right now. She deserves to be treated with dignity and respect, and reaching out to her first to ensure this is a welcomed move is a way to honor that.

why don't you just read the open letter instead of quoting "The Blast?

The open letter has been expanded because of the new knowledge. 

https://inghamenditnow.com/

24 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Sadly no1 can reach her. She lives in the bubble with minimum interactions. But i do get your point. I also think threats won't make it any better but  maybe that publicity will at least shake that current situation. Also they can't keep acting like it is not any1s bussiness. World is so changed right now-sm, people can really make an impact by voicing their thoughts. This is what freeBritney is about for me-voicing concerns about well being of Britney Spears and legality of restraints she is under. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

why don't you just read the open letter instead of quoting "The Blast?

The open letter has been expanded because of the new knowledge. 

https://inghamenditnow.com/

5 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

AP

How is this any different than what I've written above?

This letter gives him an ultimatum, with a short time frame attached, and outlines what the consequences will be.

It's a threat letter.

And again...Why is it so hard to wrap your head around the idea that Britney should consent to such a move before it is taken?

Her conservatorship involves very personal matters, including her medical treatment, the custody of her children, and a Conservator who is a physical and emotional abuser.

Why. Is. This. So. Hard.

8 minutes ago, icybaby said:

Sadly no1 can reach her. She lives in the bubble with minimum interactions. But i do get your point. I also think threats won't make it any better but  maybe that publicity will at least shake that current situation. Also they can't keep acting like it is not any1s bussiness. World is so changed right now-sm, people can really make an impact by voicing their thoughts. This is what freeBritney is about for me-voicing concerns about well being of Britney Spears and legality of restraints she is under. 

Did they try to reach her first?

They owe that to her...To at least make several attempts at reaching out.

I'm not saying the letter is wrong...I'm saying that there must be an attempt made to gain her permission before making these kinds of moves.

27 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

How is this any different than what I've written above?

This letter gives him an ultimatum, with a short time frame attached, and outlines what the consequences will be.

It's a threat letter.

And again...Why is it so hard to wrap your head around the idea that Britney should consent to such a move before it is taken?

Her conservatorship involves very personal matters, including her medical treatment, the custody of her children, and a Conservator who is a physical and emotional abuser.

Why. Is. This. So. Hard.

Again, this is not a threatening letter. This is an open letter denouncing grievances in relation to guardianship. This form of public relations is legitimate and legal. If Ingham has always behaved loyally, he can certainly prove that.
There is general consensus that genuine threats to Britney's family or lawyers are not the target of the movement and will harm it.

Besides, even the New York Times couldn't reach Britney. So what's the nonsense that we should ask britney for permission. The guardianship is also terminated against Britney's will because it is legally not allowed to exist.

2 minutes ago, kleinbritney said:

Again, this is not a threatening letter. This is an open letter denouncing grievances in relation to guardianship. This form of public relations is legitimate and legal. If Ingham has always behaved loyally, he can certainly prove that.
There is general consensus that genuine threats to Britney's family or lawyers are not the target of the movement and will harm it.

This form of "public relations" may be legitimate and legal...

But you're missing the point.

If nobody reached out to Britney first to ask her permission or at least warn her that her lawyer has been given an ultimatum of an investigation if he doesn't comply by a certain date you may:

- catch her off guard
- make her feel disrespected
- give her anxiety 
- make her feel as if she has no control

This isn't about you or anyone else...This is about her.

Unless it's not actually about her, and this is about a group of people "playing hero" and making themselves feel good...Which is the way it's beginning to look.

6 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

If nobody reached out to Britney first to ask her permission or at least warn her that her lawyer has been given an ultimatum of an investigation if he doesn't comply by a certain date you may:

- catch her off guard
- make her feel disrespected
- give her anxiety 
- make her feel as if she has no control

Whilst the belief that Ingham is employing a strategy at the moment is not widely supported by the fanbase anymore, I'm wondering if this letter could potentially disrupt how Britney is involved through the courts via Ingham. 

But maybe I'm wrong IDK. 

• Like 1