#FreeBritney group sends letter to Sam Ingham demanding he terminate the conservatorship

#FreeBritney advocates wrote a letter and sent it to Britney's court-appointed attorney, Sam Ingham, in the hopes that it'll inspire him to file to terminate the conservatorship, The Blast reports.

They gave him until Mother's Day to do so, otherwise this group, which includes "accountants, lawyers, journalists, and other professionals," included a "non-exhaustive" list of facts gathered from the public case. 

That list includes examples proving Britney's capacity does not warrant a conservatorship. 

They cite Britney releasing albums, making appearances, performing and more. 

If Ingham ignores the letter and fails to file the petition in the case, the group claims they will demand an investigation into the conservatorship and "all of the individuals that participated in its creation and permanence."britney-petition.jpg.95a9284bc5e049c41f38e9282967f345.jpg

Thoughts? Is this the way to go?

GIF davonne rogers - animated GIF on GIFER

• Love 6
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Derrick said:

I just cannot imagine with all the heat from the public that progress is nearly non existent with this whole conservativeship.

I just hope we the fans can continue and that they feel our wrath if this never does change. We need to protest CA laws not only for Britney’s sake but for future abuse from the elderly, disabled and vulnerable. Greedy people must die. 

S6B.gif

• Like 1
7 hours ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

Sorry, but I don’t think the fans should be contacting anyone directly in regards to the whole thing.
That’s up to Britney & her lawyer, no judge is going to take stans seriously. 

I agree.

It's especially important to obtain her consent before doing this — or at least show that there have been several documented attempts to obtain her consent.

Otherwise, fans are doing the exact same thing that they are accusing Jamie of — removing her agency.

There is millions of dollars on the line here, and directly contacting the players in this can have a real effect on both the outcome of the case and what Britney has to deal with in her everyday life. I understand that it makes fans "feel good" and that they think they're helping, but this can also have detrimental benefits to Britney that they may not anticipate.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, WhatTheHellWhoCares? said:

Sorry, but I don’t think the fans should be contacting anyone directly in regards to the whole thing.
That’s up to Britney & her lawyer, no judge is going to take stans seriously. 

Several legal advisors are involved as well. Think of all the big shot attorneys waiting for their place in the history book, beacause they were the ones who freed Britney. As soon as the governor signs that bill that was passed he needs to visit Britney personally & inform her of her right to hire her own counsel. Her team is obviously not gonna inform her, I'd bet money she has zero clue she has the right to terminate or that her CONservatorship is "voluntary". (Which honestly sounds like bull**** itself considering how Vivian said no c-ship case she was involved in was successfully terminated & the fact that they felt the need to change it from temporary to permanent. There has to be a lot of manipulation & strings being pulled behind the scenes, it's very clear this is far from normal

• Love 1
  • Like 2
2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I agree.

It's especially important to obtain her consent before doing this — or at least show that there have been several documented attempts to obtain her consent.

Otherwise, fans are doing the exact same thing that they are accusing Jamie of — removing her agency.

There is millions of dollars on the line here, and directly contacting the players in this can have a real effect on both the outcome of the case and what Britney has to deal with in her everyday life. I understand that it makes fans "feel good" and that they think they're helping, but this can also have detrimental benefits to Britney that they may not anticipate.

Of course 'steel magnolias" is here with an anti Free Britney "think piece" ending with an unnecessary dark allusion. A group of fans & lawyers sending a letter to her court appointed attorney who is currently dealing with other accusations of c-ship corruption is far from "detrimental" to Britney. Neither is the Twitter account leaking that interview from Sam L spilling the tea on what really got the c-ship started. Both benefit Britney & voice her side. Actions that could actually be "detrimental" would most likely involve slanderous comments painting her out to be crazy, discrediting the movement, or actually believing the California Court System is working in her best interest. This is someone's life, 13 years have already been stolen from her. Anything voicing that she was wrong & deserves freedom is **** fantastic & far from "dEtRiMENTAL".  Britney "welcomes and appreciates the informed support of her many fans".

• Love 5
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Of course 'steel magnolias" is here with an anti Free Britney "think piece" ending with an unnecessary dark allusion. A group of fans & lawyers sending a letter to her court appointed attorney who is currently dealing with other accusations of c-ship corruption is far from "detrimental" to Britney. Neither is the Twitter account leaking that interview from Sam L spilling the tea on what really got the c-ship started. Both benefit Britney & voice her side. Actions that could actually be "detrimental" would most likely involve slanderous comments painting her out to be crazy, discrediting the movement, or actually believing the California Court System is working in her best interest. This is someone's life, 13 years have already been stolen from her. Anything voicing that she was wrong & deserves freedom is **** fantastic & far from "dEtRiMENTAL".  Britney "welcomes and appreciates the informed support of her many fans".

You said it yourself  — "informed support."

She hasn't asked, at this point in time, for fans to get personally involved.

Absolutely anyone who works in justice-centred law or with vulnerable people will tell you how important the consent process is...that is a must.

To deny Britney the opportunity to consent to this is not being a good ally. I don't care how you spin it.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Steel Magnolia said:

You said it yourself  — "informed support."

She hasn't asked, at this point in time, for fans to get personally involved.

Absolutely anyone who works in justice-centred law or with vulnerable people will tell you how important the consent process is...that is a must.

To deny Britney the opportunity to consent to this is not being a good ally. I don't care how you spin it.

Since it’s so crucial, please elaborate & explain to all of us how the fans would go about getting this “consent”? Should they call her on her cellphone?? Email her on the email address her manager says she doesn’t have??

• Like 1
1 minute ago, RedBloodedWoman said:

Since it’s so crucial, please elaborate & explain to all of us how the fans would go about getting this “consent”? Should they call her on her cellphone?? Email her on the email address her manager says she doesn’t have??

If it's true that legal advisors are involved, have those advisors reached out and contacted those around her to try to convey the message?

- Lynne Spears?
- Sam Asghari?
- Felicia Culotta?
- Cade Hudson?
- Loeb & Loeb?

That's just off the top of my head, but any number of them should be easy to reach through either social media or their places of work.

There needs to at least be attempts made and documented...We're dealing with a complex court case here, headed up by someone who is a documented physical and emotional abuser. There are power structures at play, and as long as Jamie retains control over Britney in her daily life it isn't necessarily doing her a favour to insert an unexpected threat to his power.

7 hours ago, ConceptD said:

The movement is more than just stans at this point. Her lawyer has proven time and time again that he isn’t willing to do anything in her favour and it’s really really unclear what Britney even knows she’s allowed to do by law. Her only information comes from her court appointed attorney who earns 10k a week which is a clear and blatant conflict of interest. 

At this point I'm convinced that these people just enjoy being dumb. After two years I'm starting to lose patience

I just presented on this topic to a couple of high school classes a few weeks ago, so I'm going to copy and paste my notes here...

Allyship

What is an ally? 

• An ally is a member of the dominant group who questions or rejects the dominant ideology about Britney and works against oppression through support of, and as an advocate for, the oppressed population Britney.” (Minneapolis Committee on Civil Rights) 
  • This is about unequal power relations. 
  • A practice and a process — not an identity or a role. 

What makes a bad ally? :nopingout_meme:

• Doing more talking than listening. 
  • Taking the lead, putting yourself up front. 
  • Using activism as a stepping stone to obtaining something for yourself. 
  • Doing it because it gives you a “warm and fuzzy feeling.” 
  • Not being tuned in to other people’s Britney's emotions.
  • Expecting Britney to educate you about how they’ve she's been oppressed or about ongoing issues. 

What does good allyship look like? :yay_britney_excited_ftr_for_the_record_2008_cheering_clapping:

• Listening. 
  • Assisting Britney on their her terms. 
  • Placing ourselves behind them her, moving them her to the front. 
  • Being humble and responsible. 
  • Do the heavy lifting yourself when it comes to learning about how they’ve she's been oppressed. 
  • Read about probate laws…and then spread your knowledge. 
  • Call out oppression when you see it happening. Say something! But try to “call in” instead of “call out.” Send a private message, don’t embarrass or insult others. Try to educate them instead. 

I'm not sure if I've ever given a presentation on ethics and consent...but if I have you can expect that to show up here, too. :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm:

• Like 1