Were there any upcoming popstars that you thought would overpower Britney?

5 hours ago, Goten21 said:

Justin Bieber

teenage sensation judged for no reason other than being popular, went off the deep end (according to the media) and managed to recover with a comeback era

I was correct

:clicktina_xtina_christina_aguilera_mouse_computer:

I always think 

my world ——— BOMT (blew up w the first single, Teeny bop)

my world 2.0 ———OIDIA (similar vibe, another smash single.)

believe - Britney (more adult image, popularity soaring) 

Purpose ———- ITZ (absolute peak of artistry, continuing adult image. Toxic and sorry both second singles that were smashes) 

but then.....

changes - blackout (changes cannot compare to the artistry of blackout and pushing the production boundaries) and

Justice - circus (huge comeback album? I don’t think so) 

justin really ****ed up the trajectory lol 

• Haha 2
  • Like 2

Christina back in the early days. 

when gaga came out too I was like oh **** hello there next Britney! But they’ve had very different careers. 

miley Cyrus during can’t be tamed / bangers eras when she was everywhere

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Lol, if anything, it's the other way around. She legit gave her free promo:

If there's anyone Taylor has to thank, it's Shania Twain for making pop transitions cool.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA you really are sick 

Without Britney's success with Baby One More Time in '98 there literally wouldn't be Gaga, Taylor, Ariana etc. now. It was a time of boys bands and grown vocalists, Britney showed everyone again that teen female pop star can be extremely successful and every label wanted to have their own Britney Spears and they were looking for female pop stars only because of Britney. She started that process again and it's here to this day. Without it your fave wouldn't exist in music industry. Educate yourself first, then talk 

2 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHA you really are sick 

Without Britney's success with Baby One More Time in '98 there literally wouldn't be Gaga, Taylor, Ariana etc. now. It was a time of boys bands and grown vocalists, Britney showed everyone again that teen female pop star can be extremely successful and every label wanted to have their own Britney Spears and they were looking for female pop stars only because of Britney. She started that process again and it's here to this day. Without it your fave wouldn't exist in music industry. Educate yourself first, then talk 

Correction, Jessica Simpson brought back teen pop, not Britney. Educate yourself. :clownery_makeup_meme:

Britney even had the audacity to shamelessly copy the I Wanna Love You Forever MV when making From the Bottom of My Broken Heart.

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

It's uncanny and shameless. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

• Love 1
  • Haha 7
3 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

Correction, Jessica Simpson brought back teen pop, not Britney. Educate yourself. :clownery_makeup_meme:

Britney even had the audacity to shamelessly copy the I Wanna Love You Forever MV when making From the Bottom of My Broken Heart.

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

It's uncanny and shameless. :tiffdrink_miss_ms_ny_new_york_drinking_sips_sipping_tea_straw:

Was she even successful? Not at all HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH you are really so dumb omg I really hope you are only trolling cause your case seems unsolvable 

10 minutes ago, Look But Don't Touch said:

Was she even successful? Not at all HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH you are really so dumb omg I really hope you are only trolling cause your case seems unsolvable 

If anything, Britney made it worse. She set an entire generation of aspiring female popstars up for a decade of objectification. She showed that you can only be a successful female teen pop artist if you show skin. Thankfully, Taylor Swift, the 2nd biggest female artist in the history of pop music (after Madonna, of course), came on the scene during the latter half of the 00s and showed the world that you can become a successful female artist in other ways.

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, iAlwaysSingLive said:

If anything, Britney made it worse. She set an entire generation of aspiring female popstars up for a decade of objectification. She showed that you can only be a successful female teen pop artist if you show skin. Thankfully, Taylor Swift, the 2nd biggest female artist in the history of pop music (after Madonna, of course), came on the scene during the latter half of the 00s and showed the world that you can become a successful female artist in other ways.

:ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle::ohreallylol_tiffany_pollard_miss_ms_new_york_ny_laugh_lol_haha_lmao_hehe_cackle:

If you are serious I hate you more than @OnlyBeyonce now

4 hours ago, dran said:

I was pretty butt hurt when Gaga came on the scene. I really had a hard time accepting that I liked her. It was a weird crisis LOL. I felt like I was cheating on Britney

SAME!!!!  I was so scared that Gaga was overtaking Britney’s spot in my life!  I felt like a traitor!!  I absolutely loved The Fame Monster, BTW, and Artpop...but once she switched it up with the Tony Bennett album, I lost interest and her last 2 albums were “meh” in my opinion. 😏

Since then, Britney has resumed her rightful place on the throne as the #1 artist in my life...and now the #FreeBritney movement has cemented her ICON status in my mind and I will never again question my loyalties to her! She is EVERYTHING!!!!

• Like 3

To overpower Britney, you have to change the game. 
I can’t think of anyone that even comes close. It’s easy to say Rihanna or Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift. While Rihanna has more hits, she IMO has not revolutionized the industry in ways Britney has.

Taylor Swift IMO is the closest artist to match Britney’s power, but still far from it. 

I don’t believe there will be anyone to overtake the power, but someone will come close to matching her power. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, _lebot said:

Gaga, in the room. So starstruck, cherry, cherry, cherry, boom, boom. :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh:
..Hasn’t gotten close though

But RedOne / Gaga is iconic. 

And yes, that's a producer "Martin Kierszenbaum" but Kirsche in german is cherry, so it's not that funny :ohwut_gaga_sunglasses_shocked_surprised_what_huh: