Is The Weeknd our generation's Michael Jackson?

I think they sound very much alike vocally. However Weeknd's Super Bowl performance was very underwhelming imo. Plus he is not acclaimed the same way as Michael. But vocally speaking i would say yes. But ofc he is not in that same league with MJ, Presley, Beatles, Rolling Stones. I don't see any contemporary artist being in that league regardless of how many Grammies they have "earned". Kanye, Beyoncé, Rihanna, Swift and Gaga are not up there either imo, despite their great sales :truthtea_sips_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_red_mug_spill:.

Nothing comes close to Heal The World, Earth Song, Billie Jean etc. Thriller as a song i think is not as amazing as everybody seems to think but that's just me i guess :yesokay_britney_blush_blink:

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Well he can’t dance, isn’t iconic, a boring performer, his music isn’t anywhere near as good as MJ’s so I’m going to say no :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Honestly his new stuff is fun ig but his old stuff was do much better imo. His old stuff was different and poetic. New stuff follows the same formula as EVERYONE THE **** ELSE. Makes me sad 

UMM NOOOO! Don’t get me wrong, I love The Weeknd. He’s a great artist. But he does not have the influence that Michael has, nor has he had any groundbreaking moments that sets himself apart.

There will never be another Michael. Just like there will never be another Madonna, Britney, Mariah. 
michael jackson GIF

• Love 9

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block