Is The Weeknd our generation's Michael Jackson?

You can’t compare current artists to past artists period. Culture changed the entertainment industry changed there is no mystique to celebrities anymore that make them untouchable. Their sole purpose these days is to be relatable and accessible. That alone changes their star power. There will never be that kind of person again. It died out with the YouTube generation. Once social media and streaming became the main players in developing celebrities it’s lost its magic.  

• Love 4

Britney Never got this hysteria 

Madonna never did

Beyonce somewhat but not close. 

Not even prince.  

A big reason why, is he literally grew up in the world's eyes to be the defining artist of his era. 

Even Sheryl crow said, imagine not being able to leave your hotel room, and have to fly by helicopter to get to the venuea where you are performing for 90,000 crazy fans nightly, that's how huge it was.

The saying is you had to be there, and boy I lived Michael Jackson mania, and nobody even got to his level of fame. 

It will never happen again

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
21 minutes ago, MonAmour said:

I’ve never heard of the weekend touch innocent little boys... so no. 

Those allegations were proven false. 

And ask the director of scamming Neverland how the part 2 is coming, oh right, nobody wants it cos the estate won their victory on HBO, and wade and the other guys new lawsuits were dismissed due to lack of evidence. 

• Love 2

michael jackson what GIF

no!! Just as everyone said above me, no,  The wkend is ok, but he and every other artist today draws from MJ's influence! (Britney, Beyonce, Gaga, I could go on and on) No one comes close to his magnitude!! I mean this man has been gone for almost 12 years and he's 86th in the world on spotify... He's the GOAT for a reason!! michael jackson GIF

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block