Is The Weeknd our generation's Michael Jackson?

14 hours ago, Spicechinodiva said:

Britney Never got this hysteria 

Madonna never did

Beyonce somewhat but not close. 

Not even prince.  

A big reason why, is he literally grew up in the world's eyes to be the defining artist of his era. 

Even Sheryl crow said, imagine not being able to leave your hotel room, and have to fly by helicopter to get to the venuea where you are performing for 90,000 crazy fans nightly, that's how huge it was.

The saying is you had to be there, and boy I lived Michael Jackson mania, and nobody even got to his level of fame. 

It will never happen again

MJ was self-absorbed maniac.

Not even. If I had to pick anyone that's similar I'd go with Bruno and even then he's not even close although he puts on a great show.

Michael was an originator. These are imitations. Frankly, I don't know that we'll see a celebrity of that magnitude and originality again.

The Weeknd only picked up the MJ thing to sell records and have broader appeal after it was noted how similar he sounded vocally to MJ. He used to make straight up sleepy stoner music and once he got mainstream he found co****e and some church shoes and got to moving but his dancing is no where near as iconic as MJ.

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block