Choreographer Brian Friedman shares rare footage of Britney rehearsing "Toxic" for the 2003 ABC Special

7 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

I bet her knees is not same after the injury. Maybe she's scared to hurt them again.

I mean, maybe? She hurt her knee in 1999 too and she needed surgery for it as well but she went on to do harder choreo after that so...I don't think it's the knee. I know she's older but plenty of females in the industry her age,like JLO and beyonce still give choreo and energy on stage and really go for it. 

Britney just seems so reserved now-a-days. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, DougFrmBrazil said:

Everyone jumping on FreeBritney bandwagon to get its 15 minutes.

Right? He didn’t have shyt to say when he did his little BreatheHeavy interview when asked about it , but now that it’s popular it’s #freebritney on every post smh

• Love 1
On 3/22/2021 at 12:05 AM, britneyluv said:

Brian was hands down her best choreographer. Out of everyone Britney worked with, more than anyone else Brian knew her strengths and how to highlight them to repeatedly create iconic moves that he was confident she would be able to nail.

I really think he studied what she did with her first two albums, realized the potential she had, and brought it out in a way that nobody has been able to do since. Just look at the choreos for Slave, Overprotected (both versions), MATM, and Boys. Nobody has been able to come close to the way Britney slayed these back in the day.

He was her dancer since Oops. He slowly moved as a choreographer assistant and co-choreographed with Wade Robson. I think he is great, but def Wade was one of the masterminds. It was Wade who created Slave. Also her Circus choreographer was fabulous (I temporarily forgot his name sorry.) 

• Like 2
11 hours ago, MeAgainstTheMusic_ said:

I don’t know why but I always got really bored with the Toxic performances. At least with MATM you’re watching for the routine. I don’t know why there’s just something so flat about her performances of Toxic. I feel like by 2004 she was over it.

I wish she’d tried to sing it live to add something different to it.

I know what you mean. Same feeling for me with Toxic, the Boys original version and MATM. I think she was not the one to blame, cause she was superb. I blame the lack of a nice break that could bring extra excitement to the song live. When they added the break to BOYS I felt it changed it completely and made it thrilling. Same with Overprotected Dark child, the performances became better. And the Me Against the Music performance from the 2003 Amas had a remix with a break and was great.