The 2021 Grammys ratings hit record low

Megan Thee Stallion and Cardi B destroyed that stage. Dua Lipa gave a career best. Definitely some memorable moments ....

to be honest though, the Grammy’s are still such a confusing mess. For me last night it felt like the academy was trying so hard to award black artists, but the sad thing is that those artists like HER and Megan Thee Stallion are instantly overshadowed in the headlines by the fact that yet again, Beyoncé lost the main categories. 

the past snubs for Beyoncé, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj, Tyler the Creator, Childish Gambino and others offer a trend that’s still relevant today. Though Megan saw some success last night, as did HER, the Grammy’s have a long way to go in righting choices of the past, and frankly I’m not sure people will ever let it go. 

it should be so simple too. Each genre category for album or song represents excellence in the category. But the top 3 categories should represent excellence that crosses the genres. When awards are awarded across all categories to the same artist for the same song or albums, people don’t forget that. This is the biggest negative trend the Grammy’s have fostered, and when you factor in the Fact that black artists are the most commonly overlooked (despite the fact that white artists are CONSISTENTLY appropriating their urban art and cultural style), at this point , I’m not surprised that people just don’t bother to care or give validity to these awards anymore.

I do Truly feel bad though, for these artists that win for the first time. For the entire show last night to be overshadowed by a trend of snubbing Beyoncé in the major categories, after she walks on stage for 5 seconds to accept an award, it’s just so sad for these new artists. 

note..... don’t come for me, none of this is a negative or slander on Beyoncé. I respect the hell out of her music, and she was just the most obvious point to be made 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MyLittlePopstar said:

I think it’s pretty funny all those delusional BTS fans thinking “they’re just using them for ratings and they saved them for the last performance to make us watch the whole thing” LOL. I’m not being a hater, I have nothing against BTS, but they’re obviously not as bid of a deal as their fans seem to think. 

They aren't. They scored a hit with Dynamite but that's it. They are too manufactured (they are like programmed ronots with 0 personality) and their songs are soooo cringe cause of the autotune. Their fans can't have it 2 women (Gaga and Ari) won the award over their favorite all male group so no they are spamming both ladies social media accounts trying to cancel them.

I mean...clearly s.xism to me. BTS fans are overall young people and it shows. They probably had to go to bed from mom and dad and they had to read about the grammys the morning after.....

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dr35 said:

Megan Thee Stallion and Cardi B destroyed that stage. Dua Lipa gave a career best. Definitely some memorable moments ....

to be honest though, the Grammy’s are still such a confusing mess. For me last night it felt like the academy was trying so hard to award black artists, but the sad thing is that those artists like HER and Megan Thee Stallion are instantly overshadowed in the headlines by the fact that yet again, Beyoncé lost the main categories. 

the past snubs for Beyoncé, Kanye West, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, Nicki Minaj, Tyler the Creator, Childish Gambino and others offer a trend that’s still relevant today. Though Megan saw some success last night, as did HER, the Grammy’s have a long way to go in righting choices of the past, and frankly I’m not sure people will ever let it go. 

it should be so simple too. Each genre category for album or song represents excellence in the category. But the top 3 categories should represent excellence that crosses the genres. When awards are awarded across all categories to the same artist for the same song or albums, people don’t forget that. This is the biggest negative trend the Grammy’s have fostered, and when you factor in the Fact that black artists are the most commonly overlooked (despite the fact that white artists are CONSISTENTLY appropriating their urban art and cultural style), at this point , I’m not surprised that people just don’t bother to care or give validity to these awards anymore.

I do Truly feel bad though, for these artists that win for the first time. For the entire show last night to be overshadowed by a trend of snubbing Beyoncé in the major categories, after she walks on stage for 5 seconds to accept an award, it’s just so sad for these new artists. 

note..... don’t come for me, none of this is a negative or slander on Beyoncé. I respect the hell out of her music, and she was just the most obvious point to be made 

The grammy panel is, as pointed out numerous times by artists, too old and don't have a single clue what's the trend these days.

9 hours ago, jcf523 said:

Cardi did not slay the stage lmao. Don’t get me wrong, I do love her and the performance had all the theatrics and all of the potential to be great, but she cannot dance and she should not dance. Her look slayed, I’ll give you that...but I definitely felt the cringe of second-hand embarrassment :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:  

Sis you think her looks slayed? Cause she looked like she was wearing a metal diaper:orangu_orangutan_ape:

I thought she looked winded but I liked her wig,it was cute :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: and the little flooreography her and meghan did.

• Haha 1

Not surprised. After Covid, it appears more and more people are tired of celebrity culture. Award shows have become more and more divisive. They preach politics to us, as if they are experts. They tell us to stay indoors while taking lavish vacations. And a lot of us are tired of filling their narcissistic egos. Make some good music and keep your mouth shut.  

• Like 3
11 hours ago, Korb said:

Sis you think her looks slayed? Cause she looked like she was wearing a metal diaper:orangu_orangutan_ape:

I thought she looked winded but I liked her wig,it was cute :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: and the little flooreography her and meghan did.

In comparison to her performance, the look slayed :martini_telling_talking_preaching_couch:

• Haha 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block