The 2021 Grammys ratings hit record low

• Leader

It's no surprise that each year, awards shows face record lows in the ratings. Nobody really wants to sit down and watch a three-hour telecast anymore when they can find the highlights online the next day.Β 

The Grammys were no exception.

According to a new report, around 8 million people tuned in.

In 2020 (pre-pandemic), 18.7 million people tuned in. Yea, that's a 10 million persons loss.Β 

Nonetheless, the Grammys this year was a good show. Props to Megan The Stallion for winning Best New Artist, Beyonce breaking the record, Taylor Swift scoring album of the year Dua Lipa winning and Cardi B slaying on stage.

Exhale, did YOU tune in? Judging by Exhale's traffic, I'mma say that's a no no. :jj_janet_smirk_hehe_haha_lmao_lol_giggle:

Β 

Related:

grammys-ratings.jpg.f499bf7d68937f8de720ce3def78e640.jpg

• Haha 4

i think that the Covid-19 pandemic has an huge impact on these events
These are rating of the most famous award show in Italy
Sanremo 2019: 10.086.000 l 49.5% shareΒ 
Sanremo 2020: 10.058.000 Β 52.2% share.
Sanremo 2021: 8.363.000 Β 46.6%Β 
Β 

The 2021 edition has the worst rating since 2008

• Love 1
  • Like 1

I think it’s pretty funny all those delusional BTS fans thinking β€œthey’re just using them for ratings and they saved them for the last performance to make us watch the whole thing” LOL. I’m not being a hater, I have nothing against BTS, but they’re obviously not as bid of a deal as their fans seem to think.Β 
Β 

• Love 3
  • Like 4

I keep believing people aren't here for this anymore, any awards show.Β 

TV in general seems to be getting behind the internet and streaming services each year, so they have to come up with something better to attract newer generations.

Β 

I think TV networks should create a some sort of musical platform for the artists to perform there, not just once a year, but something more regular, maybe like once a month, or every other month. A mega concert with multiple artists performing their latest hits, in the same fashion as an awards show, except without the awards. It could be either something like the iHeart Radio festival, or another format with less songs per artist, so more artists can participate.Β 

But tbh, if they will end up being uploaded to YouTube anyways, I don't know who's willing to watch an entire show, including all the commercial breaks, just to see their fave for a coupe of minutes.Β 

• Love 2
  • Like 4
14 minutes ago, MamboDoesItBetter said:

GRAMMYs lacked star power. Glad BeyoncΓ© made an appearance to make up for it. Glad MTS won and FolkBORE has payola πŸ’° written all over it. Fiona Apple should’ve been nominated and win AOTY forΒ β€œFetch The Boltcutters.” πŸ’―

☝🏻this 

#Fiona

• Like 1

Cardi did not slay the stage lmao. Don’t get me wrong, I do love her and the performance had all the theatrics and allΒ of the potential to be great, but she cannot dance and she should not dance. Her look slayed, I’ll give you that...butΒ I definitely felt the cringe of second-hand embarrassmentΒ :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:Β Β 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

I keep believing people aren't here for this anymore, any awards show.Β 

TV in general seems to be getting behind the internet and streaming services each year, so they have to come up with something better to attract newer generations.

Β 

I think TV networks should create a some sort of musical platform for the artists to perform there, not just once a year, but something more regular, maybe like once a month, or every other month. A mega concert with multiple artists performing their latest hits, in the same fashion as an awards show, except without the awards. It could be either something like the iHeart Radio festival, or another format with less songs per artist, so more artists can participate.Β 

But tbh, if they will end up being uploaded to YouTube anyways, I don't know who's willing to watch an entire show, including all the commercial breaks, just to see their fave for a coupe of minutes.Β 

i agree with you
Social media has completely ruined our way to experience those events
Who is gonna watch a full show anymore?
beside beyoncè's video i haven't watched a performance or a video from other artists
If you can pick your fave the next day there is no need anymore to see the full show

Not surprising! Grammys have been hit by Covid,Β being exposed for under the table bribing and inconsistent nominees and winners over the years.
Β 

I also think overall the celebrityΒ award show concept is very out of date with today’s world.Β Β They lack real star power and content that connects with the people.Β 

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Γ—
Γ—

We noticed you're using an ad blocker Β :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated πŸ’œΒ Β 

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. πŸ™

I've disabled ad block