Christina Aguilera working on her new album, talks about release strategy. UPDATE: Christina posted a message on her official website.

• Content Curators
On 7/7/2021 at 11:35 AM, Crabo Lavender Turmeric said:

Maybe she is doing a latin pop/ reggaetón album? hope the audience is ready for this sound

I hope it's mostly pop, I love reggaetón but, low-key I'm kinda of tired of it.

• Love 1

I wanna be there when you touch fire

• Content Curators
On 7/8/2021 at 2:23 AM, boyinthemirror said:

I hope she doesn’t go full on reggaeton for her Spanish album. That would be very basic, I don’t want her to do what everybody else does :mj_reading_paper_michael_jackson_blinking_glasses:

Totally agree with you. 

I think knowing Christina she most def would not follow trends, I've noticed that she's always tried to do her own thing (which is why I love her)

Unfortunately it hasn't really brought her much success particularly with her later albums but, I stan her her regardless, she is a true artist.

• Love 3

• Content Curators
8 hours ago, jonloch1 said:

I dont hate xtina although never been a fan of hers apart from the odd song. But when was the last time she even had a hit?? was it not Beautiful and Fighter back in 2002? im surprised she still even has a record deal tbh

The song "Your Body" did ok on the charts.

It's not really about the hits anymore if you ask me.

She's always delivers massive projects, you can tell she truly cares about what she's putting out and I appreaciate that.

Her recent albums may not be everybody's cup of tea but I enjoyed them. It's just a matter of taste and in her case maybe she needs better promo, Bionic and Lotus are packed with great material.

Liberation not so much, but that's just my taste, I still appreciated her effort.

Edited by Midnight
  • Love 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Midnight said:

The song "Your Body" did ok on the charts.

It's not really about the hits anymore if you ask me.

She's always delievers massive projects, you can tell she's truly cares about what she's putting out and I appreaciate that.

Her recent albums may not be everybody's cup of tea but I enjoyed them. It's just a matter of taste and in her case maybe she needs better promo, Bionic and Lotus and are packed with great material.

Liberation not so much, but that's just my taste, I still appreciated her effort.

Omg I agreed w everything until u said liberation was worse than bionic and lotus- liberation is such a return to element for her and probably the closest she has ever been both lyrically and sonically to stripped than she has ever been in. I know bionic was advertised as a weird return to stripped (she loves to say that and I’m glad she eventually just admitted to it being different for her) 

lotus was her demo album but I enjoyed many songs on it - the mastering needed to be better. U can tell by the cover similarities between lotus and stripped that she wanted a part 2 with the voice being her promo. It was not stripped though. 

liberation however, while much slower and less bangers by comparison to stripped, was so authentic because she took her time with it and genuinely wanted to make a hip hop and old school rnb approach to it. It was very stripped because she was beint herself, and not trying to recreate it. It was a natural progression. And I liked it 

• Love 5

Release strategy aka release a provocative first single, a ballad as the second single and let the album bomb on arrival. Same strategy she did for bionic, lotus and liberation!

what Christina did after he last 3 albums

queendugif-peace.gif

Imagine four years of hard work goes to waste because you want to follow the stripped approach! 

• Content Curators
2 hours ago, Rik said:

Omg I agreed w everything until u said liberation was worse than bionic and lotus- liberation is such a return to element for her and probably the closest she has ever been both lyrically and sonically to stripped than she has ever been in. I know bionic was advertised as a weird return to stripped (she loves to say that and I’m glad she eventually just admitted to it being different for her) 

lotus was her demo album but I enjoyed many songs on it - the mastering needed to be better. U can tell by the cover similarities between lotus and stripped that she wanted a part 2 with the voice being her promo. It was not stripped though. 

liberation however, while much slower and less bangers by comparison to stripped, was so authentic because she took her time with it and genuinely wanted to make a hip hop and old school rnb approach to it. It was very stripped because she was beint herself, and not trying to recreate it. It was a natural progression. And I liked it 

Not Liberation coming between us like that :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Literally we're on the same page, I agree and see what you mean about Liberation but, I just don't like it, like, I get what she was trying to bring to the table and it was well done but, it didn't click with me, I just didn't like any of the songs, literally none of them.

However, it's been a while since it came out so I'll give it another listen one of these days, maybe my opinion might change.

I also agree with you on Lotus, though the ballads on that one and Bionic are some of her most beautiful and very underrated songs.

(Sing For Me, Blank Page, Best Of Me, Lift Me Up, You Lost Me and Stronger Than Ever) 

• Love 2

22 minutes ago, Midnight said:

Not Liberation coming between us like that :tifftear_miss_ny_new_york_ms_crying_wipe_tears_sad:

Literally we're on the same page, I agree and see what you mean about Liberation but, I just don't like it, like, I get what she was trying to bring to the table and it was well done but, it didn't click with me, I just didn't like any of the songs, literally none of them.

However, it's been a while since it came out so I'll give it another listen one of these days, maybe my opinion might change.

I also agree with you on Lotus, though the ballads on that one and Bionic are some of her most beautiful and very underrated songs.

(Sing For Me, Blank Page, Best Of Me, Lift Me Up, You Lost Me and Stronger Than Ever) 

Omg I totally get it tho 

mans I agree u just named all my favourite songs from both albums, excluding blank page. Replace that with 

Spoiler

…… the best track wa def sing for me or best of me. Even best of me needed less vocoder on her vocals but whatever I loved it so much and the production was fun 

but this is also a guilty pleasure for me:

Another highlight from bionic was

the stripped version of I am (I’m sorry but other than you lost me and stronger than ever, the ballads were kind of overproduced at times.

Like even with this I only fell wirh after I heard the acoustic version she only sang live once.  

Liberation is genuinely good but I also see why it might not connect at first. I don’t listen to it often anymore, but I have pretty good memories with it because I first started smoking w**d intensely to it tbh

Rik’s top Pics:

• Love 2
  • Content Curators
7 minutes ago, Rik said:

Omg I totally get it tho 

OMG you're gonna flip out when I tell you

Spoiler

Circles is the ONLY song I don't like on Lotus :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

Shut Up is a boooopppp, it's that in your face anthem, I live for it. 

Overall, my thoughts on Lotus would be that's it's a cute album with fun catchy songs and some cute ballads, nothing too serious or too deep just a nice album without any pretension.

Ok I'll def give Liberation another listen and will start with your picks.

12 minutes ago, Midnight said:

OMG you're gonna flip out when I tell you

Reveal hidden contents

Circles is the ONLY song I don't like on Lotus :unreal_omg_no_way_shocked_wow_surprised:

Shut Up is a boooopppp, it's that in your face anthem, I live for it. 

Overall, my thoughts on Lotus would be that's it's a cute album with fun catchy songs and some cute ballads, nothing too serious or too deep just a nice album without any pretension.

Ok I'll def give Liberation another listen and will start with your picks.

Dont forget fall in line and deserve! 

Im voice typing this right now so I apologize if the speech text is wrong by:

ok after second thought, I don’t know why I said circles, it’s probably because it was one of the three songs that I actually bought on iTunes with actual money back in the day for some reason even though I didn’t like the album that much. I really needed a high quality version of circles because I think I really liked the transition to the chorus and how it sounds so rock oriented and her vocals are so distorted. But listening to it now I totally agree with the different critical reviews of the record them what they said about Circles specifically, which was that it was so weirdly confused… it wanted to be a pop song but also an Alanis Morissette record and I low-key understand where they’re coming from with that. But even that from you isn’t as much of a problem because it still works and I really like the chorus. The verses are just really bad. 

I don’t even know why I said circles, when in reality my favourites off the record is probably the intro

I love the jungly feel to it in the very background 

why do I Sound like such a fighter rn omg 

I did love her music and In Utero by Nirvana a lot in high school… this might explain a lot 

• Love 1
  • Content Curators
2 minutes ago, Rik said:

Dont forget fall in line and deserve! 

Im voice typing this right now so I apologize if the speech text is wrong by:

ok after second thought, I don’t know why I said circles, it’s probably because it was one of the three songs that I actually bought on iTunes with actual money back in the day for some reason even though I didn’t like the album that much. I really needed a high quality version of circles because I think I really liked the transition to the chorus and how it sounds so rock oriented and her vocals are so distorted. But listening to it now I totally agree with the different critical reviews of the record them what they said about Circles specifically, which was that it was so weirdly confused… it wanted to be a pop song but also an Alanis Morissette record and I low-key understand where they’re coming from with that. But even that from you isn’t as much of a problem because it still works and I really like the chorus. The verses are just really bad. 

I don’t even know why I said circles, when in reality my favourites off the record is probably the intro

I love the jungly feel to it at 

Yeesss omgahh that intro :yasqueen_yes_wow_crying_praise_tears_wipe_sad: the way it transitions into Army Of Me on the physical album makes it even more powerful.

5 hours ago, Midnight said:

Totally agree with you. 

I think knowing Christina she most def would not follow trends, I've noticed that she's always tried to do her own thing (which is why I love her)

Unfortunately it hasn't really brought her much success particularly with her later albums but, I stan her her regardless, she is a true artist.

Exactly!! But… I’m afraid because I don’t understand why she wants to release a group of songs once in a while instead of a body of work… It feels like she might have been unable to do anything cohesive that makes sense :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Nothing about that is trend-setting but confusing.

• Love 1

Leave a comment!

Not so fast! Did you know you can post now and register later? If you are already a member of Exhale, sign in here and start posting!
If you are not logged in, your post will need to be manually approved by an Exhale moderator before it's visible to everyone.

Tap to reply!

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

We noticed you're using an ad blocker  :ehum_britney_um_unsure_confused_what:

Thanks for visiting Exhale! Your support is greatly appreciated 💜  

Exhale survives through advertising revenue. Please, disable your ad block extension to help us and continue browsing Exhale. 🙏

I've disabled ad block