Sam Ingham III is not going to #FreeBritney [Opinion]

Haburo

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The "dementia" claim was only made on the first set of documents for the temporary conservatorship.

It was simply a box that was checked.

On all other documents going forward after the initial application, they switched it to "susceptible to undue influence."

As far as I know, they haven't made the dementia claim since February of 2008.

Right sorry I wasn’t being clear. I think you would need medical evidence to say she is susceptible to undue influence, which is what I was talking about there.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Haburo said:

Right sorry I wasn’t being clear. I think you would need medical evidence to say she is susceptible to undue influence, which is what I was talking about there.

The fanbase has gotten very stuck on the "dementia" claim, but that is only something that was revealed recently when lawyers working with the #FreeBritney movement started paying for old court docs.

The "undue influence" claim though...That was something that Jamie has openly declared since 2008.

Does that mean Team CON have been able to prove, medically, that she actually is susceptible to undue influence? 

Or they were just able to find a doctor who was willing to fudge it because it's such a vague statement? (Really, how would you prove that? What are the medical standards for making that claim?)

2 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

The fanbase has gotten very stuck on the "dementia" claim, but that is only something that was revealed recently when lawyers working with the #FreeBritney movement started paying for old court docs.

The "undue influence" claim though...That was something that Jamie has openly declared since 2008.

Does that mean Team CON have been able to prove, medically, that she actually is susceptible to undue influence? 

Or they were just able to find a doctor who was willing to fudge it because it's such a vague statement? (Really, how would you prove that? What are the medical standards for making that claim?)

I don’t know the specific answer to these questions but I just know that they would have had to prove she was susceptible to undue influence, more so than anyone is. Everyone would be susceptible to undue influence to some degree so it would likely take a medical professional spelling out in a psyche report why the patient was especially vulnerable to being influenced like this.

I don’t know what California medical reports  for Court look like, but ones I have commissioned have to include a declaration in the back for the doctor to sign which basically promises that they are impartial and are only acting in accordance with their duty of candor to the Court. So even though my client is paying the doctor for the report, if the doctor finds stuff that isn’t useful to the client’s case they would have to include that too.

But having said that, how Britney was at the time of that assessment is obviously different to now and it’s possible that Jamie could have targeted a doctor that he knew would be likely to say what he wanted anyway (though I don’t know how he would do that, but I’m just saying it’s not impossible).

If a patient had some kind of mental illness or learning disability which made them especially susceptible to undue influence, that would probably be highlighted in the medical/psyche report and would form the basis of the heart of the application: that Britney needs the conservatorship because she’s particularly vulnerable. Maybe they would have pointed to Lutfi’s hold over her at that time as further evidence, but (a) I don’t think that would be enough on its own without the medical/psyche report, and (b) that’s obviously not the case now.

So I don’t get why Sam Ingham III hasn’t commissioned another medical/psyche report to examine the issue of capacity. I think a new medical/psyche report would show that Britney doesn’t lack capacity to instruct Counsel. The very fact that she’s refusing to do shows or anything for Jamie would indicate pretty strongly that she’s not susceptible to undue influence, and would reflect what Brian said in Framing Britney Spears- that it’s difficult to force the Spears women to do anything.

1 hour ago, Haburo said:

So I don’t get why Sam Ingham III hasn’t commissioned another medical/psyche report to examine the issue of capacity. I think a new medical/psyche report would show that Britney doesn’t lack capacity to instruct Counsel. The very fact that she’s refusing to do shows or anything for Jamie would indicate pretty strongly that she’s not susceptible to undue influence, and would reflect what Brian said in Framing Britney Spears- that it’s difficult to force the Spears women to do anything.

I believe an evaluation was ordered back in May of 2019, as Britney and Lynne were trying to access Britney's medical records.

That's according to TMZ, which is usually pro-Jamie:

"Britney and her parents agreed on one thing during the hearing. According to court docs, the judge ordered an expert evaluation.

The documents don't specify what the expert will be evaluating, but in conservatorship cases, it often involves a mental examination of the conservatee ... in this case, Britney. However, the judge says the parameters of that evaluation will be set by Jamie Spears and a court-appointed lawyer."

Source: https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/10/britney-spears-parents-conservatorship-court-jamie-lynne/

However...We've never heard the result of that. It was a blip on the radar, and then gone.

3 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

I believe an evaluation was ordered back in May of 2019, as Britney and Lynne were trying to access Britney's medical records.

That's according to TMZ, which is usually pro-Jamie:

"Britney and her parents agreed on one thing during the hearing. According to court docs, the judge ordered an expert evaluation.

The documents don't specify what the expert will be evaluating, but in conservatorship cases, it often involves a mental examination of the conservatee ... in this case, Britney. However, the judge says the parameters of that evaluation will be set by Jamie Spears and a court-appointed lawyer."

Source: https://www.tmz.com/2019/05/10/britney-spears-parents-conservatorship-court-jamie-lynne/

However...We've never heard the result of that. It was a blip on the radar, and then gone.

If this happened it would mean that it indicated she doesn’t have capacity to get out of the conservatorship. I think for everyone, that would be surprising.

20 hours ago, phareezy said:

Completely. They underestimated her fans. They're going to get exposed. My only regret is Britney put up with this nonsense for as long as she has.

It's even more amazing they were able to strip the rights of someone as famous as Britney. Imagine what they do to regular people.

MTE!!! I really hope they get really exposed to the point they wont be able to manipulate anyone anymore. 

Its crazy to think they robbed 13 years of her life, imagine living like she has been for the past 13 years, a ******* nightmare. The biggest problem with Britney was she would do everything for her kids and they knew it that, so they used against her, and she didnt have anyone on her side on her own family, they all sided with Jamie profitting off her misery. 

1 hour ago, Haburo said:

If this happened it would mean that it indicated she doesn’t have capacity to get out of the conservatorship. I think for everyone, that would be surprising.

The doctor responsible for Britney Spears’ medical treatment has died aged 48 – weeks before a report whether the popstar was receiving appropriate treatment is revealed.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/britney-spears-doctor-dies-weeks-medical-report-issued-conservatorship-case-10709892/

Interestingly, it was at this time that Jamie gave up his place as Brit's conservator of person to Jodi

Jamie, 67, has asked to temporarily step down as his daughter’s conservator ‘ due to personal health reasons’.

Jamie has asked for Jodi Montgomery, a woman he describes as Britney’s ‘care manager’ to be appointed as temporary conservator, according to legal documents.

However, Jamie’s request comes after Britney’s ex-husband Kevin Federline filed a restraining order against him, afterhe allegedly had a physical altercation with his 13-year-old grandson Sean.

55 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

The doctor responsible for Britney Spears’ medical treatment has died aged 48 – weeks before a report whether the popstar was receiving appropriate treatment is revealed.

https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/09/britney-spears-doctor-dies-weeks-medical-report-issued-conservatorship-case-10709892/

Interestingly, it was at this time that Jamie gave up his place as Brit's conservator of person to Jodi

So I'm a bit confused. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

The TMZ article that was the original source on the Metro story didn't say that Dr. Benson was writing the report himself.

"Sources connected to Britney tell TMZ the judge will receive a report within the next 10 days from a court-appointed evaluator who has spent more than 3 months determining if her medical and other care was appropriate."

That makes it sound like the evaluator was a different person...and that the report was still coming within 10 days of September 9, 2019.

24 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

So I'm a bit confused. :calculating_confused_meme_blonde_math_woman_thinking_what:

The TMZ article that was the original source on the Metro story didn't say that Dr. Benson was writing the report himself.

"Sources connected to Britney tell TMZ the judge will receive a report within the next 10 days from a court-appointed evaluator who has spent more than 3 months determining if her medical and other care was appropriate."

That makes it sound like the evaluator was a different person...and that the report was still coming within 10 days of September 9, 2019.

I'm confused too))

But the TMZ is known for singing to tune of team Con for a long time already. A venal online newspaper.

Katerina the lawyer who used to work with Andrew Wallet.

So it seems there is no annual update? Just financial reports. 

There is heaps of other posts from her as well. She also spoke on the Britney’s gram episode where she revealed Andrew Wallet called Britney’s c-ship an “experiment” to test probate court. 

I believe Britney and a lot of people were interviewed for the 730 evaluation. But Jamie’s team delayed it. Then her doctor died and Jamie stepped down around that time too. It would be gross if even Ingham just moved on from it because Jodi stepped in rather then letting her be evaluated to get her own council. 

5 hours ago, Forever222 said:

There is heaps of other posts from her as well. She also spoke on the Britney’s gram episode where she revealed Andrew Wallet called Britney’s c-ship an “experiment” to test probate court. 

I believe Britney and a lot of people were interviewed for the 730 evaluation. But Jamie’s team delayed it. Then her doctor died and Jamie stepped down around that time too. It would be gross if even Ingham just moved on from it because Jodi stepped in rather then letting her be evaluated to get her own council. 

I am so relieved that another lawyer is saying this stuff. I felt like I was going crazy watching all this happen.

Britney needs to just commission her own. You don’t have to be a lawyer to pay for a medical/psyche report. She just needs to get her own and bring it to the attention of the Court.

12 hours ago, Forever222 said:

Thanks for posting.

I hadn't realized that the medical evaluation hadn't been submitted.

It looks like Jamie's lawyers were using so many different stall tactics heading into this past Christmas season that they were purposely trying to confuse everyone.

However, that medical evaluation was supposed to be submitted a year earlier in September of 2019 — not September of 2020.

I can't believe Britney has to pay for all of this bull**** out of her own pocket. :orangu_orangutan_ape:

Archived