Sam Ingham III is not going to #FreeBritney [Opinion]

Haburo

@Steel Magnolia 

On another thread, u asked me about where did that 15 minutes story came from, and here it's:

Sam Ingham, the court-appointed investigator who spoke with Britney for 15 minutes on Sunday, told the court that the singer "did not understand" the nature of the proceedings and the impact the process could have on her affairs. "She lacks the capacity to retain direct counsel," he told the court. Streisand responded, "I am her lawyer." Commissioner Reva Goetz disagreed and did not recognize him as Spears' attorney, ejecting him from the courtroom.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After hearing a lot of people who works with California laws saying, after the doc, that no one ever comes out of this kinda of conservatorship, I think there is some strategy to remove James before trying ending the whole thing. Mainly because he is a control freak, and in order to actually be able to produce some proof in Brintey's favor she needs some liberty. Everything is decide by him right now, even her encounters with the lawyer. 

That being said, I don't trust this Igham. Specially after knowing he wasn't a random lawyer appointed by the court, he was chosen by James himself. 

2 hours ago, Haburo said:

Sam Ingham is Britney’s Court-appointed attorney. Sam Ingham is a conservatorship/trusts/estates attorney, NOT a mental health law/human rights attorney. His job is managing the money and finances of dead/nearly dead people. He is not in the business of challenging claims of incapacity. That is what Britney needs now.

Britney has been found in a psyche/medical report, which her father would have commissioned on her behalf, to lack capacity to instruct Counsel. This medical report is over a decade old. If a medical report in 2007 said you had a broken arm, and this report was being relied upon to judge your ongoing arm strength in 2021, you would get a new report commissioned.

I work in mental health law and human rights (not in California, sorry) and only saw Framing Britney Spears just now because it hasn’t aired in my country yet, and my first thought was: why the hell hasn’t she obtained a new medical/psyche report to challenge the incapacity issue? If she could exhibit this to the Court, then the Court would at least have to look at whether the conservatorship were still necessary (because it wouldn’t be).

There are only two reasons I can think that this wouldn’t be looked at- and granted, I don’t practice in California so maybe I’m wrong. But they are either that (a) Britney is still suffering from some debilitating mental illness to this day which would be confirmed in a new psyche/medical report, or (b) that her attorney just isn’t challenging this aspect of the conservatorship. This is either because he’s inexperienced in doing this (challenging a conservatorship isn’t really something that he would normally/ever have to do), he doesn’t know how (which I wouldn’t blame him for because I definitely wouldn’t be able to manage someone’s trust or estate at first go) or he’s not being instructed by Britney to do this (how can any normal person be expected to come up with this).

We should also keep in mind that it’s in Sam Ingham’s interests to keep Britney in a conservatorship because then he keeps her as a client and still gets paid. Big money. Britney didn’t appoint him as her Counsel. The Court did. California Probate Code says that conservatees have the right to be represented by Counsel they choose, but Britney does not have this right because of this old medical/psyche report.

Sam Ingham said on August 31 that the conservatorship is voluntary and that, at any point, Britney could instruct him to file the paperwork to get rid of it. This hasn’t happened. Instead, they are just trying to get Jamie off it. This is really weird. Why would Britney need a conservatorship which comes with extremely expensive Court fees (for her own lawyers, her father’s lawyers, the Trust’s lawyers) when she could just get rid of the conservatorship and hire a business manager/accountancy firm to oversee her $? It just doesn’t make a lot of sense to me and raises questions in my mind about the kind of advice she’s been getting for the past 13 years.

Also, Britney has been placed under a probate conservatorship. This is really extreme and could easily be contested by a new medical/psyche report which would not indicate that she has a dementia-related illness in 2021.

If Sam Ingham won’t do it, Jamie Lynn should get her attorneys to arrange one and try to use them to introduce it to proceedings and bring it to the attention of the Court.

The question is: why are they not doing this?

You know, for me I think the financial aspect is what matters the least. I’m not against Britney having Bessemer as an advisor/conservator of her state and money, but only if that means that Britney herself makes the decisions. What needs to be cleared up is her conservatorship of her personal life

24 minutes ago, TomasBR said:

After hearing a lot of people who works with California laws saying, after the doc, that no one ever comes out of this kinda of conservatorship, I think there is some strategy to remove James before trying ending the whole thing. Mainly because he is a control freak, and in order to actually be able to produce some proof in Brintey's favor she needs some liberty. Everything is decide by him right now, even her encounters with the lawyer. 

That being said, I don't trust this Igham. Specially after knowing he wasn't a random lawyer appointed by the court, he was chosen by James himself. 

I think that's exactly it.

The onus is on Britney to prove to the court that she doesn't need the conservatorship.

Her mental health will never be in good shape as long as Jamie is at the helm. She needs to remove him first before she can prove to the court that the conservatorship as a whole is no longer needed.

41 minutes ago, jusluvme said:

Ingham and Vivian are friends on linkedin,also he validated some of her skills. Adam doesn't have neither of them

:kermit_frog_meme_green:

Adam Streisand has written a paper on determining whether people have the capacity to retain a lawyer with the doctor who said Britney didn't have any capacity, so Linkedin friends ain't really gonna tell us anything

14 minutes ago, Applejack said:

there was the 730 the judge requested and the doctor supposed to give that medical evaluation died suddenly. I do not know what has became of the investigation, but the keyword is that Ingham is saying Britney's a high functioning conservatee

Wheres that ******* evaluation btw? 

13 minutes ago, Applejack said:

there was the 730 the judge requested and the doctor supposed to give that medical evaluation died suddenly. I do not know what has became of the investigation, but the keyword is that Ingham is saying Britney's a high functioning conservatee

Yes, I don't know why this is not talked much more because it's completely contradictory with her Probate Conservatorship :umomg_britney_shocked_wow_omg_surprised_eyes_wide:

1 hour ago, Bundy said:

@Steel Magnolia 

On another thread, u asked me about where did that 15 minutes story came from, and here it's:

Sam Ingham, the court-appointed investigator who spoke with Britney for 15 minutes on Sunday, told the court that the singer "did not understand" the nature of the proceedings and the impact the process could have on her affairs. "She lacks the capacity to retain direct counsel," he told the court. Streisand responded, "I am her lawyer." Commissioner Reva Goetz disagreed and did not recognize him as Spears' attorney, ejecting him from the courtroom.

https://www.mtv.com/news/1580917/britney-spears-lawyer-ejected-from-courtroom-after-judge-doesnt-recognize-him-as-her-counsel/

This quote always really bothered me. She was in the hospital, going through a lot, and then this dude ran in threw a bunch of information her way, he took it as her not understanding then left. No way he could properly answer her questions and have an appropriate conversation with her in that amount of time. Not to mention, as her lawyer, isn't it his ******* job to make sure his client understands what is at stake??? God, the injustices thrown her way are incredible. 

This was a ploy from the beginning. I'm amazed Sam is even doing anything remotely favorable for her now. I guess with Judge Reva Goetz gone he feels he needs to actually help his client now. Sick.

1 hour ago, s&m said:

At least we know one thing, he is under microscope right now so he will think twice about being shady. If I was him I would like to be know as ‘The Britney Spears Savior’ instead of a shady lawyer

He had 13 years to do that and failed. At this point, he's just going to be known as the dude that finally decided to do his job only after intense public pressure. He's lucky Britney fans don't come with Trump supporter energy or there would have been some riots in his front lawn by now.

4 minutes ago, phareezy said:

He had 13 years to do that and failed. At this point, he's just going to be known as the dude that finally decided to do his job only after intense public pressure. He's lucky Britney fans don't come with Trump supporter energy or there would have been some riots in his front lawn by now.

I am talking about general public

Sam Ingham at this stage is trying to protect the system. The system he lead with Jamie’s team. He was smart enough to see the writing on the wall and begun to collaborate with Britney. Since she appeared in court with her mom and told them about the facility stay and wanting more freedoms. He had no choice. When Jodi jumped in she probably saw the red flags as well.
Andrew wallet is just as bad as Sam. He took the risk and called the c-ship a hybrid business model and an experiment to test probate court. Andrew wallet took Advantage of Britney’s system to make a ton of money. 

Custody of her children shouldn't been an issue for too much longer. They are turning 16 & 15 this year. I feel they are practically able to decide for themselves who they want to live with & when. But I understand it's going to take some time to get this all sorted out. I Thank God that the documentary has opened peoples eyes & I am optimistic about the future for Britney Britney Spears Smiling GIF

Archived