[Rumor] Netflix wanted to release a documentary titled “Free Britney”. EDIT: 3 docs were/are in the making. (Netflix, Lifetime, ...)

THE BAJAN VIBE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason I'd like Netflix to produce one is because the audience is HUGE! Other than that, I's say pass, because Netflix has one format they work with. Their productions aren't really that groundbreaking. I'd rather have a team from HBO work on it. 

Also why would Netflix be afraid of her camp? It's not like they would be telling any lies. Besides, Netflix has enough money to fight Jamie and I think with Bessemer being co-conservator now, Jamie can't spend Britney's money on lawsuits against any Free Britney supporter.

48 minutes ago, DuranDuran said:

but, as I understand, now it will be difficult for him to transfer her money into some dubious business, cuz of Bessmer...

UPD. Sorry, marked the wrong quote

He legally gets paid with money from Britney's estate for being co-conservator of her estate. He also was legally granted the right to use money in Britney's estate to cover 80% of billed legal fees for hiring a group of attorneys. Bessemer Trust being co-conservator won't stop him from getting paid for being the co-conservator of Britney's estate.

I think about the free Britney, what the NYT did is enough to draw attention to the subject for the general public, I think that making another documentary about the conservatorship is a lost opportunity, what I think is that with the Netflix, the documentary they were supposed to make should come from Britney herself and her team as they did with "For the Record".

Netflix has a much greater reach than Hulu, so they should take the opportunity to make a documentary with them when she was already free and then yes, she could give her testimony about the whole situation, about her career, her personal life (about her children and Sam) and take the opportunity to show her back to work, like studio recordings and dance rehearsals. What Netflix should do for now is to put at least the DWADT, the 2003 ABC Special and Stages, to draw attention to her as an artist and not to her personal life, because if not one day people will forget the real reason that made her famous: her talent, especially on stage.

Archived