'Britney Jean' up for 2021 Grammy's...

GregReid

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jordeezy said:

I don't hate her but I miss Beyonce the POPSTAR - not here for Yonce the mumble rapper. 

I-

What? Wym mumble rap?? Lemonade? Even if you're talking about like ... Formation or Sorry that's... not what that is. Lemonade had a ******* country banger on it lmao. It was a near-perfect pop album. Beyonce has been one of the people defining what pop music sounds like for the past like 20 years. Is the Lion King album mumble rap :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile: If anything I'd say Beyonce was exploring world music in her last effort not mumble rap. 

Beyonce would not be the insane superstar popstar that she is and has remained if she was still releasing dated *** bops like "Girl". Don't get me wrong, I love her old stuff too, but pop music doesn't sound like that anymore. 

Anyway IDK why I'm defending her so hard, I actually don't listen to her all that much, I just find people pay her dust on this forum way too much. 

3 minutes ago, lilhennythings said:

I-

What? Wym mumble rap?? Lemonade? Even if you're talking about like ... Formation or Sorry that's... not what that is. Lemonade had a ******* country banger on it lmao. It was a near-perfect pop album. Beyonce has been one of the people defining what pop music sounds like for the past like 20 years. Is the Lion King album mumble rap :cuteidk_britney_excited_laugh_yes_yas_happy_smile: If anything I'd say Beyonce was exploring world music in her last effort not mumble rap. 

Beyonce would not be the insane superstar popstar that she is and has remained if she was still releasing dated *** bops like "Girl". Don't get me wrong, I love her old stuff too, but pop music doesn't sound like that anymore. 

Anyway IDK why I'm defending her so hard, I actually don't listen to her all that much, I just find people pay her dust on this forum way too much. 

The Lion King album was cute - I liked some of it. Still nothing "catchy".

1 hour ago, lilhennythings said:

Why do people hate Beyonce here? She's insanely talented and has never said anything but nice things about Britney. She's far and away more talented than Mariah, and more current and relevant that Celine. Whitney is also a legend. 

LFMAO are you delusional? She's more talented than Mariah??? 

cant believe it schitts creek GIF by CBC

1 minute ago, runpiggierun said:

LFMAO are you delusional? She's more talented than Mariah??? 

cant believe it schitts creek GIF by CBC

One hundred thousand percent. Mariah is a boring person whose personality is about as deep as a nun's throat. She has a jaw-dropping range & is a very talented singer but what has she done in the past handful of years worth anything beyond being a passable bop at best? Yeah she's got some great decade+ old bops and every Christmas gets some play time. Can she even dance? Beyonce consistently has reinvented herself, is a CRAZY dancer, proven herself to be a visionary not only as a musician but an overall artist with her visual albums, a career-long cohesive aesthetic, and mature lyrics that in many cases are excellently written :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:Mariah can manage "Giving Me Life" and I guess that's pretty cute :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:. Not only that, but the motifs & thematic concerns of Beyonce's music are head and shoulders above Mariah Carey and have been impactful in the political discourse of American racial politics. What even are Mariah's overall career motifs? She can hit a high note? Gays love her? She's a *****? People are obsessed with her? lol yawn :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

3 hours ago, lilhennythings said:

Why do people hate Beyonce here? She's insanely talented and has never said anything but nice things about Britney. She's far and away more talented than Mariah, and more current and relevant that Celine. Whitney is also a legend. 

where have you seen the hate? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

she is talented, but I definitely don't believe that she worths 24 Grammys :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: yeah she's influenced a lot, but more than Whitney-Celine-Mariah-Madonna combined? :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

she is twice as awarded as MJ :dead_falling_wig_dying:

same for JT: 10 Grammys :dead_falling_wig_dying:

twice as much as Aguilera :dead_falling_wig_dying: 

or Billie Eilish :dead_falling_wig_dying:

she has as many Grammys as MC, Shania Twain, Aguilera and Elton John :dead_falling_wig_dying: 

The Black Eye Pears or idk what their name is have more Grammys than Whitney :dead_falling_wig_dying:

sorry I can't just take the Grammys seriously :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

1 hour ago, conceptuel said:

where have you seen the hate? :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

she is talented, but I definitely don't believe that she worths 24 Grammys :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: yeah she's influenced a lot, but more than Whitney-Celine-Mariah-Madonna combined? :quirkney_britney_well_welp_giggle_lol_hehe_haha_laugh_joke:

she is twice as awarded as MJ :dead_falling_wig_dying:

same for JT: 10 Grammys :dead_falling_wig_dying:

twice as much as Aguilera :dead_falling_wig_dying: 

or Billie Eilish :dead_falling_wig_dying:

she has as many Grammys as MC, Shania Twain, Aguilera and Elton John :dead_falling_wig_dying: 

The Black Eye Pears or idk what their name is have more Grammys than Whitney :dead_falling_wig_dying:

sorry I can't just take the Grammys seriously :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:

Meh, I don't disagree the Grammys are a sham, but yeah, I do think Beyonce has influenced things more than half that list idk. Black Eyed Peas having more Grammys than Whitney is a travesty lol 

One hundred thousand percent. Mariah is a boring person whose personality is about as deep as a nun's throat. She has a jaw-dropping range & is a very talented singer but what has she done in the past handful of years worth anything beyond being a passable bop at best? Yeah she's got some great decade+ old bops and every Christmas gets some play time. Can she even dance? Beyonce consistently has reinvented herself, is a CRAZY dancer, proven herself to be a visionary not only as a musician but an overall artist with her visual albums, a career-long cohesive aesthetic, and mature lyrics that in many cases are excellently written :tina_judging_side_eye_glance_staring_looking_red:Mariah can manage "Giving Me Life" and I guess that's pretty cute :haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:. Not only that, but the motifs & thematic concerns of Beyonce's music are head and shoulders above Mariah Carey and have been impactful in the political discourse of American racial politics. What even are Mariah's overall career motifs? She can hit a high note? Gays love her? She's a *****? People are obsessed with her? lol yawn :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

Ok, i get your point but there’s different types of artists and Mariah is an amazing singer yes and you forgot songwriter, that wrote all of her own songs. Beyoncé needs 10 writers to write one song, let’s not be delusional. Lemonade wasn’t even written by her, or even really about jay z 

the Grammys aren't about dancing :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

JJ dances better than Beyoncé :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: Pink basically does acrobatics while singing live :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

crazy lyrics not written by her though

Beyoncé's music have been impactful on American society only since 2016 :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: not in 2009 in which she had like 3 Grammys only for single ladies :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek: 

you do realise the bridge between madonna and Beyoncé in terms of influence? Beyoncé'll probably never be able to top that :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

I'm not hating on Beyoncé, and yeah she is insanely talented, but I've just noticed how overrated she was in the US, I mean, she's definitely not more talented than Whitney Houston, not more of a performer than Pink (who outsold Beyoncé btw for her last world tour), definitely not more influential than Madonna, not more popular than MJ.

and she still is awarded - in the Grammys - 4 to 5 times more than these artists, so... 

the same goes for Britney & the VMAs :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile: bomt & toxic, probably one of the most "signature" MVs of all time not getting a single vma :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

and photoshop-of-me getting 3 awards lol :katyclown_makeup_mess_pie_meme_smile:

4 hours ago, lilhennythings said:

I applaud your courage to live in your own fantasy refusing to exit without a fight.

mariah carey crying GIFHappy Beyonce GIF by BET Awards

Archived