This Day in Pop: Britney, Beyoncé and Pink at the premiere of Pepsi Gladiator commercial featuring We Will Rock You in 2004 (January 26)

45 minutes ago, Mooncatcher said:

PASSIVE VOICE IS NOT CORRECT, HONEY :wendycry_wiliams_panicked_crying_tears_upset_sad:

ACTIVE VOICE IS BETTAH:  Britney totally overshadowed Beyonce here. 

Britney sounded the worst, by far.  Her voice is far too weak for this sort of track, and both Beyonce and Pink easily outsung her and left her in the dust.  Our fave also had the least amount of presence. 

Beyonce slayed this one and you will deal:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SloppyToppyGoddess said:

Omg i forgot about this commercial. What ever happened to Beyonce Knowles and P!nk? Britney was stunning!

Beyonce went on to become one of the most legendary and relevant performers of all time, while our fave is at home looking at the walls and losing all revelancy by the second.  

i wish Britney was free and slaying like Beyonce :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

• Haha 1

I really dislike Britney's voice on this. It sounds like she's trying too hard and as a reault sounds strained. If she went more natural and sang similar to how she did in What's Going On? then it would be perfect. 

From memory wasn't P!nk extremely upset (or furious haha) that Beyoncé wore fur to the premiere? 

• Like 1

I remember having the pepsi cans and I threw them out like a dummy :flop_britney_candies:

This pepsi commercial is iconic but its not my favorite Britney commercial. This one is my fav:

At the end of the day the commercial ended up being slightly prophetic didn’t it? All three women are still relevant and iconic in their own right :mhm_britney_nodding_yes_mhmm: 

Imagine if this would have had X-Tina, Avril and Alicia Keys. Where are they now? :lollipop_britney_sucker_dancing_party_2012:

• Love 3
6 hours ago, mythology said:

Britney sounded the worst, by far.  Her voice is far too weak for this sort of track, and both Beyonce and Pink easily outsung her and left her in the dust.  Our fave also had the least amount of presence. 

Beyonce slayed this one and you will deal:ohi_okay_chewing_gum_well_welp:

It didn't matter who out sang each other hear, in terms of the ad, we been knew Britney's presence overall outshined both of theirs, despite her vocals being weaker. 

6 hours ago, mythology said:

Beyonce went on to become one of the most legendary and relevant performers of all time, while our fave is at home looking at the walls and losing all revelancy by the second.  

i wish Britney was free and slaying like Beyonce :crying2_britney_crying_tears_2003_diane_sobbing_sad:

What I don't get is how nearly every single post of yours is like this. I don't mind you comparing Beyonce and Britney because they have their own strengths and weaknesses (some more noticeable than others. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:) but if you wish Britney was Beyonce, then shouldn't you just stan Beyonce and visit fan pages for her? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Also:

3 hours ago, Iconic 4 U said:

Not them giving Beyonce an rnb beat for her part :gloria_falling_stairs_trip:

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

It didn't matter who out sang each other hear, in terms of the ad, we been knew Britney's presence overall outshined both of theirs, despite her vocals being weaker. 

What I don't get is how nearly every single post of yours is like this. I don't mind you comparing Beyonce and Britney because they have their own strengths and weaknesses (some more noticeable than others. :jl_jamie_lynn_awkward_cringe_eek:) but if you wish Britney was Beyonce, then shouldn't you just stan Beyonce and visit fan pages for her? :beynah_beyonce_talking_telling_preaching:

Also:

Bc Ctrlcé doesnt have one :blol_britney_2011_ff_femme_fatale_laugh_lol_haha_hehe_lmao:

1 hour ago, InZone said:

I didn’t know this comercial was 2004. Britney doesen’t look 2004ney in it. More like 2002. I don’t know why, but that’s how I see it. 

Yeah, it was actually shot in 2003, don't know exactly which month, and premiered early 2004. You can see the three of them look different from the commercial shots and the premiere

Edit: apparently it was September. Here she is at a hotel in Italy throwing signed pictures to her fans from the terrace

047.jpg

And here she is heading to the studio to record the song, in Rome too

XRAY_BG_HQ_ROME_28129.jpg

• Love 3
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Hooked-On-Knee said:

Also:

I like Britney more than Beyonce.  Britney is and will always be my fave, but she's on hiatus now and is unfortunatly becoming irrelevant, while Beyonce continues to slay.  Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

Im not afraid to give Beyonce props;  she's a way better vocalist and performer than Britney is presently, and thats a fact.  Im not insecure to admit this like the rest of exhell:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, mythology said:

I like Britney more than Beyonce.  Britney is and will always be my fave, but she's on hiatus now and is unfortunatly becoming irrelevant, while Beyonce continues to slay.  Its unfortunate but it is what it is.

Im not afraid to give Beyonce props;  she's a way better vocalist and performer than Britney is presently, and thats a fact.  Im not insecure to admit this like the rest of exhell:haha_britney_laugh_lol_lmao_hehe_haha_bw_black_white:

8i5Y.gif

• Love 1

Rumor has it, two of the ladies didnt like working with one of the other ladies. And they havent worked together since. :deserves_kim_kardashian_smirk_pink:

And Britney never seems to get her features done correctly in the studio. I swear it the producers that dont know her voice and how to get the best out of her. She was suppose to be the pop sound, but I feel like she could have done better vocally and wasnt pushed.

And how did they release all these promo cds and no one has one? And is it just the audio from the commercial with all the sound effects and background noise?

1 hour ago, mythology said:

Neither am I but I don't think there's a need to constantly say things like that. It gets redundant because literally every time you talk about Beyonce on here, you bring up Britney. Britney never was and never will be Beyonce, Britney is never going to perform like she did in 2004 again, that's a fact. :huh_britney_confused_what_2003_itz_zone_in_the:

• Love 2